(Roleplay) Proving Worth

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Brienae, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Trivursar Active Member

"Well, then..." Jaeir said, glancing around at the destruction of the surrounding land. "I'll get to restoring this land, as to not throw anyone who happens to travel through here into a tizzy. It seems as though young Thistlepuff can throw a decent punch, I will help her when I'm done here. You two gather your things" he gestured towards the conscious companions, "And Kyriu, if you can manage it, try to carry Thistlepuff on your back. We need to leave here immediately after I'm done. I'm sure there will be more orcs searching for their lost hunting party, and I'd hate to have to really hold my own this time, things won't be as pretty..." he shot a fierce glance, sparks and all, at Kyriu, still disappointed at her for letting an orc slip through. Jaeir flapped his wings and rose into the air, above the desolate wasteland that was their battlefield. He brought his hands together, holding them as if he was holding a large sphere. He took a deep breath, and blew into the center of his hands. A brilliant green and gold orb began to form there, and after a few seconds he tossed it into the air. He fluttered down beside the others, and watched as his work took form. The orb imploded on itself, and then shot out brilliant and glimmering golden and green rain, covering every scorched and charred spec of the ground. While watching the display, he was briefly taken back to a time when he gained these magnificent and unique powers.

Not like any average fury around, Jaeir was far more gifted. As a young budding fae, Jaeir was fond of the Faydark. He reveled in all of its beauty and glory that it held. During a rather violent and devastating storm one night, Jaeir was wandering the forest floor looking for shelter. During his search for cover, Jaeir found a lost faydark wolf pup, which took shelter under an unusualy large flower. Being that Jaeir was a Fae, most plant life was large, but this one was...different. He went to the pup, and took actions to ensure his safety. Suddenly, lightning struck nearby, igniting the forest floor around it in a blazing fire. Hoping that the rain would extinguish it, Jaeir turned his attention back to the pup, only to find it had run off in fear. He turned back to the fire, and noticed the forest treetops were to dense to let enough water down to put the fire out. Jaeir made every effort that he could to protect the surrounding fauna, and the flower which had offered shelter to the pup, and now, Jaeir. Unsuccessful in his attempts, Jaeir search vigilantly for a source of water, for his magic was very underdeveloped at the time. He soon spotted a bowl shaped leaf, full of water. He dragged it towards the flames, which were growing rapidly, and lifted with all his might. the water spilled out and washed over the fire, dousing it with a display of steam clouds.

"Remarkable!" said a voice behind him. "Indeed, quite a show." replied the other. Frightened, Jaeir spun around and flung an icy wind towards the voices. With a wave of their hands, it vanished. "Now, now, there is no need for such hostility, we have no intentions of causing you harm, young Fae" "Jaeir dropped to his knees in shock, for before him stood Tunare, the mother of all, and Karana, the Stormfather. "What you did to save this flower was admirable. Not because you had a sense of its uniqueness, and it being quite special to me, but because you felt it was the right thing to do, to preserve nature in anyway." She smiled at him. "Not only to protect it, but you had not shown any fear towards the lightning that stuck, nor to the fire that ravaged this very area. You stood up to what the storm had dealt you." Nodded Karana in approval. "There have not been many mortals like you, Jaeir, in your time, or in ages past. For that, you have my thanks." Tunare bowed her head briefly towards Jaeir, who threw himself to the ground in praise."And for your unwavering courage, you have my admiration. Tunare and I have come to decide that you are worthy of a gift from each of us. From me," Karana raised his staff, glowing bright blue, "you have not only the power of the storms being a young fury, but you will have the very essence of them. Not to control them better, but to BE them." He slammed his staff to the ground, causing the very earth to shake, and the skys to rumble, before releasing a very large and vibrant lightning bolt which struck Jaeir. He screamed in agony as the pain of the power surging through his very body, and invigorating him. His scream echoed louder than the thunder that followed the bolt. He stood up, wearily, and bowed, thanking Karana. "From me, you shall have the gift of Nature itself. As a fury, you already borrow the forces of healing and natural restoration. With this, you shall command life in ALL things in this world, and it shall head your every word, your every breath. Use these gifts well, young Fae. You will do many great things, and be remembered for more than a Hero!" Tunare took a breath, and exhaled. The winds that followed were tremendous. Galeforce wing lashing through Jaeir's body, he writhed in utter pain as the ground itself became alit in all the glory that she had blessed him with. "Do well Jaeir, and nature shall do the same. Aid it, and it will aid you." Jaeir blinked, and they had bothed vanished, with nothing but a few glowing leaves swirling around the spot Tunare stood in, while the clouds above Karana flashed with joy as the Stormfather returned. He blinked again, and sparks danced in his eyes.

