Game loading to a black screen

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Balzamonn, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Balzamonn New Member

Help! I run the launch pad and it loads fine. As soon as I hit play the game loads to nothing but a black screen. Never goes to character select or anything. Have tried multiple virus scans and still nothing. My video card is also working fine. I was online the other day with no problems and now this so am in need of some help. Anyone who has any ideas on how to fix this I would love to hear them. Am quite frustrated. Thank you in advance.
  2. Ebrayn New Member

I've got this problem today as well. After I click play on the launcher the game stops at a black screened window, if you drag the mouse cursor over the screen you see the message "Error: Unknown Error Occured" in black text on a black background.
  3. Tedorikkthefirst Member

Well my post is basically about the same issue. sorry for redundancy. I guess though when you're in the 'dark' so to speak it feels kinda kewl to reach out and type a little something. I DID see a tweet out there from about 25 ago too saying they're working toward resolution etc... ty ty

T1st
  4. LadyGrey New Member

I have this problem today as well, except I cannot even get to the play button... it goes black with the error message without even loading all the usual log-in rubbish.

Incidentally, I haven't played since the update on the 12th, so I wonder if there is a connection to this bug and the update?? Any thoughts, SOE? :(
  5. Tedorikkthefirst Member

I was playing five, six hrs ago and everything was/is smooth as could be.
  6. Beaue Member

Same issue here.
  7. Deornwulf Active Member

I cannot log into either EQII or DCUO. I get the same black screen of nothingness. Just checked LON and I get the same result.
  8. LadyGrey New Member

Oh, I didn't know they were working on it. Thanks, Tedorikk.
  9. avashi Active Member

I don't get black screen, don't get that far lol I get "updating Launchpad" then it fades away, end of story.
  10. Strings Well-Known Member

My launcher also goes black.
  11. Shedevi New Member

Same black of nothing ness here even reinstall it thinking the game went nuts lol should of checked the net first
  12. Saute New Member

"soe" was DDoS'd ealy this morning
  13. Sharann Well-Known Member

A guildie suggested to launch the game via everquest2.exe instead of the launcher and it works!

It's very slow though so for a few minutes nothing will happen and then all of a sudden the game launches.
  14. Jimie New Member

Worked for me too.
  15. Kittybock Well-Known Member

thanks for the tip, but did not work on our end. Think we will need to wait for the DDOS attacke to subside. I am chatting with Guildies on Mumble, we tried using the .exe method and nada.

Steam is saying Lizardsquad hit Daybreak w/ DDOS about 4 hours ago, Just gonna have coffee, chat on mumble and wait for it to go away.

Kitty
  16. harriaal New Member

I dont have everquest2.exe, I have EQ2.exe. I'm running the steam version, iguess you have the normal one?
  17. Juraviel Active Member

I tried all of my DB games - EQ, EQ2, EQL and none of them will launch. Sorry to hear that they are already the target of DDoS attacks.
  18. Teldar New Member

Same here black screen. Been that way all day:(. Want to play its the weekend and cant get into game, Can we get a response please?
  19. Kittybock Well-Known Member

That is correct. Update, using the everquest2.exe did work finally, it was loading in the background. I heard the music, while still messing with the Launcher.
  20. Jimie New Member

Looks like a it's hitting most people. /who all returns 48 people on Butcher Block
    Kittybock likes this.