Be careful what you delete!!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gerak, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Most of the time, it is black and white. Other times, there might be some lag involved. I didn't even comment on guilds. You chose that to be included in my group of "half the items listed".
  2. Xillean Well-Known Member

Perhaps they will add a merchant/vendor similar to ole Shady that you can re-buy one time quest items and such in the future.

I have to agree with Deveryn, I doubt they wanted to do these things but are doing what they can. If we can offer ideas or suggestions for things that are more 'automated' in nature we might actually get them at some point.

I have said this quite a few times before but it bears repeating: I lost literally everything on my main due to what im guessing was a bg glitch. All of my gear was gone, bags, mounts, personal bank, you name it it was gone due to this. I panicked especially after reading the new rules but the gms were not only extremely patient with me and helpful and restored it all but they worked with me for about 3 days to ensure everything was accounted for.

They may be limited in what they can do but that alone tells me they still care and will work with people when they can/are allowed.
    Sydnye, Lateana, Dulcenia and 3 others like this.
  3. Feara Well-Known Member

Now this is very good advise Gerak. Thank you for starting this post. Hopefully it will help those who need to pay more attention to what their doing.
  4. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I would be surprised if Daybreak CS does not step in to help when something like a server crash causes someones character to lose all their gear. That is what CS should be there for.

However, if Bob sends in a petition, claiming he looked away for 20s to watch TV, only to have the neighbors pet cat climb on the keyboard and magically remove + transmute their entire set of raid armor, and that if Daybreak doesn't restore it all they will rage quit and speak ill of the company... Adios.

Every business has a framework of rules and regulations. It is very rare a company does not make exceptions when it is clear that some form of concession is justified. People should ease up on the panic attacks until actual real cases of Daybreak errors are not handled by Daybreak CS. Otherwise, pay attention, CS is no longer officially there to compensate player carelessness.
    suka, Sydnye, Feara and 1 other person like this.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

I get the feeling that you both are becoming a little off balance. Some do tend to get very disturbed by common sense.

Taysa you have been accusing Deveryn of this for over six months now maybe even close to a year. Is it getting old now?
    In my opinion your calling him names and if that's what you have to do to prove a point, take lessons.
    suka, Charlice, Rotherian and 2 others like this.
  6. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Ok folks, take a knee here and breath! On one hand the cut back of customer service imo is not a good thing. For years this game has enjoyed the best customer service out there and we have become spoiled. So yes, this does not seem like a logical action on the part of Daybreak games.

On the other hand, Deveryn does have some valid points. We should pay more attention and I can't tell you how many time in the games I've played someone would do stupid stuff, rage delete, drunk delete, share info with friends etc and lose stuff. I've also seen many of the same said folks claim to be "hacked" in order to get their stuff returned. And if you are honest many of you have seen the same. Now some folks unbeknownst to themselves may have had keyloggers, bought gold or services from a 3rd party (gold farmers) or viruses and did get hacked so yes it does happen but not as often as some would have you think..

It won't kill us to take more care and pay attention to what we are doing in game rather then rushing through everything. And I'd be willing to bet that in an extreme case CS will help...we will have to see. In the meantime, lets take care, pay attention and hope that things will get better.
    suka, Sydnye, Dulcenia and 1 other person like this.
  7. Guiscard Active Member

With losing staff and CS this game is heading down the toilet fast.
    Kraeref, Gaealiege and Mizgamer62 like this.
  8. Peddlefoot New Member

They should have created a "buy-back" system for deleted items before removing the support. Other games have automated a lot of common customer service issues to great success. They could have done that with their newly acquired games. The reality is they bought thsee games and are going to cut as many corners as they can to make them all more profitable.
    Steelviper, suka, Lateana and 6 others like this.
  9. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I like this idea. Perhaps they could put some more of the one time rewards on the shady dealer as well so that folks can reacquire them.
    suka and Guiscard like this.
  10. Skitterfast Well-Known Member

Again: it is not about right or wrong, nor is it about teaching anyone a lesson. A lost customer = lost revenue + bad publicity regardless of where the error originated.

