(Roleplay) Proving Worth

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Brienae, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Anamathae Member

Thistlepuff blushed. "Its true that I have never left Kelethin." she stammered. "My master wouldn't allow it, 'Too dangerous out there for a young fae' he kept saying to me" she said her lower lip quivering, and now the tears were flowing freely down her face. "And now he's gone, and my parents are gone and I'm all alone in this world!!!" she said in a voice near despair. "And.. and now.." "I'm sorry Kaki!!!!" she wailed now. She left the warmth and safety of Kyriu's hair and flew to the top of the tallest stone of the druid ring where she curled up into a small ball with her wings wrapped around her and continued to cry.
  2. Anamathae Member

(Posted for Bint as the EU chat servers down for maintenance atm)

Kaki grinned as he stopped in front of Kyriu, clasping his gauntlet clad hands together.

"Great, great! I'm sure we finds lots of fun together." he said cheerfully to Kyriu before he looked around her to find the now saddened Fae. He felt a bit bad for making Thistlepuff cry, even though he wasn't at fault per say. Kaki walked over to the stone she were perched on top.

"Now now, missie Thistlepuff," he began, trying to sound as calm and comforting as possible. "We all makes mistakes in our lives and that's perfectly normals. It's important to never forgets your past, but it's even more important to plan for your futures. You shouldn't let your past traps you from looking forward. Instead you should hold your heads high and tell your pasts how you'll use their help to becomes even greater. Proves them not by sorrow or regret missie Thistlepuff, but by mirth and accomplishments! If you smiles at them, they'll smiles back." Kaki finished by giving Thistlepuff a big smile.

"An artist who can't take constructive critique on their work is only hurting themselves and their potential.
    Conversely, and artist that can't communicate a critique in a constructive way isn't helping anybody."
  3. Brienae Active Member

“Kaki is right,” Kyriu said as she approached the stone “We all make mistakes. If you wallow in them you will never be able to go anywhere. As I told you my father was human and humans have a saying 'to err is human...' Dad told me it means expect to be wrong but learn from it. No reason it wouldn't apply to all people.” she straightened her pony tail while she talked. “Also learn to accept criticsm. If you run every time someone tells you you're wrong you will be running forever and getting nowhere.” she smiled “Now come on down and we can get going.” she swallowed “I would suggest you glide on your own. I use my body as a weapon so using me as a mount may not be the best idea.”
  4. Anamathae Member

Thistlepuff calmed down and waving her wand, a small handkerchief appeared in her other hand with a slight pop and a puff of smoke. She wiped the tears from her face and blew her nose and with another pop and a puff of smoke the handkerchief disappeared as quickly as it had been summoned. "I'm sorry" she apologized to Kaki and Kyriu. "I don't know what came over me." "Please, forgive me the both of you." she said. Then standing up, she smoothed the front of her robe and said "Perhaps your right, Kyriu. It would not be practical for me to use you as a means of transport." She smiled and said "I have a better way!" And with a wave of her wand, a nimbus of bright light surrounded her and she shrunk nearly half the size she was! With an experimental flap of her wings, she buzzed around Kaki and Kyriu with a mischievous giggle. "Well what are we waiting for?"
  5. Brienae Active Member

((Posting for Bint since the Forums are being borky for them))
    Kaki giggled as well, happy to see the now even smaller Fae cheering up again. She's so tiny! Even smaller than Skvee. And almost as the rat could feel someone thought of him, he jumped out of his pouch in front of Kaki and sniffed the air. He followed the little Fae with his eyes.

"You be nice to missie Thistlepuff now, Skvee." Kaki sternly told the rat as he bended down to keep Skvee in check in case he did something. Skvee would never do anything bad to anyone, although everyone else doesn't know that. This was just to show everyone that Skvee will be behaving. The rat looked up at Kaki and squeaked in respone before he began walking around, sniffing and rummaging along the ground.

