Pirate Zones need to be Adjusted

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Hest01, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Hest01 Member

I know some people think that the zones have been nerfed enough...even too much. I am not hear to agree or disagree with that.

However, there is a certain progression that is supposed to take place. That progression is very much broken. The Pirate zones are harder than a good 2/3 of the zones out there...blue and green.

It is very hard to find anyone that even goes into these zones because most green zones are much easier.
  2. Toran Member

Add to the fact if you lag just a tad you have a very high chance to walk off the ledge. Then you have to swim back to the dock and catch up with the group. PITA...
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I was wondering why the very first instance I had to do was so rough. I could barely handle one mob at level 95 and with the troll brigand merc. Solo instance of course.

So I decided I was too wimpy for any of the new instances until I could grind my AAs up to max and then grind several adventure levels.

Are the pirate zones harder compared to other of the new instances? If so, why? You cannot progress in the quest line past the spider isle until doing it...
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

If you are a non-healer you should be running a healer merc. ifyou are a healer you should try a dps or tank merc, if you suck as a healer use a healer merc.

the solos zones required for the signature line are fairly easy with a healer merc. remember in [solo] zones you can use a merc, but can't bring a friend, mobs are easier then adv solo and have less hp.

also take the quests from the zone in so you get mroe reward for the effort. check your armor you may want to upgrade to tranquil handcrafted for toons that dont have arcane/potent armor from ToV.
  5. Hest01 Member

I am not talking solo...or adv solo. I am referring heroics.
  6. Vasco Active Member

I think we should adjust other zones around the pirate zone, give us more of that balls to the walls progression feel! Hell, more should be like the choir event.
  7. Lucus Well-Known Member

so basically you want all instances at least as hard as the pirate zone so people in yellow gem gear get soundly squashed and discouraged, because you and your friends have the good armor already and you want others to suffer so you can have a little more diffculty which is lessened by your good equipment.

no thanks.

your idea is no different then a raider guild using a super fast leveling method to get their people to cap then calling for a nerf on the forums so everyone else has to suffer for the raid guild's ego.
  8. Seiffil Active Member

The biggest problem with the pirate zones is the AE. For being a zone that only awards blue gem armor, it's a zone that pretty much will absolutely require 2 healers because of the amount of AE damage being dished out. Meanwhile some green zones are much less of a hassle and easier to run.
  9. Vasco Active Member

Relax, obviously it was a jest since choir event is close to impossible right now.
  10. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Personally i love hoist of the yellowjack and i think that one is perfect the way it is! The last fight is amizingly interesting and i loved tanking this zone. It wasn't hard it just required more ppl then tank and healer to do other stuff sometimes then just mashing buttons, teamwork. Blightwater falls tho is a different story, I absolutely hate it, but that's mostly becuz of the tiny ledges you're forced to fight on, chasing bipsy is a PITA! This zone IMO was a fail, but hey they can't all be good. The pulse dmg could be greatly reduced if ppl actually sacrificed a few AA points for more mitigation or even keeping a +mit rune in reserve for it. If everyone would just think about their own survivability a lill the HPS parses would be greatly reduced.
    Ragna likes this.
  11. Seiffil Active Member

I should probably say that, my worst experiences with the pirates zones is specifically Blightwater Falls. Hoist of the yellowjack was actually pretty fun.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Unless they've radically changed the solo zones since AoM launch, all of them are duo-able* (i.e. you can bring another player, but the mercs must remain suspended). One of my guild members and I ran those for the sig line (then later went back through the advanced solo dungeons). The primary difference between solo and advanced solo zones in AoM is that the advanced solos are harder, so it might be more advisable to do those zones with another player instead of the mercs.