Jaeir looked up at the raining green and gold that soaked and brought renewed life to the scarred battle lands. He smiled, and sparks danced in his eyes again, more dazzling than ever.
  2. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu sighed as she stood. She saw the disappointment in Jaeir's eyes and turned away from him. She was already disappointed in herself. Never did she feel good enough. She looked at the unconscious orc still left. He would need to be eliminated but not while he was defenseless. That would be unbalanced. She positioned herself over the orc waiting for him to stir. "I'll take care of this one," she announced "as soon as he stands,"
    She had made a novice mistake not being vigilant enough and for that her companions had paid.
    The last orc opened his eyes and stood raising his sword
    This time Kyriu was ready she jabbed her fist quickly in the Five Rings Manuever and then did a spinning kick producing a loud crack from the orc's neck as it fell. "That looks like all of them," she said looking around. This time she knew for certain none of the orcs would be getting up ever again. "Sure I can carry Thistlepuff until she is strong enough to walk." She walked over and gently picked up the fae. Carefully she positioned the fae on her back so that she would not fall. "Everyone ready?" she asked.
  3. Bint and Teekie Member

Kaki kept watch as his companions took care of whatever remained of the battle. The area was slowly returning to normal wherever Jaeir's magic landed. Quite an impressive feat if he'd say so himself. This is something he wished everyone else would do as well wherever there was a battle, but sadly it's often neglected and sometimes there's even large areas ravaged by battles. Skvee traced the ground with interest as the green and golden rain made the grass grow back, sniffing curiously and jumping away in shock when the grass appeared where he didn't expect it.

Kaki took a quick glance at Kyriu and the last Orc as she took care of it. Anything you can do to regain your confidence is good, even if it's seemingly insignificant, but you need more than just snapping the neck of an Orc. Kaki will see if he can have a chat with her when the time is right.

"I'm finished heres, doesn't seem to be any more Orcs around now." Kaki responded. He looked around one more time. "Skvee, times to leave." He made a noice similar to a squeak and Skvee rose for a moment before he ran straight to Kaki and climbed into the pouch on his side. The Ratonga then turned around and followed after Kyriu.
  4. Trivursar Active Member

Jaeir picked up his bag and began to follow behind, but not before patting the blade hidden beneath the black shroud tied to his waist, ensuring it was still there. He did one last sweep of the area to be sure it was clear. "Good!" he said to himself. He glanced ahead to see that the companions were already a good deal ahead of him. He sighed to himself, and knelt to the ground. his wings folded back, and he held his breath. His body began to glow blue, and as he exhaled, his muscled became empowered with energy. He unfolded his wings, and looked ahead again to see that Kaki was waving as him to catch up. "Very well..." he said with a grin, before darting off at incredible speeds, his wings a blur in the air. A few seconds later, he was already at their side, spinning circles in the air above their heads at great speed. Dust and leaves were being whipped up at the winds created by his wings, and at one point, he almost blew Thistlepuff off of Kyriu's back, as her wings caught a gust of air.

"Woops...I don't think that's the most stable place for our friend there...and should we get ambushed, I don't want her in danger..." He landed, and the winds died down. Jaeir bent down to pluck a single blade of grass from the ground, and positioned it between his thumbs, creating a small hole that encompassed the blade. He inhaled deeply, and exhaled through the makeshift whistle. The noise that followed was staggering, and it startled the surrounding wildlife into fleeing. Shortly after the echo died, it was silent.

