Beta test...where?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Tallithia, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Tallithia New Member

I had a 'copy to beta' button on character screen but it's gone now. Where can I access this? It would be nice when you post something like this, the information on how to get it, or link, would be included.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

3. Tallithia New Member

and if beta isn't already loaded?
  4. Gulaep Well-Known Member

But where is it downloaded from? Or do we go and make a duplicate copy of our existing game folder and put it somewhere else?

I am assuming we either make a duplicate copy of our current game folder or we use the normal game download link and when we pick Beta from the Launchpad options it patches the beta files and then we are good to go, I just wanted confirmation. I ask for sake of others, not myself. I think this info should have been part of the RED's original post, every time.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you go to the launch pad and click on the button in the left upper corner of the launch pad it sais version that opens a drop down menu
    there you simply pick Beta and apply make shure it does not have full download checked you only need that if you get problems with zoning into beta wait till its preloaded and click play that should do it
    if you have not copied over a toon from the live server you can always make one on beta
    there are baubles that you can use to level them up to level 100
  6. miissty New Member

if we make a new toon on the beta do we still get the mount on one of our live toons?
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

8. Roshen Well-Known Member

Sure. You just need to finish the beta achievement to kill 250 things that give you credit, to be able to claim the beta reward on one of your live characters.
  9. miissty New Member

anyone know when the beta will be working this weekend? I still cant get on....been trying all Friday o_O
  10. Mystria New Member

I've created the beta server, downloaded everything, and copied over my main character, but when I try to login I get a message that says "Login rejected: The client's version does not match the server's. Please re-run the patcher." If I click "Ok" it gives me a login window with Username, Password, Character, and World. I can enter my username and pasword, but I don't know what the other fields are for. If I enter my username and password it still rejects it.
  11. chattie Well-Known Member

same here :(
  12. Gulaep Well-Known Member

I don't do the beta server/test server stuff but only because I cannot find the time. I applaud those who do it.

I am curious though, are either of you who are having trouble logging in because of a version error, are you first selecting Beta from the options menu in the Launcher before you hit the play button? If you don't tell the Launcher that you want to load the Beta version then it just goes to log you in to the normal live game and since the files don't match (different versions) then perhaps this is why you get that error.

Again, I don't do this beta/test stuff so I have no firsthand knowledge, I am just making a guess.

I hope this helps. :)
  13. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, there is a definite mismatch between the Beta Game Client and what the server is expecting. Seems as if the server has been updated, but the relevant update hasn't been exported to the patch server.

I've updated from last weeks beta, which ran just fine for me and my beta game is in a different location to my live game, specifically to avoid cross-contamination. ;)
  14. Gulaep Well-Known Member

I sort of answered my own question here, just to see if I was on to something. I went ahead and copied my original game folder, renamed it Beta and then ran the Launcher from the Beta folder. I selected "Beta" in the launcher options and it downloaded 227mb worth of files in a newly added BetaServer folder. I then did a "validate files" check and proceeded to launch the game. Low and behold I too was rejected. I didn't do a /beta in live game first on any of my characters, I should have but I figured it would still put me on a character select screen to make a new character.

But yeah, I too was rejected. Oh well, I was hoping my post above would have saved the day; guess I cannot always wear my underwear outside my pants and play superhero all the time. :p

At least I tried. :)
    flameweaver likes this.
  15. Tallithia New Member

Thanks for the responses everyone :)
  16. Tallithia New Member

Okay Loaded beta, so when I go in game and type /beta in chat I get a pop-up window that says 'copy to beta will delete any previous copy of character'. Does this mean my lvl 90 Oasis character I want to copy to beta will be lost as it's a previous copy? Or does this assume I get that a copy is a versinon of the origional and I won't lose the original? I know kinda answer my own question if the message is literal. I just want to make sure.
  17. Gulaep Well-Known Member

It is literal, if you have that exact character on beta, it will overwrite. It overwrites the copy that is on beta, your original on live server is safe. It gives you that same popup message even if this is the first time copying a character over.