Is there a DDoS attack going on?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Dulcenia, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detor Active Member

If you search for H1Z1 you'll see a ton of comments from SOE to H1Z1 players and they say that basically H1Z1 has something like 200 servers, and the servers are interacting with the login servers in a way they weren't expecting because they've never had a game with ~200 servers before. Basically, as long as H1Z1 is buggy - none of their other games will work right since it's all using the same login infrastructure on the back end and H1Z1 is flooding the login server with data. Now, granted, H1Z1 is in beta, so it's expected to be buggy, but they really need to separate it so that it can't hurt all their other games.

H1Z1 is already requiring you go through Steam, so it isn't like H1Z1 needs to go through SOE login servers. Once H1Z1 is open to All Access subscribers sure - at that point, it'd need to be integrated into the regular login server. Until then it seems it would make more sense to keep it on it's own servers so when it has bugs like this it doesn't drag down all their other games.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Oh for the love of gods can't even read updates on the forums, this is really getting stupid, you guys have to have an inkling about what is bringing everything to a screeching halt here.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feldon like this.
  3. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Effectively shutting down every other game (for going-on-24-hours now) to run a beta test is rather unfair to all your paying customers.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Like they didn't PLAN for the H1Z1 alpha release, maybe? Messing up every other game just for that goes way beyond bad planning.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Slap the Firewall down HARD on H1Z1 accessing EQ2 servers. Those guys should lose the tips of thier fingers at least for not pre-planning and getting enough (even RENTED for crying out loud) gear to support the initial release of the Alpha.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

7. Linolil eQuorian New Member

I have a couple of dumb question.
    1. Why hasn't someone from SOE bothered to tell us that h1z1 may be a contributing factor?
    2. Why is the primary update related message talking about "scheduled" outages?

A little communications can go a long way. I am just glad I am currently able to reach the forums. That implies progress.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

And they continue to investigate...at least I hope the heck they are, because it isn't fixed yet. Oh, and did you pull out the upper incisors on all your hamsters? They seem to be missing necessary teeth for cracking open seeds. How the heck can they run the servers if they can't eat?!
  10. Prrasha Well-Known Member

The forums are still "403 Forbidden" frequently. So I assume the logins are still busted. Can we cut H1Z1 free from the rest of the servers so those of us not beta-testing can play this weekend?

And Smed's twitter says H1Z1 players are getting refunds. How about the folks who have been paying you for a decade rather than a day? Anything in it for us?
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've actually been able to get into game fairly reliably today, despite the continued forum issues.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Awkk like this.
  12. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Cool. Hopefully that continues when people start getting home from work and logging in in larger numbers.
  13. Charlice Well-Known Member

Watcha talkin' about Feldon!

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feldon like this.
  14. SOE-MOD-17 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.