Skvee poked his head out of the pouch and began sniffing the air, before squeaking towards the sky. A puffy cloud descended at great speeds, this one being different from the other cloud Jaeir called earlier. It wasn't black, nor was it charged with energy, instead it was a soft grey, and seemed to have tiny flecks of snow floating down from it. "Here, rest her on this. She is starting to get a fever," he spoke, glancing at the small beads of sweat collecting on her forehead, "and this will help it. Her body is wracked from before. Should we get into trouble, the cloud will take her high above to safety for the time being." He helped to rest Thistlepuff onto the cloud, and dashed off into the nearby grove, returning with a freshly picked leaf. He rolled it into a tube, and dragged it underneath the cloud for a few seconds. When he stood back up, the leaf was almost frozen, but still slightly flexible. He bent it to fir Thistlepuffs forehead, and rested it there. "That should help her temperature as well, and hopefully alleviate that headache she had." He looked ahead, and spotted a canyon. "There it is folks. We aren't far now. We should be able to get through it and set up camp just on the other side of the canyon before nightfall. Lets move." He began to hover again, and started towards the canyon to Butcherblock. With the cloud gliding silently behind him, leaving a dusting of snow behind it momentarily, before melting, the companions followed, eager to see the other side.
  5. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu silently agreed that the cloud would be safer. Once Thistlepuff was secure on the cloud Kyriu started walking again. There was something different about Jaeir. He had abilities which seemed to be more powerful than even the famous Tetriemmy Windfoot was capable of and that was something. She wondered if he was as zealous as Tetriemmy when it came to unnatural things such as Necromaners. She glanced at Thislepuff on the cloud; A novice like her but with so much confidence and yet so naive. Then there was Kaki... she wasn't sure about him he appeared to be an experienced warrior. Her eyes went to the sky. Ten years was a long time, but she still missed them. When she had traveled with her parents she had not done everything right, but they were there to correct her. Now Sensei Silzin never seemed to pay much attention to her. He'd show up once in awhile to teach her but then she would be left alone. She stepped into Buthcherblock and waited for the others by the griffon tower.
  6. Anamathae Member

Thistlepuff floated in and out of semi consciousness. She felt weightless, although the reasoning for that escaped her for the moment. The fever raged within her, although her forehead for some reason felt cold. To harness such magics within someone so young indeed took a toll on the body. She muttered something just under her breath, but the meaning of it was lost even to her. Dark dreams permeated her mind, dreams of fire and chaos and pain. Her mind and body tried to escape the horror but the dreams were becoming too strong. She began to toss and turn with increasing throes. Within her mind, she began to scream with raw emotion while in the physical world the surrounding environment began to smolder and smoke and the air itself became suppressive with the increasing heat of flame and fire....
  7. Anamathae Member

((Adding to my previous post to give the heroes a little something extra to deal with ;)))

The air around the griffon tower and the surrounding encampment became stifling and it was getting harder to breathe. The people that lived in the encampment tried at first dumping water on the flames that emerged from the smoking bushes and buildings but to no avail. The flames were strange, at first seeming normal then with a roar the color of them turned from orange and red to a brilliant blue. The mood of the crowd turned from desperation to fear and then blind panic, as the flames fed on the dry wood of the buildings and the surrounding foliage and began to spread seeking more to feed their hunger. The cloud that Thistlepuff rested on was enveloped in a blue nimbus of crackling blue energy that pulsed, with tendrils of pure force that reached out to the flames and fed them even more. Waves of energy began at first to gently emanate from the nimbus that surrounded the cloud like small ripples on a lake impacting the shore, but they soon increased both in their circumference and their force. Jaeir was the first to notice this as he was closest to the cloud as the first pulse hit him from behind and flung him with great speed into the back of Kaki knocking them both to the ground. Meanwhile the flames had reached the base of the griffon tower and although the base of the tower was made of stone it too began to burn....
  8. Bint and Teekie Member

Kaki quickly rose uttering a Ratongan curse while Skvee jumped out of his pouch and tried to hide inside a hollow log. He quickly realized it was a bad decision when the flames began covering it as well, so he ran out in panic before it got engulfed, now doing his best to avoid the fire as it crept closer. Kaki immediately twisted his body around, preparing his sword and shield for whatever had assaulted them this time.

What he saw however wasn't any Orc, Shaman or hostile faction, but their unconcious friend Thistlepuff who was seemingly radiating magical energy in different colours as well as the odd flames that was beginning to cover the griffon tower. This is bad, real bad. The Fae had already exhausted herself from the battle earlier, and emitting magic like this will only make things worse. Not to mention for everyone around her.