"Goodie!" Kaki said cheerfully as he rose. He shifted his attention to his companions. "I think missie Kyriu had some ideas where to go. What grand adventures were you thinking of doing?"
  6. Trivursar Active Member

(I figure I'll give this a shot...I present to you Jaeir, a young and powerful Fae Fury. Mysterious, soft spoken, reserved and kind, he carries an unknown agenda)

While the companions ponder on the ideas of adventures to be had, their brainstorming is abruptly broken by a loud rolling of thunder, preceeded by a bright flash. As the Druid Rings light up with a warm glow, black clouds can be seen hovering over the area, and a small form can be seen manifesting off to the right of the Blessed bush. As the glow fades, and the clouds dissipate, another Fae is spotted above a charred patch of what was once lush green grass. His wings are of a frosty white color, outlined in a deep black. His eyes are also black, but almost seem to have a slight glow to them. "Oh..." he said, quietly, but seemingly loud, as if he was inches from your ear, "I didn't know anyone else was here...sorry for the entrance...and the grass.." He waved his hand, and as it passed over the patch of burnt ground, new and vibrant grass and flora bloomed, even healthier than the surrounding greenery. "There we go, all better. You guys alright?" he said with an air of concern, but relief, as they seemed to not have been struck by any of the clouds.
  7. Brienae Active Member

((Welcome Trivusar))
    Kyriu nodded "We're fine. We were just fixing to leave" she paused as she watched the new fae renew the grass they had burned, "however someone with the power of Nature would be more than welcome to join us. I was thinking of starting in Butcherblock and maybe taking a ship from there"
  8. Trivursar Active Member

(Thank you!)

"Ah, I'm glad to hear it. I actually have business with someone there, and I was headed that way myself. I enjoy walking through the Faydark sometimes, its relaxing, and invigorating to see a place unravaged by the destruction elsewhere in the world..." Jaeir takes a moment to look over the surrounding company, in an effort to familiarize himself with them. "A guardian, a wizard, a monk, and...a familiar of sorts?" Jaeir inquires as he catches the satchel on Kaki's hip stir slightly. "I do suppose I can accompany you all, if that is okay with whomever is in your bag there, as it seems I may have frightened him more than the rest of you." Jaeir blinks, and a faint spark of white dances in his eyes, like a firefly in the midnight field. "Oh!" he exclaimed, forgetting about his belongings, which seemed to have landed behind one of the pillars that form the druid rings. With an effortless flick of his wings, he glides over the top of the stone, and disappears for a brief moment, before reappearing with a black cloth backpack, and what appears to be an elaborate sword, cloaked in black silk with a white trim. It seems to glow through the fabric, despite the efforts to hide it. "I almost forgot my things!" He pulls out a silvery cloak, which has the appearance of a sheet of semi-clear ice. It glimmers in the light, with a very faint blue aura. Upon attaching the cloak to his shoulders, he slings the bag over one arm, and brings the sword to his left hip. With a faint whisper, the white trim of the drapery on the sword unwinds and threads itself into his belt. "Now then, where were we?" he says with a slight grin.
  9. Anamathae Member

Thistlepuff viewed the newcomer with suspicion and narrowed her eyes. Furies, she sighed to herself. A hybrid class of healing magic and melee. Not true magic like a proper class, that of a wizard but handy in a pinch regardless. She shrugged her shoulders. Flashing a bright smile, she said "We would be happy to have you come along with us."
  10. Bint and Teekie Member

((Welcome to the story Trivursar!))

"Skvee isn't any familiar, he bes my companion." Kaki said as he patted the bag twice. The big rat poked his head out and squeaked once before he jumped down behind Kaki, inspecting the newcomer carefully. "Skvee bes smart enough to hide if anything bad happens, and smart enough to hide elsewhere if I needs to fight. He just acted accordingly, so no worries."

Kaki pondered at the newcomer for a moment. Yeah, more people would be even better. The more, the merrier as they say.

