Song dedicated to the Guides, 12 Days of Frostfell

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Bint and Teekie, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Bint and Teekie Member

Hello everyone!
    I'm Bint of the Permafrost server, and earlier this December the Guides both organized and invited us all to an awesome Frostfell Party at the Hold of Prexus itself! We all had a great time there chatting, playing, listening to stories, listening to songs, and even participating at a costume contest at the end! It was an amazing time and the Guides deserve all the praise for organizing such an event for us.

Now I did mention about songs earlier, and the Guides did as a matter fact invite us to sing our own songs. However no one had any in store back then, so we continued with the party instead. But now I've finally thought of one and I wish to share it with you all, Guides and players alike!
    ... yes, I know it it isn't Frostfell anymore, but why should that stop me? Everyone will be able to enjoy the song anyway!

Just to be a big tease I'm going to post one day each day, so be sure to come back frequently to get the whole song!

12 Days of Frostfell
    On the first day of Frostfell our dear Guides gave to us
    The best time of the whole day
    Elyshka, Kinyoubi, Aitsanna and 2 others like this.
  2. Graithan Guide

Hellos Bint! That's was a very funs time! It's wouldn't bes muches of a party withouts yous all though! Thanks yous all for comings! Frostfells may bes over buts the spirits lives ons! :D /dance
    Dinendall likes this.
  3. Bint and Teekie Member

There can never be a good party without good people, Graithan, and there can never be a great party without great hosts. :)

In case anyone hasn't heard of this song, it's 12 Days of Christmas. You can listen to the normal version here:

Time for the second day!

12 Days of Frostfell
    On the second day of Frostfell our dear Guides gave to us
    Two tasty treats
    And the best time of the whole day
  4. Bint and Teekie Member

Day three is here!

12 Days of Frostfell
    On the third day of Frostfell our dear Guides gave to us
    Three fae lights
    Two tasty treats
  5. Bint and Teekie Member

Today's day four!
    I wonder if the Guides would be able to keep up with giving us all these nice items every day? Well, we'll just have to make sure to give them a great reason why they would visit us every day then!

12 Days of Frostfell
    On the fourth day of Frostfell our dear Guides gave to us
    Four fungi caps
    Three fae lights
    Two tasty treats
  6. Bint and Teekie Member

Day five!
    A little late for the Appreciate a Dragon Day, but now we'll ge to appreciate them for eight days instead! :)
    Give your local dragon a hug each day to show your love! I have a feeling Lord Nagafen might need a hug or two as well. ;)

12 Days of Frostfell
    On the fifth day of Frostfell our dear Guides gave to us
    Five dragon friends
    Four fungi caps
    Three fae lights
    Two tasty treats
    Elyshka, Kinyoubi, Dinendall and 2 others like this.
  7. Bint and Teekie Member

Day six! Halfway through now!
    There's an important thing one must never forget about what the Guides give us. Sure, the caps, lights, treats and whatnot are great rewards, but what's even greater is the opportunity to have fun and roleplay with the Guides.

Ok, roleplaying might sound silly to some and you'd rather stick with the reward. I respect that, if that's how you enjoy the game, then great! However me and dare I say many others feel that the time we get to roleplay is the greatest reward possible from the Guides, and we throughoutly enjoy every moment of it! It's the hidden reward for those who wish to experience a little extra!

But enough of my rambling, here's day six!

12 Days of Frostfell
    On the sixth day of Frostfell our dear Guides gave to us
    Six vengeful spirits
    Five dragon friends
    Four fungi caps
    Three fae lights
    Two tasty treats
  8. Bint and Teekie Member

Day seven!
    What do you people prefer to collect? Shinies is a given, but is there anything in particular which makes you pay a little extra effort to get hold of? Maybe you're someone who wants ALL the plants for your garden, or ALL plushies so you can make your miniature zoo. Or mayhap ALL titles and achievements as a proof of your accomplishments. Everything can be a form of collection! Even equipment! Appearance and otherwise!

Whatever you like to collect on your travels in Norrath, do give it an extra thought when you meet those axe-obsessed Dwarves next time. Share the joy of your collections!
    Maybe you could try to convince them what they should be collecting instead? ;)

12 Days of Frostfell
    On the seventh day of Frostfell our dear Guides gave to us
    Seven axe collectors
    Six vengeful spirits
    Five dragon friends
    Four fungi caps
    Three fae lights
    Two tasty treats
  9. Bint and Teekie Member

The eighth day is here!
    Cakes are great! But which kind is the best one? And should there be something else with it? Hmm, choices, choices ...
    These are the questions one has to ask when preparing a cake for someone important, though what is the best way to give a cake? Should it be memorable? Should it come in a certain shape? Should there be magical effects in it? Should there even be a hidden Halfling who jumps out of it? ... maybe not the Halfling, although some races might like it.

Do keep these things in mind when a certain someone asks you to help out with these kind of questions. Your idea might even become the main attraction of the event. :)

12 Days of Frostfell
    On the eighth day of Frostfell our dear Guides gave to us
    Eight cakes now baking
    Seven axe collectors
    Six vengeful spirits
    Five dragon friends
    Four fungi caps
    Three fae lights
    Two tasty treats
  10. Bint and Teekie Member

Ninth, the ninthiest day is here! ... what ninthiest is? No idea.
    Every now and then someone appears with a bunch of pigs. No, not figuratively, but literal pigs. Sometimes big ones, sometimes small ones. Either way, their owner always asks you to look after them for a while, or guide them somewhere, or find the ones who are lost. But never do they ask you how to cook them, and why is that? Don't you normally breed pigs just so you can eat them later on? So why won't they ever let you prepare say two, three of them and have a feast? I'm certain a lot of people would love to have some tasty bacon after a long day of babysitting them.