"Thistlepuff's magic is surging out of control!" Kaki yelled to his companions, the pulses gradually getting closer as he could feel the air forcefully being pushed towards him, more grass flattening down on the ground with each wave. "She's shooting pulse waves from her body, and these flames can't be natural! If this surge goes on for too long, things won't end well for us!"
  9. Trivursar Active Member

Dumbfounded at what Jaeir was watching, he couldn't help but have flashbacks. This was all too familiar, and all too dangerous for Kaki and Kyriu. Not often are there Wizards who have tremendous power, but this is incredibly rare. Jaeir had only ever seen this once, and the outcome of it was irrevocable. The last time he tried to stop it, it almost killed him. What is a monk and a guardian to do this time to change the outcome? He has to get them out of here.

Jaeir spun around, and without saying anything, he began to whistle. Like before it pierced the air, and for a moment, the flames seemed to slow down before gaining their destructive momentum back. The whistle echoed, and was much longer this time. Shortly after, a very large cloud descended. Purely white, it seemed to be very quick and dense. "Kaki, Kyriu, get on. I cannot have you both here as bystanders. This will not end well, and I don't want to see you two hurt, or worse..." He knew he would have some fight from them, which is what he planned for. He snapped his fingers, and the cloud began to envelop them. The density of it made it stronger, almost like packed snow. Soon, they were encased in this cloud, but it began to harden. The noise outside began to muffle, and Jaeir could see them trying to fight their way out. Shortly, the cloud became ice. He placed his hand onto it, and it began to glow. "This will keep you safe from out here, and I will let you out when this is over. If I don't...well...it will turn to snow in an hour. You know what happened then."

Jaeir ran towards the nimbus holding Thistlepuff, and checked around the site, to make sure no one else was trapped. The gryphon tower was empty and almost smoldering. The tendrils began to swing at Jaeir, one of the catching him square in the chest, and flinging him backwards against the canyon wall. The impact caused the rock to crack. Jaeir got up, groaning at the pain shooting up his spine from the force. He opened his eyes, and they were glowing. "I cannot let this happen again. I WILL not." Jaeir looked up to the sky, which was much clearer as they were in the mountains, high above the forest they had come from. He extended his arms, planted his feet, and raised his hands, palms facing the air. He closed his eyes, and his whole body began to radiate heat, almost as hot as the mystical flames ravaging the surrounding lands. Immediately as he opened his eyes, Lightning jolted out from his palms, striking the wispy clouds above. The energy released from his hands, causing the flames to be flung backwards towards Thistlepuff. The sky darkened, as the clouds began to expand. Soon, the sun was blotted out, and the clouds were a deep black, glowing from the thunder dancing within. Jaeir snapped his fingers, and the cloud that was still holding Thistlepuff vanished, dropping her onto the ground, with a large pulse of flames following. "I have failed once, allowing a city to be devastated, wiping it from the face of Norrath. Never again will that happen!" His eyes narrowed, and the ground itself shook, causing even the companions encased in a hollow prism to lose their footing. Then, the rain followed, the winds picked up, and all that could be heard was the hissing of the flames as the radiant blue raindrops thundered against the ground.
  10. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu's eyes flashed yellow as she focused inward. She could see Thistlepuff outside. She focused and and using Mantis Leap teleported out of the ice Prism. "Never try that again!" she snapped at the Fury. "I am not a child who needs your protection." She glanced at Thistlepuff. Somehow she knew what was going on. "I have an idea," she ran to plateau in the distance where she could be by the others. She took several deep breaths as she focused on the beating of her heart and closed her eyes in meditation. She focused on Thistlepuff attempting to reach her mind. Mentally she spoke "Thistlepuff, can you hear me?" if it worked the voice would be in the Wizard's mind
  11. Anamathae Member