"It would be funs to have you along as well, but what bes your name mister Fae?" Kaki questioned the new Fae. He quickly reminded himself of his manners. "I'm Kaki by the way, and these two are Kyriu and Thistlepuff."
  11. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu smiled "Alright then let's get going." she turned and dashed towards the entrance to Butcherblock. She stopped occasionally to make sure her smaller companions were keeping up with her. Her red hair appeared as flame in the sunlight. How lucky was it that they had stumbled on someone with business in Butcherblock? Perhaps this would give them direction. She paused as she thought she heard something. She twirled her staff from her back hoping it would signal the others to trouble as a group of six orcs stepped from behind a tree.
  12. Anamathae Member

Thistlepuff cried out "Orcs!" to the others coming up behind Kyriu. She resumed her normal size and came closer to Kyriu's side but giving the Half-Elf room to maneuver. Six on four, she thought. Tough odds but perhaps with a little luck and of course magic they would persevere. She pointed her wand at the far orc on the right hand side of the group and uttering the words and summoning her will she entangled the foul beast with ethereal chains of energy preventing it from moving. The strain was enormous on her frail form but she drew in her breath and with another wave she cast a fireball at the encumbered creature. With a enormous detonation the fire ball impacted on the beast's chest and engulfed the orc in a pillar of flame. The beast howled and writhed in agony before falling in on itself like a house on fire and with a guttering cry died in a smoky oily pile. Thistlepuff turned towards Kyriu and with a weak smile said "Told you I was a grand wizard.." before her eyes rolled back into her head and with a sigh she collapsed in exhaustion.
  13. Bint and Teekie Member

The other five Orcs, obviously not amused by the fact one of them got incinerated on the spot, all screamed in rage as they charged towards the unconcious Fae. Not wasting any time, Kaki unsheathed his sword and shield as he jumped forward and slammed hard against the ground in front of the Orcs. The Orcs temporarily lost their footing as the ground shook, but quickly regained it as they redirected their attention to the plate mail armoured Ratonga in front of them.

"Skvee! Take Thistlepuff somewhere safer!" Kaki bellowed as three of the Orcs began encircling him while the other two were about to run past. "Kyriu! Jaeir! Take care of the other two while I keep these guys busy!" he just about finished before you heard a loud clang as Kaki blocked a strike from one of the Orcs and narrowly parried the swing from another.

Skvee quickly jumped over to the unconcious Fae and slowly dragged her towards the other two companions, making sure she's not in any immediate harm.
  14. Trivursar Active Member

Jaeir thought for a moment, wondering what approach he should take. A fury of his stature could handle a few orcs, and he could easily demolish them with a single blow. That was not the issue. The proximity of them towards his newfound companions was. A powerful spell like that could obliterate them just as easily as the orcs that have engaged them in battle. How was he to handle this? Then, as quickly as Kaki was blocking the furious blows from the orcs, it hit him...

"Seems like you three have your hands full, and I think this is a perfect time to move about my business!" And with a few quick flicks of his wings, a wink towards the companions who were almost as furious as the orcs as they were with him now, and a snap of his fingers, a rumbling thundercloud formed at Jaeir's feet, as it swept him away above the battle taking place. Little did they know of his plan.

As Jaeir had seemingly left, one of the orcs cackled something in a guttural orcish language, as the rest appeared to laugh as they all turned towards the Monk and Guardian, shielding their unconscious friend. "And now, you die!" Screamed one of the orcs in a fit of frenzy. He sprung off of the ground, swinging his blade furiously as he dashed towards the monk...but as he did he fell..

Confused, and angry at what happened, he looked down to find glowing roots entangling his feet and legs. "WHAT?!" he screamed. He glanced back and saw that the other orcs were entangled as well.