* Obviously, if there isn't a solo version of a given zone, then that zone isn't duo-able as a solo zone. That could have gone without saying, if I wasn't convinced that at least one person would try to use that as a counterargument. o_O
  13. Lucus Well-Known Member

yeah i've run 6 toons through the entire signature line, mostly tanks or dps and one healer. i didn't really have much trouble in a solo with a merc ether to boost survivability or as extra dps. but then again i like to look for information on these zones and my toons were mostly already in decent gear.

what can make a solo/adv zone hard is lack of knowlege of the zone scripts and lackluster gear. not everyone has enough crafters to outfit their worse geared toons with passable gear. for example the solo highhold zone needed for the signature line can be difficult on the final named if you don't know how the fight is supposed to play out and how to prevent the named's bolster like buff (thank you everquest 2 forums and members for that information).

jests aren't always understood or translated properly, i guess the forums and google translate have something in common!
  14. Ezariel Member

the problem with the pirate zones is that all the damage is based on mitigation not resists. You can easily get t2 level resists with handcrafted gear but you cannot get the required mitigation/hp for these zones until you have fully upgraded a set of blue gear. And then it is still easier to do green zones at that point.
  15. Arieste Well-Known Member

i've run yellojack a bunch of times lately and find it very fun. it's probably the fastest zone to run - faster than even the dino zones.

the last named used to be hard to solo-heal, but it's a non-issue since the nerf.

bilgewater is hard to do with a well geared group jsut because it's so easy to burn through the script of the 3rd named and get absolutely destroyed by failure AEs. But it's been solo-healable since launch - even without having AoM gear.

These zones are certainly not harder than the PS zones.

I mean, at some point people need to learn the fact that they need to put on resist gear and AoM armor. This is the SECOND set of zones in the expac after the dino ones, they should absolutely NOT be easily doable without AoM gear. They're doable without it, but really they should encourage the group to have new gear. Which they do. No more nerfs pls.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

I agree. There are many things I don't like about falls, but the paramount one is I simply do not enjoy the zone layout, at all.
  17. Arieste Well-Known Member

I agree sorta. I think the concept behind it was very good. It's a very cool looking zone and the idea of running along those little bridges and stuff is great. If someone described to me the idea behind the zone and how you move in it, I would probably think it's amazing. In practice it just hasn't turned out that way.

I don't think there is a good way to fix the layout, but my suggestions would be:

1. the rope access to top was a good idea, but it needs to be click activated rather than kill-triggered. If you got up there, you should be able to drop the rope an get up there, regardless of whether you kill the next name.

2. add a couple of zipline thingies like in the yellow jack zone.. maybe a ladder up to a roof top and then zipline to other side instead of taking a bunch of ramps. (it would also be pretty awesome if there was a zipline from Bilsie top port location back to her original spawn spot, that was usable in combat!)

Those are a couple of things. I dunno if they would improve things much. I really salute the design team on making an amazing-looking zone and one that is driven by the art design. It's too bad that it doesn't play as fun as it sounds in concept - but the concept was definitely awesome.
  18. Hest01 Member

I challenge to see your solo heal parse on last name in falls. I then would like to see your HPS for Castle or Oastuary.

Your saying that the amount of dmg done to the group is less falls than in either of these zones? Are you saying that as a group falls is easier than either Oastuary or Castle?
  19. Arieste Well-Known Member

are you saying that damage done to group is the sole indicator of zone difficulty? because it's not. but sure, give me a few days to run all these zones - none of which i like running - and i'll post some parses for you. i don't imagine the last named in either ossuary or castle will result in higher HPS though, since the castle named is a script check and ossuary named is a dps check. But why not, i need something to do anyway.
  20. knine Well-Known Member

Bildgewater is a constant ticking damage.. of course you're going to have higher heal parse.. get your resists up.. oh yea that means you have to take off the fabled 10k gear from previous expac or get more than the 15k playermade resist gear... castle doesn't have constant damage.. it has a memwipe. stun on the tank, and you have to burn curtains and kill adds... and ossuary has small damage ticks if you keep all 4 the adds up.. kill 2 makes it easier.. kill 4 even easier.. how about not complaining about how hard something is.. especially since it's already been nerfed to oblivion and back.. and learn to put on appropriate gear to get your resists up and mitigation up for traumas....