Thislepuff floated in her lucid state. The dreams of fire and flame faded into the ether of her subconscious. There was nothing in the void, no light, no sound. It was utter silence. Once before when she was very young had this happened, but the skein of that memory was faded, torn and fragmented. So faded now that she only remembered images. Images however, can impact a child's psyche more than words ever can. It was those images of pain, fire and flame that permeated her subconscious like that of a slow acting poison, and hence now she withdrew from that and ended up here wherever her was. Then, from a distance the young fae thought she heard something? A whisper that floated just out of the reach of her hearing. Then it grew closer and she strained to hear it. A voice, calm, gentle like that of a mother soothing her child it grew stronger. "Thistlepuff, can you hear me?" "Master?" Thistlepuff cried out in fear. "Is it you?" The voice came closer, it was Kyriu's voice. "Kyriu!" she called out, "Help me, I don't know where I am. I'm lost and I'm scared!" "I cant see you, why cant I see you?"
  12. Bint and Teekie Member

Kaki stood still and pondered within the icy sanctuary, or prison depending on how you'd view it. Jaeir seemed to have some understanding of what's happening with Thistlepuff, severe enough to forcefully encapsulate his companions to prevent us from making things worse. Kyriu apparently didn't think the same way as she instantly teleported outside to try and somehow handle things on her own. It's good to have faith in your abilities, however one should be careful not to overestimate your usefullness. There's a fine line between pushing yourself beyond your current strength, and risk being pushed back yourself. Though there's always more than 100 different solutions to a problem where some might actually work. Which brings the question; in what way can Kaki help?

The Guardian has some abilities he could use, but would they be useful? Or would they even risk making things worse? Will him sitting in here doing nothing at all be of any better use than being outside doing something? Anything at all even?

"... Skvee's still outside." Kaki quietly remimded himself ... he stood motionless for a moment before he straightened up within his armour. Who is he of a Guardian if he can't even protect his best friend? He might not know of any solutions to the problem at hand, but he does knows several in case things turn from bad to worse.

Kaki scanned the icy wall around himself. It was certainly a sturdy magical construct, but the humanoid hole next to him which previously occupied Kyriu hadn't been filled yet. That'd be his ticket out of here. Kaki ironed his will and began breathing in rythm as he flexed his muscles. The ice didn't even budge, but he continued concentrating, his breathing gradually increasing, his muscles building strength. The Ratonga closed his eyes for a moment and felt his entire body getting tenser than a bowstring. Then in one final push he released all his stored might and forcefully broke the icy bindings around his body towards the hole. A big crack went across the ice structure as well, yet it still held strong. Kaki quickly stretched his body now that he had a little wriggle room, then he grabbed his sword in both hands and held it up pointing down. He focused again as he drove the sword straight into the cracked ice below him. The ice beneath his feet shattered, opening a big enough hole which he fell through onto the earth.

Kaki rose and groaned slihghtly from his recent display of power as surveyed his surroundings. He couldn't see either Kyriu, Jaeir, Skvee or Thistlepuff, though he could still feel where the shock waves were coming from which revealed where the poor Fae was. Going over there withouth a plan wouldn't do anyone anything good right now, sadly. Instead he went away from her and looked around on the ground.

"Skvee! Where are you? Come to me now!" Kaki called to his companion, hoping he hadn't gone too far. Thankfully he didn't have to wait for long as the rat flew across the grass like an arrow to Kaki and immediately hid himself within the pouch on his side. Relief followed Kaki now that his companion was safe ... safer than before at least. Though now comes what he should do next. He turned around towards the mess and began pondering his next move.
  13. Trivursar Active Member

The storm rumbled as Jaeir spoke. His very being channeled the full fury of what was taking place. "In an effort to protect you, I encased you in ice. Colder than the depths of Everfrost, it would have been able to prevent you yourself from melting!" The sky roarded, not drowning out Jaeir's, but amplifying it. "Since you feel the need to confront danger, child," the sky cracked with anger as Jaeir spoke now, lightning flashing and illuminating the otherwise burning land that was the upper mountains, "then be warned. The tendrils surrounding Thistle will rend the very flesh from your body. Avoid contact at all costs. Get in my way from saving this land, and I'll bury you underneath it!" Jaeir let out a roar, and the ground shook, the air stiffened, and the raid poured down, causing downward hills to turn into rivers. The fires seemed to be dying out, smothered by the glistening water flowing from the sky. The main concern now was the immediate area surrounding Thistlepuff. The tendrils could ignite anything again, even if it was wet. Jaeir's eyes widened with an idea. Could he pull it off? Would he survive? He had no choice, if he didn't, this place would become much like Lavastorm...

