Inquisitor question inside....

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Quizzy, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Then lets hope the op isn't foolish enough to take any of your words serious. Looking at several raiding inquisitors I see plenty of them sitting near or around 20k.

I decided then to check out the profile of a known inquisitor on Antonia bayle who i've grouped several times with. He is that kind of guy who gives you a headache when you're the tank cause it cant be fast enough for him. He goes pulls whole rooms of trash including the next named. If he could he'd probably pull the whole zone no matter how hard the zone actually is. Listening to him gives the impression hes drunk while doing it, but I have faith in his skills. He keeps the group VERY well alive. He could probably keep the group running while in coma, that's how good he is imho.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that he has 46k ability mod. But I guess he is a noob too, right? Truth is, he would smoke you at any given time. Keep it up man!
  2. Jezes Active Member

Yes going way over ability mod cap clearly means you're good at this game. Anything else? Also if anyone ever sends me tells or PM's and asks me questions directly I have always helped and will always help. The reason I don't bother posting on forums because I have people like you telling someone to get 50k ability mod and that other dude saying prepared defenses is the worst thing ever and that they're only getting 30k wards, how is that even possible. That is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE. So yeah. Just try to not pay attention to the horribly mis-informed posts OP. You can do it, I believe. If you actually want advice I'll be in game around 9 tonight est.
  3. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

A change of attitude, took way too long dude. Well we got there.
  4. Salvator New Member

5. Jezes Active Member

Salvator. I miss you, you euro. Also yes. I know. I didn't even bother.
  6. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Look out Jezes, an unnamed but known PUG'er from AB has your number. You best be working on your playing while comatose skill. With the aid of alcohol, I got mine up to 14/500. A long road ahead.
  7. Jezes Active Member

Hahah hey Avi. Yeah who wouldn't want an Inq with 45k ability mod who runs ahead of tank and pulls mobs. Sounds like quality pug material.
  8. Thornee New Member

"Looking at several raiding inquisitors I see plenty of them sitting near or around 20k."
    Then it can't be wrong? right? ....
  9. Buffrat Well-Known Member

It is wrong because there are no raiding Inquisitors. Useless class. Jezes is actually a warden.
  10. Jezes Active Member

That's mean Buff, I would never call you a warden. :(
  11. Davito Active Member

What is this thread o_O

Basic summary of this thread so far for people who don't want to read all of that.

Key highlights that made me giggle, teehee:
    -Prepared defenses is worthless and purple ward adorns are better.
    -35k-50k ability mod is gud. And don't reforge to DPS mod.
    -Inquisitors main role is to heal and not dps at all, so potency is better than CB.
    -DG is better than it used to be.
    -The diety suggestions given.

I couldn't be asked to read the entire thing, but I think that covers most of the bad advice. Don't follow anything on that list and you will be slightly better than average.
  12. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Yes op, you cant keep your group alive right now, you clearly need to go for even more dps. It will be easier to heal your group. You just have to strongly believe in that, and then magically no one will die. Need mooore DPS mod and even more crit bonus. Screw potency, its an useless stat! Do it!!!
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

You DO know that having crit bonus and potency 'close' is the best way to maximize heals? If you go full potency and ignore crit bonus you're nerfing your heals as bad as if you go full crit bonus and ignore potency.
    Also for ability mod... for reactives you only need 1/2 as much as a single tick on an inquisitor to max out what a heal can use. Additionally, hitting the mob often wih your melee weapon is important to maximize the healing from battle dressing.
  14. Smite Active Member

I've had a few weeks to digest and think over my earlier posts in this thread and here's my corrections -

I had a 15K-30K ward estimate and everyone else had 600K+ values for Prepared Defenses and the difference lies in how it was checked.

1/3
    _ _ _
  15. Smite Active Member

1 player: Grimling: Tranquil Sea: 43% Health: Interrogation: Tooltip of Icon reads ~19K.

6 players: Zebrun: No Quarter: 100~75% Health: Interrogation: Tooltip of Icon read - [No Icon]

Purple Adorn values appeared to apply at all times solo/group/raid.