Nothing is forced. This is a conscious decision to reduce investment in customer satisfaction.

It is a poor business decision. While it may increase short term profits, in the long term it can only result in a reduced customer base.
    Sambril, Gaealiege, Foretold and 5 others like this.
  11. Lamatu Active Member

I used to get deleted toons restored as I paid for more slots. I currently have bought 12 extra slots and I was planning to buy a few more but now there is no point.

As someone who played many high level alts on a single account I currently have 2 level 90's and 2 old 85 heroics paid for that were deleted thinking I could bring them back someday. In the past CS would restore toons from years ago within 24 hours of a petition and say they are very happy to do it for a loyal subscriber.

I haven't ever recommended this game because of low pop servers and the game being top heavy. I now feel obliged to post when I see threads started from new or returning players asking about the game.

I will just copy/paste the new kb article so they can decide if they wanna invest money and time in a game with such customer support.
    Shesaz and Mizgamer62 like this.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Sorry there business mogul, you're wrong. It's about saving money right now. A lot has clearly been lost from other decisions, forcing various cuts. The games come first, so anything that minimally impacts the game is going to get chopped. In time, they can hopefully restore more support. For now, they have more limited staff and they have to be limited in what they can handle.
    suka likes this.
  13. Cleaner Active Member

LOOK OUT weeee, hey im the Troll here back off or ill bite your leg off...some people want this game to be a "SOLO" game apparently. This game already had a HUGE "BAD" reputation in the gameing communities for VERY POOR customer support. I unusually agree with the Moral Majority here. Server depletion maybe caused by Many many things but bad customer support has been #1 going on 5 years now, In Most cases, Accounts get hacked by plat farmer companies. They hide under the cover of DDOS attacks while stealing account information. accounts get hijacked stripped and sold off ALOT more than you think it does. Almost EVERY time its attacks directed at account servers.
    Considering the amount of lag we have been experiencing it looks like they are continuously being pinged , don't be surprised if it happens to you next.
    Lateana likes this.
  14. Cleaner Active Member

Best comment i have read so far.
  15. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Some games have a feature where you can restore your own character. Likewise restore deleted items as a do it yourself option without bothering gms. It has a time limit on it but perhaps something like that could be done here.

I mean just automate stuff. I think it just drops the ''restored'' perhaps regenrated item into your bags. I'm nor sure exactly how that works though.

Both of these options could be a station chash thing like reserch and stuff.

Maybe if there was some type of skyrim type console developed, other things, like stuck quests could be taken care of as well, like a auto complete by putting in a code, though I see glaring issues with that last unless there were firm safe guards in place there. I'm not sure this last could safely be done, its a mmo not a normal pc game, but if it could, very useful indeed..
    suka and Peddlefoot like this.
  16. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you..... you are a troll. :D
    Kittybock and suka like this.
  17. Charlice Well-Known Member

Plat sellers seem to of made an appearance again. I trust they'll put as much effort into getting rid of them, as they have in getting rid of customer service. One can only hope.

Would be horrible if customers deleted their accounts and were unable to restore them, wouldn't it.
  18. Toran Member

Pay attention to what you are doing, its that simple. I've never lost/deleted anything except when I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.If you delete something you are the one who pressed the delete button, server lag didn't press it.
    Moonpanther and biazejohnson like this.
  19. Lucus Well-Known Member

nobody is perfect, every item doesn't have a unique icon. mistakes are easy to make for some things.

It doesn't mean that CS should just ignore people asking for 5 minutes to restore a key item such as a quest required item or a teleport item quest reward which doesn't have a unique icon.

They've cut back the CS staff. that's what this thread is about. so can we stop with the "be careful and near perfect because i've only lost like 2 items in X years of playing" (and i didnt ask for a restore even though i could) stuff?
    suka and Lateana like this.
  20. kurghan Active Member

Those are wise words as a few months ago I was buying the small bags of plat from loyalty merchant when my mouse slipped and I didn't notice until after I had bought about 15 maj dul monkeys instead . But I didnt go crying to speak I just realised how stupid I was and now I am more careful.
    Avirodar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.