"Kaki, Kyriu! Hold onto something!" Jaeir planted his feet, the earth shaking at the power and the winds pulsing outward at the force. He straightened his body and began to flap his wings, hard. The air began to die down momentarily before shifting the opposite direction. The force of the wind was tremendous, and anything not buried deep into the ground or secured tightly was coming lose and blown away. "Try this one out!" Jaeir bellowed, knowing the arcane energy flowing from Thistlepuff could, in a way, hear him. He flashed a deadly grin and lightning struck nearby, following it. Jaeir blew into the air, and ice began to form in front of him. He grabbed the gleaming shard, and slammed it into the ground, causing it to split and shudder violently, sending shockwaves outward and up the nearby mountains. The ground around it began to freeze, and spread outward rapidly, and the air followed. The rain became snow, and the rivers flooding downhill froze in what seemed like a few seconds. The winds still ripped through the land, which was now devastatingly cold, the snow still flowed down from the sky, which still flashed constantly, and the earth became frigid and difficult to be in contact with for too long before it began to hurt., freezing armor and skin alike onto the ground. Jaeir raised his arms and the frozen rivers from the hills began to rise upward. Shortly, the afflicted area was encased in a giant sphere of snow, ice, and storms, illuminated by the lightning, and the shimmering Thistlepuff. He turned towards Kyriu, knowing she could still hear him, that she was aware of her surroundings, even in her meditative state. "I hope you can get her out of this soon, or you both will be permanent fixtures here." He walked over to Kaki, glancing up at the growing storm on the way. "Sorry for trapping you in there. It was the only way to ensure that you wouldn't be a pile of ash on the ground. This way was a last resort...and...well, here we are. Pray that your friend reaches Thistlepuff in time..." He sat down on the hill and watched the spectacle. "Hurry up..." he muttered to himself...
  14. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu continued to focus on the Wizard. She had known using this technique was risky as it left her vulnerable. It was not simply a meditative state. She was literally casting her mind into that of the Fae Wizard. It was a very ancient technique created by Monks for communication but it there was a cost: When you project your mind somewhere else you are oblivious to the world around your body hence why she had gotten as far away as possible but if it spread to where her body was then.... she couldn't think about that now. Kaki and Jaeir were out there. Surely one of them would realize this was no mere meditation and protect her if need be. It was a dangerous technique but Kyriu was certain it would help. “I am attempting to enter your mind,” Kyriu answered. She could see flames and flashes of painful images. Most of the painful images were ones which caused her pain: seeing her parents' corpses, losing her best friend to Kobolds, finding out her best friend was a vampire “Focus on me Thistlepuff, if you allow me to fully enter your mind you'll be able to see me and I can help you.”

Outside the mental scape Kyriu's body made no movement, no indication of hearing anything. She was far enough away the magic hadn't reached her yet.
  15. Anamathae Member

In the ether of the void, Thistlepuff tried focusing on Kyriu's voice but no matter on how hard she tried concentrating a lassitude kept falling over her consciousness and it kept being swept away like a leaf blowing in the wind. Then suddenly the link was established and Kyriu's mind and her were entwined and meshed. Suddenly from out of nowhere a blow sharp and painful was there and with a roar came a new voice. Dusty, ancient and old, it crackled with malevolence. "Leave she-elf" it said to the consciousness of Kyriu's mind. "The fae is mine, mine to enter this world as I did two thousand years before to once again rule." In the physical world, Thistlepuffs body still enveloped in the nimbus of energy rose off the ground and hovered in mid air. The young fae's eyes opened but instead of the normal cheery yellow, the colour was the same of the nimbus that surrounded her with tendrils extended out from either side of the fae's eyes. "Much has changed" the voice spoke from the fae's lips. Thistlepuff's head turned from side to side taking in the the oncoming storm that was approaching. "Impressive" it spoke to Jaeir "Most Impressive." "You have come a long way since we last met, but still have much to learn about a great many things." it stated in a voice dripping with malice. "Or perhaps or last encounter wasn't enough to teach you?" it mocked the fury. "Soon, soon I will have enough strength to break free from this prison, and then.." "Then I will finish what I have started." it laughed sinisterly. The nimbus then flared with a brilliant hue, causing the tendrils of arcane energy to withdraw back into the flare. The fae's body once more lowered itself to the ground. The link once again established itself and Kyriu's mind and Thistlepuffs were once again joined as one and Thistlepuff in her minds eye now saw her friend.
  16. Bint and Teekie Member

