(Roleplay) Proving Worth

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Brienae, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Brienae Active Member

((So I decided to try starting my own rp and seeing what happens. A few rules:
    1. No godmoding (Controlling other people's characters)
    2. Please use some form of out of character when discussing things out of character eg (()) or ooc
    3. Please be respectful to all involved
    4. Please try to keep all posts relative to the story.
    5 Have fun))
  2. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu Flamefist sighed. Had it all been a dream? she wondered. She looked around her small room in the acorn dojo belonging to her uncles. Whether the events she remembered were a dream or not she was here now. And here was not where she wanted to be. After all she was a Protege' to a dragon. That had been a startling revelation and now he had left her alone again. Like her parents Kyriu was a wanderer. She could not stand being in one place for long. She grabbed her staff and walked out into the sunlight. The Half-Elf Monk smiled as she deliberately stepped off the edge. She only barely hurt herself meaning she was getting better at landing softly. She set off towards Butcherblock. She preferred to walk since teleporting and portals made her ill. Somehow she was going to prove she was capable of handling herself and maybe just maybe Silzin would take her on one of his adventures if she could prove herself.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Your "own rp"? Please explain what that means. I'm only familiar with RP as in the server sense...ie Antonia Bayle.
  4. Fetish Well-Known Member

((Broke 3 of the 5 in one post. Gratz! I'll go ahead and break 2 to help you out. I do believe what she is trying to say, which really didn't seem that hard to intuit at all, was that she was going to start her "own RP" sub-forum in the guise of this thread, since any ongoing forum RP threads that existed are now locked. To familiarize you with the aspect of such forum RP threads, I would point you to the dead and freshly buried RP subf-forum. To make it simple for you...if you want to join in the RP, do...if you don't, then refrain from crapping here.))
    Dorofei and Moonpanther like this.
  5. Brienae Active Member

((It's basically a story each person tells a part for example I have introduced my character Kyriu who is standing by the Druid Ring in Greater Faydark if you want to participate you simply post a narration for a character of your creation it can be one of your in game characters but it does not have to be. The idea is telling a story and as time goes on we add more posts in order to tell the story for example the following link is an rp that I did with some others over the course of years, A Fae Flies into a Bar if you would like to join feel free. As Fetish said I am starting here because the rp forum has been archived.. so we shall see how this goes. Also should you choose to join try to make a distinction between Out of Character (not occurring within the story) and in character (Occurring within the story)))
    Dorofei and Dulcenia like this.
  6. Deago Well-Known Member

I put on my robe and wizard hat....come stare into my magical ball...let us invoke the passion of the Gods!

:D
    Siren likes this.
  7. Brienae Active Member

((If you really want to participate Deago then more detail would be appreciated. You need to give other players something to work with.))
  8. Anamathae Member

(( Allow me to introduce Thistlepuff, Fae Wizard Extrodinaire , well at least in her own mind :) /bow ))

There was a bang , not a huge bang like an explosion or a thunderclap, more of a muffled bang like a lead slab wrapped in pillows being hit with a rubber mallet. The fireworks that accompanied the bang however were somewhat more spectacular as was the sudden appearance of a diminutive form with wings that proceeded to whizz around the druid ring erratically bouncing off the ancient stones, leaving a scorch mark followed by several exclamations of "Owch!" and "I didn't.." and "What I meant to do.." The form sped by the Half Elf, barely missing her nose by inches and with a spectacular crunch and crash ended up in the middle of the bush that powered the ring. The silence that preceded was deafening and while the bush smoldered, a tiny hand appeared from the top of the bush waved in the general direction of the Half Elf and exclaimed "Whoopsie, sorry about that, too much sulfur .. too much sulfur"
  9. Brienae Active Member

((Welcome and just a reminder anyone is welcome to join.))
    As the flaming thing flew past her nose Kyriu twirled her staff from her back and turned towards the Druid ring trying to discover where the attack had come from. She held her staff defensively ready for the next attack until she heard the small voice. With a sigh she returned her staff to her back and knelt by the shrub “Are you alright?” she asked seeing the small hand protruding from the shrub. “Here let me help you,” she offered extending a finger to touch the tiny hand.
  10. Anamathae Member

"Much thanks!" as the tiny hand grasped the extended finger. "I always put too much sulfur when I attempt that teleport spell" The pixyish face looked up at the Half Elf, "My your a tall one!" "My name is Thistlepuff, Grand Wizard of Kelethin" Thistlepuff sighed and whispered "Well not yet, I'm technically still an apprentice" she said with a grin. "See?!" she exclaimed as she gestured with a grandiose gesture towards a bush. Sparks flew from her wand and with a whoosh the bush burst into flame as did a significant amount of grass, a small tree and an innocent flower that was bothering no one and just minding its business. "Whoops, need to improve my aim" she muttered to herself. "Anyway I saw you standing here and got to wondering what you were up to and where you were headed and if you wanted company everyone likes company I know I do and
    I wanted to know if you needed help Please please please?" Thistlepuff breathlessly said in all one sentence with only one breath.
    Kraeref likes this.
  11. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu stood up once the Fae was out of the bush and jumped back as the grass caught on fire in an attempt to avoid her barefeet being singed. She bowed “I am Kyriu Flamefist,” she said as she straightened “I am the perfect balance of two worlds Elf and Human, staff and fist,” as she spoke she twirled her staff from her back and did a few kicks and punches to the air being very careful not to hit the fae.” she sighed “Of course I'm only a protege' myself. I was thinking about walking to Butcherblock, haven't decided beyond that. If you don't mind walking I would like the company.” she smiled. “I prefer to enjoy the scenery.” she added somewhat truthfully.
    Kraeref likes this.
  12. Anamathae Member