Prepared Defenses appeared to apply best for longer fights and according to the tooltip was ~19K without all the CB/Pot that builds up from procs so came up with 15K-30K based on the missing CB/Pot that I usually had in a group 800/800 vs what I had with autoattack on a Grimling to check the ward.

Everyone else had access to ACT reports I didn't and I'm not necessarily surprised that no one went out of their way to determine the source of this misunderstanding and correct it.

All someone had to say was:

"Hey, Smite you know the tooltip you read on the solo check? Each person gets that in a group so with all the CB/Pot/Buffs/etc. it scales up to 300K+ but we didn't want to leave the ability overpowered for solo and heroic content because of the havoc it would cause."

2/3
    _ _ _
  16. Smite Active Member

In summary:

Purple Runes > Prepared Defenses when your raid force can't get a mob under 50%.

Prepared Defenses > Purple runes when your raid force has mobs on farm.

_ _ _

If someone has a mechanics misunderstanding there usually is a reason they believe as they do, find it and help them bridge the gap in experience. Sarcasm and other negative feedback mechanisms usually only create entrenchment which helps few in a game with a sunset timeline.

The only reason I'm on the boat with ability mod not being 50K is because of Dragon's Armory. Maybe the others promoting 50K ability mod either found a loophole in the mechanics no one else found or they just don't know about the site that tells a player the maximum ability mod per spell in list format.

3/3
    _ _ _
  17. Smite Active Member

As far as Divine Guidance being overpowered in AoM, it isn't thanks to Pulse Damage.

That quote I used earlier was from a Developer back in ~SF on ~TSO content who didn't use their Dev name as their Character name and I was told - directly and bluntly - that mechanics had 'plans' to negate the overpoweredness of Divine Guidance and reactives in general without removing Divine Guidance in its current form.

I used it to stir up the Devs to think hard on what type of game they are trying to make.

Heroic ToV vs Heroic AoM is night and day difference and it is apparent to all that "Pulse Damage" is the answer to Divine Guidance that the Dev being blunt with me was hinting at.

_ _ _
  18. Smite Active Member

Whether we like it or not, Inquisitors, take a solid backseat in AoM to Shaman and no amount of internal class strife will change that.

Inquisition was changed for the better due to constructive feedback and I still feel Prepared Defenses should apply at all mob health %.

Perhaps others feel differently?
  19. Smite Active Member

For the Devs in Mechanics:

Given how Prepared Defenses applies currently I find that Purple Adorns and a Shaman go alot further than right side prestige for everything I've been doing.

Even though ACT says it's neck and neck in Inner Temple / etc. it doesn't necessarily feel that way as without a Shaman the entire group's hitpoints bounce in an unnerving fashion and given the irregular application of Prepared Defenses I just don't feel confident that it will cover the gaps. Right side doesn't make me want to volunteer to solo heal Inner Temple or even pair up with a Druid.

What happens in an internal group is that it rolls over the zone so Prepared Defenses is always up from the previous trash so it looks like its good to go even when you start. But when an Inquisitor really needs it... in groups that wipe 3-5 times a named the ward is missing until after the mob is over the 50% speedbump.

As it is now Prepared Defenses is an ACT superstar in superstar groups rolling over things that can be rolled over without it. Left side prestige on the other hand can really do magical things on extremely undergeared tanks at all times that aren't straight up 1-shots.

Given yesterday's announcements there's much larger priorities in the office than nuances of endgame class balance but I put this out here in the hope that when things settle out whoever is reassigned to think about these things in March might have another perspective from those in the middle.

Inquisition was changed for the better and I think Prepared Defenses needs to have the 50% limit removed.
  20. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Smite, you still do not understand how Prepared Defenses works. It does not depend on the number of people in your group. It wards everyone for the same amount, no matter if you are solo, in a group, or raid. The ward amount depends only on potency, cb, ability mod and other stuff that usually increase your other heals.
    The description of the spell is "not accurate " , same as for the rest of your abilities. My group reactive description says 9.5 k, and still it heals for over 500 k sometimes. Mythical crit, but still:)
    And purple runes ward for exactly what is written in descriptions. So 25k is only 25..no less and no more