Kaki whistled in awe. He could only stare at the violent display of Jaeir's magic versus ... whatever being that claimed to be imprisoned within Thistlepuff. Jaeir must've met it before somewhere in Norrath, though it seems like he didn't know it to be within Thistlepuff right now. Else he surely would've made precautions before it reached this state.

Kaki's thoughts were suddenly interrupted when he spotted one of the tendrils flying towards him. He took a stance and began flexing his muscles again as it came closer. Wait ... wait, now! Kaki immediately leaped up into the air just as the tendril hit the ground and made a heavy swing with his sword, sending an air wave towards the weakened ice structure. The ice survived the attack, but the impact sent it flying down, crashing into the tendril below and pinning it onto the ground. As Kaki surveyed the results from the air, he heard Jaeir yell out to hold onto something. Kaki quietly growled a Ratongan curse.

The air immediately caught onto Kaki, sending him and every rock, branch and loose tree around him up into the air. It was like riding an extremely playful griffin while several Giants were throwing handfulls of whatever they could find on the ground at you. Kaki were almost spinning completely out of control while he desperately blocked and parried whatever came flying at him. It went on for a little while until a large tree trunk then came flying at him. Kaki took the opportunity at hand and stabbed it with his sword, embedding it into the tree and anchoring himself on it. Finally not spinning just as violenty anymore, he surveyed the ground whenever it was in focus in between the spins, trying to find somewhere to land. He noticed he had actually flown quite far and could already see the plateau ... and isn't that Kyriu over there? It sure was, though she didn't seem to react at to whatever came flying at her. She's probably doing whatever she thinks she can do, though it does seem to leave her in a quite vulnerable condition. ... better get over there and help her.

Kaki rocked his body back and forth until the trunk he rode aligned itself towards the area around Kyriu. The turbulent air around here was a bit weaker and couldn't keep the large trunk airborn any longer as it descended. He couldn't get too close to her as this was hardly something that was meant to be in the air, even less meant to actually be steered while airborn. When the ground began approaching the odd carriage, Kaki focused his might into his legs as he slowly pulled out his sword from the trunk. Just shortly before the tree hit the ground, the Ratonga lept from the tree, pushing himself upward and the tree downwards with enough force to drastically decrease his velocity, though he couldn't decrease all of it so he still slammed hard into the ground shortly after the trunk. He absorbed as much of the impact as possible and dissipated it, doing his best at keeping Skvee safe from the fall as he was still within the pouch on his side.

Kaki groaned for a moment, but quickly rose and ran over to Kyriu where she was sitting. Thankfully whichever "Giants" were tossing stuff over here weren't as aggressive as when he was in the air, so he could recover his breath as he batted away whatever came at him and Kyriu. Eventually the storm died down. Jaeir then finally approached and spoke to them. Kaki nodded at him.

"You did what you believes be the best for us, but we also did what we believes are the best for us." Kaki responded to Jaeir as he glanced towards the immobile and unresponsive Kyriu. Several small cuts and bruises covered her body, though at least there weren't anything more serious. "Which ones of us are more right than the other, I can't tells. Only the end results can." He looked back at the icy sphere where Thistlepuff now was residing within. "Let's hope this ends well."
  17. Trivursar Active Member

Jaeir sat up so abruptly that he almost gained whiplash at the sound of the voice. He heard it before. Long ago...He held his breath and listened intently at what the voice was saying. As Thistlepuff landed and the voice was done mocking the Fae, he stood up. "There will be no breaking free of anything. You were finished once before, and had you not stowed away into Thistlepuff as soon as you did, you'd have died out like I intended. This time, there will be no mistake. This time, you die." He stood up and faced Kyriu and Kaki. "I have dealt with this before, as you may have guessed. It wont end very well, and truthfully, there is a possibility that we don't make it, but I cannot let this...thing....get out, or we will lose much more than our lives... If you trust me, even a little bit, you'll help...and I pray to the Gods that you do..."