Ok, the owner might not appreciate you cooking his or her piggies without any forewarning. But maybe ... just maybe they might agree to it if you can convince them how delicious the pigs would taste if you brought some great ingredients to cook them with.
    Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. Only the one who tries will know. ;)

12 Days of Frostfell
    On the ninth day of Frostfell our dear Guides gave to us
    Nine piglets squealing
    Eight cakes now baking
    Seven axe collectors
    Six vengeful spirits
    Five dragon friends
    Four fungi caps
    Three fae lights
    Two tasty treats
    Elyshka, Kinyoubi and Dinendall like this.
  11. Bint and Teekie Member

The tenth day of twelve is here!
    To the Coldain Dwarves the cold ain't wars. The giants are. ... did that actually make any sense?
    Puns aside, the Coldain certainly don't like giants. Not many other races do actually, so when someone ask you to defeat several of them, most people tend to agree wholeheartedly.
    But what if there's a different way to handle this conflict? What if all their stomping actually is their way of politely greeting people since they can't really shake hands with us? And what if people always misinterpret this as them attacking you, which would mean this whole conflict is nothing more than a simple misunderstanding?

What if I'm just completely wrong and they just love the squishy and squeaky sounds we make when they stomp and squeeze us? Who knows?

12 Days of Frostfell
    On the tenth day of Frostfell our dear Guides gave to us
    Ten giants stomping
    Nine piglets squealing
    Eight cakes now baking
    Seven axe collectors
    Six vengeful spirits
    Five dragon friends
    Four fungi caps
    Three fae lights
    Two tasty treats
    Elyshka and Kinyoubi like this.
  12. Bint and Teekie Member

The eleventh day is here!
    Have you ever had your future told? Were you told you'd find a great treasure? Or maybe how you'd eventually defeat a mighty foe? Maybe even about some terrible event which would happen unless you did something about it?

Brrr, sometimes I feel like you'd be better off not knowing at all.
    However are fortunes always meant to happen, as if bound by fate? Or do you think you can change/realize them by your own actions, as if they'd just be one possible future among many others?

If questions like these were easy we wouldn't need to ponder about them. Though I can give you all one fortune which is bound to be true:
    The last day will be tomorrow. ;)

See you then!

12 Days of Frostfell
    On the eleventh day of Frostfell our dear Guides gave to us
    Eleven fortune tellers
    Ten giants stomping
    Nine piglets squealing
    Eight cakes now baking
    Seven axe collectors
    Six vengeful spirits
    Five dragon friends
    Four fungi caps
    Three fae lights
    Two tasty treats
    Elyshka and Kinyoubi like this.
  13. Bint and Teekie Member

The twelfth and final day is here!
    Those Orcs, or rather those baby Orcs sure are such sweet angels. Don't you agree?
    What? You mean I'm dead wrong and those Orcs are horrible little beasts who can't stand still for three seonds? And that they eventually blame you for everything they did wrong? Well ... that's also true, depending on who you ask that is. Sure, any adventurer would probably say the same thing about them being terrible misbehavers. However if you'd ask another Orc, their actions might just be exactly what they consider good behavior. Per Orc standards that is.

So next time you meet a bunch of energetic Orclings again, consider how they think of us from their own perspective. Maybe you could try and act like an Orc yourself for a day. Help prepare the Orcs for whatever the future has in store for them! By sword and honor! :)

This marks the end of my song, The 12 Days of Frostfell in dedication to the Guides of Everquest 2, as well as my little chats with you all. Thank you all for reading and a BIG thanks to the Guides for giving us all such memorial events every week, even if we might not see you every time.
    Of course I won't forget the players who makes these great events even more awesome, as there's equal fun interacting with the Guides as interacting with each others. Thank you everyone for making Everquest 2 a delightful game to spend time in!

This is Bint and Teekie ending the song by giving you the final verse. Enjoy!

12 Days of Frostfell
    On the twelfth day of Frostfell our dear Guides gave to us
    Twelve orcs behaving
    Eleven fortune tellers
    Ten giants stomping
    Nine piglets squealing
    Eight cakes now baking
    Seven axe collectors
    Six vengeful spirits
    Five dragon friends
    Four fungi caps
    Three fae lights
    Two tasty treats
    And the best time of the whole year
  14. Guide Norika Guide

Hey Bint and Teekie.... is it possible that I could borrow your song to sing at the next Frostfell Party in 2015? Yeah, I know, it's almost a whole year away.... but this is so cute! You did so well matching the syllables to the actual song! And all the funny little comments had me smiling so big.

Maybe I could even ask a player ahead of time if they would not mind singing it for the party! Wouldn't that be cute? If you came to the party, you could sing it, how amazing would that be?

/em crosses her fingers and hopes that permission will be given to share this adorable song!
    Merriel likes this.
  15. Bint and Teekie Member

Heya Norika!
    Of course you may borrow the song for the next Frostfell! As a matter of fact, anyone who wish to may borrow the song for whatever occasion you can think of. I'd be more than happy if even more people get to listen to this song, so go ahead and spread the cheer!

We'll see what'll be sung and by who by the time the next Frostfell arrives. ;)
    Dinendall likes this.