Enraged at their entrapment, they began to slash at their roots in an attempt to break free. In doing so, they did not notice the return of the Cloud-riding Fae. "Now then," Jaeir said, minding the orcs increasing progress at breaking free, "I will watch over Thistlepuff...you two can take care of those orcs. Be quick, the tree whose roots are holding the orcs back will not risk more damage to itself that it already has by helping us...Oh, and one more thing..." Jaeir closes his hands together, takes a deep breath and breathes into a small hole formed between his thumbs. As they begin to glow, he raises them towards the two companions, as tiny fire sprites dance towards and around their weapons, temporarily imbuing them with mystical Fae Fires. "That should make it easier, and more fun!" He says with a wink, followed by sparks dancing in his eyes. "Now go!"
  15. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu nodded to Jaeir she twirled staff knocking the two orcs in the roots to the ground. When one attempted to stand she kicked him. She glanced over at Kaki. It appeared he had those three under control. So if she could take out these two. She allowed the orcs to stand back up. She held her staff more defensively as they lunged towards her with swords drawn. She managed to deflect their attacks with her staff. She twirled her body bringing her staff down in an arc.
    One orc fell to the ground and made no movement. The other glared the monk and laughed. "A true warrior fights over there," he said in orcish "you come at us with a stick."
    Kyriu's eyes burned with rage "It's a staff," she responded in orcish as she aimed a high kick at his head.
    The second orc fell.
    Once her targets were down she dashed over to stand beside Kaki. There was no time for gloating, not while there were still enemies standing.
  16. Bint and Teekie Member

Had it been one on one it would've been easy. Had it been two on one, it wouldn't be too hard. However three on one where all three of them are furious with rage pose quite a challenge as they all unrelentingly attacked Kaki at the same time. Strikes from the left, right and front all flew at the Guardian who did his utmost at blocking and parrying them as he tried to find any opening in between the frenzied flurry, sparks flying from his sword as the sprites jumped about.

Kaki could never afford to be reckless given the nature of his enemies. They'll attack any opening they can find and at this pace they just might. However the same goes for Kaki. The right Orc struck slightly shallow blow against Kaki's head who jumped to the side, narrowly dodging the sword before the Ratonga sliced at the Orc's upper left arm. Some of the fire sprites immediately left his sword and ignited the wound, burning it like a torch. The Orc himself didn't even flinch to either the cut or the flame as he took the opportunity to strike back, screaming even louder when his sword hit Kaki square on the shield. Kaki jumped back at the same time, absorbing some of the blow, yet still knocking him back several feet. Kaki managed to land on his feet just as Kyriu joined him by his side.

"They're already berserking! Pain won't do anything to them!" Kaki shouted to Kyriu, barely finishing his sentence before he blocked another strike from the closest Orc.
  17. Trivursar Active Member

Watching the companions struggle, Jaeir quickly made attempts to bring Thistlepuff back to a lucid state of mind. In doing so, he was unaware that one of the orcs that Kyriu had dealt with had regained consciousness and started to sneak up behind Jaeir. Quickly, the orc grabbed him from behind, surprising Jaeir, and causing his wings to be folded against his back, thus limiting his ability to escape the grasp. Struggling to break free, he shortly became aware that it was hopeless, as the orcs arms were quite strong, and held him in a crushing grip. "Hahaha, tiny bug! Your wings will make great meal! Crispy over fire." The orc raised his sword to the sky to bring a massive blow down onto the Fae, who was utterly calm, his eyes closed. "Goodbye, tiny bug, you go b-..." Mid sentence, the Fae opened his eyes, now alit with sparks, and a massive bolt of lightning struck the orcs sword, which now began to glow red hot at the massive amounts of energy now flowing through it into the orcs body, and sent coursing lightning into the ground, causing a massive ring of fire to be created, setting everything in the near vicinity ablaze. After the flashing light was gone, and the thundering rumble that echoed throughout the Faydark had faded out, there was nothing but a molten puddle of iron slowly seeping into the charred remains of the orc. The ground surrounding the incident was now nothing but dirt and ash, still hot from the recent fire.