"Ooooooooohhh! An adventure" Thistlepuff squealed in a pitch at least that would have broken even a goblet made of Titanium Ore. "And I do so love looking at the flora and the fauna of Greater Faydark", "How you tall ones can stand living on those huge cities that I have heard of I will never understand and so close to the ground too!" she said in a wondering voice, with a touch of scorn added into boot. "Butcherblock you say?" she further inquired. "Never been there!" "Actually, I've never been out of Greater Faydark itself." she whispered. "My master would never let me" she pouted. "But!" she continued, "He's on important mission for Queen Amree herself!" she went on to say. "At least I think so, its been 6 months since I've heard anything from him." Thistlepuff shrugged. "So Butcherblock it is then!" She flittered close to Kuriu and after a moment settled on Kyriu's left shoulder, and perched there.
  13. Brienae Active Member

Kyriu laughed “I was born in Kelethin. True I traveled the world with my family but we always came back to Kelethin...” she sighed “Since they went to the Ethermere my current Sensei seems reluctant to take me anywhere. And he went off again to save the world and let me behind again. He's also been gone awhile and I... well like Dad and Mama I get restless when staying in one place for too long.” She bit the silver ring encircling her lip “I don't think having you on my shoulder is going to work very well. As a monk if we get into a fight I will be doing a lot of movement. I have no problems with you following me. I promise I won't leave you behind.” she was sure that wouldn't be a problem as Fae tended to glide across the ground rapidly anyway. “I also need to be able to grab my staff though I can just use my fists with no trouble... still doesn't change the amount of movement....”
  14. Bint and Teekie Member

((I'll tag along as well with an interesting "duo."))

"Come backs here Skvee!" can be heard some distance away as a small rat scurried across the ground towards the Druid Ring. The rat, black in colour and about eight inches long, quickly climbed one of the stones and settled on top of it, now surveying the area from its new vantage point.

"Skvee! You silly ratses, don't runs away from mes like that!" is heard again as the Ratonga appeared. Clad in a silvery armour except for his white head, the Guardian rushed over to the Druid stone which Skvee was perched on top. Finally caught up with his pet, Kaki panted for a moment before he lifted his hands.

"Ok, yous got to where you wanted. Now jump downs from there before any birds find yous." Kaki pleaded the black rat, but instead of jumping down, the rat squeaked at the direction where the Fae and the Half-Elf were standing. Still worried for his small companion, the Ratonga took a quick glance at whatever got the rat agitated. The moment he saw the other two were looking at him he immediately froze in place.

"... oh! Helloes there!" is the only thing he can get out as he waved at them with his right hand.
  15. Anamathae Member

((Welcome :)))

Tinkerbell looked at the newcomers, still perched on Kyriu's left shoulder. "Eeeeeeek its a Rat!!" she screamed nearly deafening her new friend. She immediately flew from her current position to the top of Kyrius's head and tried hiding herself in Kyrius hair, violently trembling with fright.
  16. Brienae Active Member

((Welcome,))
    Kyriu laughed "Thistlepuff, It won't hurt you," she sighed as she felt the Fae try to hide in her pony tail. "It's only a pet," she said smiling at the Ratonga. Instinctively she bowed to the newcomer.
  17. Bint and Teekie Member

Kaki flinched when the Fae screamed but quickly regained his composure again. He bowed quickly to them as well.

"Yes, helloes. Allow mes to introduce myself. I'm Kaki, the Guardian, and this b-- ack! Skvee!" he suddenly interrupted himself as the black rat landed on his head and climbed down into a pouch that were attached to his waist. Skvee poked his head out of the pouch for a moment before settling inside it.

"Yes, that bes Skvee." the Ratonga exclaimed, a little grumpy from being interrupted. He sighed in relief nevertheless, patting the pouch gently. "He bes my friend and we do many a things together." He directed his attention to the two in front of him. "May I ask who you twos be?"
  18. Anamathae Member

Thistlepuff peeked out from Kyriu's ponytail. Still eyeing the giant rat's pouch suspiciously she said, " I am Thistlepuff, Grand Wizard of Kelethin!" in a proud voice, but inwardly she was less sure of herself. "My companion is Kyriu" she continued. "And we are on a grand adventure to Butcherblock!" she stated. She eyed the creature before her, "What manner of creature are you? I've never seen a giant talking rat before."
  19. Bint and Teekie Member

Kaki frowned slightly at the last statement.

"Not rat. RatONGA." he responds annoyingly, yet trying to hide his annoyance at the common misconception. "Skvee is what you'd calls a rat, but me bes a Ratonga. That'd be the same of mes calling you a pixie, but Kaki knows better than to calls missie Thistlepuff anything but a Fae." Kaki nodded with a smile, satisfied for yet again teaching someone else about the difference between him and Skvee, which is a bonus reason why he always bring the rat with him, apart from being a great companion that is.

Kaki looked around the area for a moment. Hmm, no one else around here. Maybe these two could be fun.

"So you twos are on the grandest of adventures, yes?" he said as he looked back with another smile, slowly walking toward the duo. "Meeting great peoples, fighting evil baddies, finding big treasures, yes?"
  20. Brienae Active Member

((Please try to wait for everyone to post a response. If 1 person posts every other post it can become confusing as to what to respond to. Also it could lead to someone being left behind.))
    Kyriu giggled "You have never left Kelethin have you?" she asked. She shook her head "Even then there are Ratonga in Kelethin. I know a Ratonga Fury... well Tetri may not be the best example since she was raised by a Wood-Elf." She shrugged "I am Kyriu Flamefist, we are headed to Butcherblock to... well not sure beyond yet. You're welcome to join us Kaki."