He turned back towards The sphere encasing Thistle and held up his hand in a fist. It began to glow as sparks flew outwards from the center of his hand, and energy began to flow out into the ground between his fingertips. The storm above began to accelerate in its momentum and fury, and the sphere around Thistlepuff glowed with the same power that his hand did. He began to open it slowly, and the sphere grew with it. Then, when Jaeir could take no more, his hand flew open and the sphere expanded to a massive size, encasing the better upper half of Butcherblock inside, including all of the companions. Arctic winds raged over the now frozen mountains and hills, and ice rapidly built up on anything that was wet from the previous rainstorm. It was dark, almost as if it was midnight, and the only source of light was from the storm clouds swirling above, filled with lightning. Jaeir could hear a deep rumble coming from the entity, knowing the game has changed drastically from their last encounter.

Jaeir spoke up, louder than he has before, casting his voice into the sky, causing it to resonate within the giant dome. "The last we met, I was an inexperienced student of nature. A new and upcoming fury. Much has changed since then, and I have come to know more than most, experienced things that no one has before, and done things that have changed the outcome of this world forever. I have been imbued by Karana and Tunare, blessed by their very hands, and gifted with powers craved and sought by many, friend and foe alike." His eyes began to narrow as he spoke, and the storm picked up speed even more, the winds becoming unbearable, the snow stinging any exposed skin, and the ground splitting and cracking and the power coursing through the Fury and emanating from the storm. "This day, you will no more threaten this world. You know the outcome of this, as well as I, and if it must come to that then so be it." He raised his hand to the sky and lightning shot from his hands, illuminating the entire globe. The clouds welcomed the power, and rumbled with ferocity and energy. As if it wasn't possible before, the winds howled even louder, and began to cause rocks to chip away, and snow flurries to form along the outskirts. The ground trembled and split, and if anything was left standing upright, it fell. He looked towards Thistlepuff, waiting for the entities next move...
  18. Brienae Active Member

In the mindscape Kyriu laughed "You'll find I'm not so easy to get rid of. Besides clearly you are not talking to me! I'm not Elf nor am I human. I am the perfect balance of both!" She turned to Thistlepuff. "Jaeir is trying to control this from the outside. But you need to be strong and help him. This is your mind Thistlepuff and you must fight. I can aid you but I can not fight it for you,""
  19. Anamathae Member

The mindscape was a myriad of images, emotions and thoughts. Flashes of Kyriu's thoughts and memories were entwined with her own. It was hard to focus. Darker thoughts were also there, primeval, old and ancient reeking with malevolence. Thistlepuff focused on Kyriu's words and with a strength that she did not believe that she possessed, she began fighting back. Then suddenly and without warning, the walls of the void began to crack, then fragment and then the void shattered! Thistlepuff opened her eyes to the chaos of the storm that was ensuing caused by Jaeir's magic. She struggled to sit up. Her three companions were there. Kyriu, Kaki, and Jaeir they were all there! Extending one hand out to Jaeir, Thistlepuff screamed to make her voice reach the Fae above the howling winds. "JAEIR! STOP! STOP THE STORM!" she cried out. Whether her voice could reach the fury was another matter entirely.
  20. Bint and Teekie Member

The sudden arctic cold came as a complete surprise. Kaki didn't expect anything like that to encase the entire area, the less at the speed it appeared. A shiver went through his body as the wind blew through the armour, but thankfully his fur helped keep the worst cold away from his body. Which can't be said about Kyriu however. Silly furless races, Kaki can only guess how they survive chilly climates like this without any fur on their bodies.

The increasingly violent wind made it hard for him to keep himself upright, even harder for the motionless Kyriu as he quickly grabbed hold of her body from behind with his shield arm. He jammed his sword into the rocky ground just in front of her, using it as an anchor to keep himself and Kyriu from flying away. His shield was still on his left arm so he could still protect her from most harm, though it was a little awkward as the wind time and time again tried to pull them up into the air. Small debris repeatedly smattered across Kaki's armour and shield, giving him no rest than to just hold on. He could only have faith in whatever Kyriu and Jaeir were doing would help to end this situation.