Looking back towards Thistlepuff, he checked to make sure she was not harmed, and she was not. Skvee had perched himself atop of the unconscious fae, watching the entire struggle. Jaeir turned his attention to the other three orcs, who seemed to be driving back the other companions. Now angry, as he had been interrupted in his care for Thistlepuff, Jaeir raised his arms outward, to his sides, breathed in heavily, and slammed his hands together while shouting something in an unknown language. The impact of his hands left a resonating echo, that similar to a thunderclap, and a blinding flash of light followed. When the orcs and his companions had regained their sight, a glowing blue ball of energy was seen between them and the orcs. The ball started to glow brighter and spin more rapidly, alerting his companions of what was about to ensue. Jaeir, quickly called them back to his side, and muttered something into the wind. A brilliant, mystical barrier rose in front and around them, translucent in color, with slight shimmers of multi colored shards floating throughout. The orcs, confused at what this tiny ball could so, started to laugh while peering at the orb. Jaeir grinned at their curiosity, and snapped his fingers. The orb flashed, and exploded. Black clouds and bright white lightning spewed everywhere, consuming everything that was not in the barrier that surrounded Jaeir and his companions. The light died down, and the clouds faded, revealing a few shattered rocks, charred earth, and the smoldering husks of the once ravenous orcs.
  18. Brienae Active Member

((Due to rl Amanathae will be unable to post for awhile))

Kyriu nodded her understanding to Kaki. She glimpsed the orc grabbing the Fae Fury and threw a shuriken. She issued a silent threat to the orc before watching it disintegrate. She blinked and issued a challenge to the orcs around her trying to split their attention from the Ratonga. She thought she recognized the ball lightning from her time with a dear friend of her's. Kyriu stepped back as lightning struck her intended target.. She looked around with her staff raised. She sighed and twirled her staff back onto her back. "Forgive me...." she whispered "I failed...I should have checked the enemy more thoroughly." she closed her eyes in shame.
  19. Anamathae Member

Thistlepuff weakly stirred. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked into the eyes of Kaki's companion Skvee. He was still perched above her body protecting it. "Off Svkee" she said. She rolled to one side and attempted to stand. The world around her spun and she immediately fell to one knee. She looked around at the carnage and the messy remains of the orcs with a blank stare. Her heart was pounding still but not from the adrenaline of the fight,but rather from the exhaustion of the magics that she had summoned. She tried calming herself but she was still too weak, and even that effort exhausted her. She tried standing again this time holding onto a small tree for support. "Did we get them?" she called out to her companions before darkness once again overcame her and she collapsed once more swept back into the sea of unconsciousness.
  20. Bint and Teekie Member

The moment the barrier appeared in between the glowing orb and Kaki and Kyriu, he sighed in relief. Finally. He had stalled the Orcs long enough for his companions to prepare whatever spells they'd throw at them. However not having fought with his new companions before, this posed a certain risk as he had no idea how proficient they were in combat. It seems his worries were unwarranted as the blue orb exploded and ended the battle in an instant. Well, except for the unconcious Fae that is, but there's always room for improvement.

The lightning died down and the charred smell of burnt flesh filled the air. Kaki frowned while he inspected the remains of the battle. Three crisply dead Orcs in front of them. Another fried Orc from where they first appeared. A fifth charred Orc besides Jaeir and, surprisingly, an unconcious Orc which wasn't a pile of smoldering remains. They'd better do something about that one before they leave. Kaki also saw Kyriu bending down and mumbling something. He couldn't hear what she said, but seeing as one of the dead Orcs were behind Jaeir, he could make a reasonable guess why.

"Think of what you did." Kaki began, speaking loudly to no one in particular. "Think of what happened. Then think of what you should do next times it might happen." He patted Kyriu on the back once before he went over to Thistlepuff to check on her.

"Good job protecting Thistlepuff, Skvee." Kaki praised his companion as he approached. Skvee jumped around squeaking happily while Kaki carefully checked on the Fae, careful as not to harm her wings. It seems no harm has come to her save for mental exhaustion. That's common among anyone using magic who's still trying to figure out how much energy one should use compared to how much energy your body can sustain. Kaki sighed again as it seems everyone was fine after their first battle.