150% XP isn't

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Avithax, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadshades New Member

oh and I have healed tanks in there with the handcrafted gear lvl 95 its messy but doable just not as fun on a fury to actually heal hard, instead of heal through nuking hard :p
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Except "yellow malice gem piece" isn't in the sig line, I haven't seen a piece of it yet. Where does it even drop?
  3. Avithax Well-Known Member

So again my question would be "Why" does msssion XP get the bonus but the Sig line doesn't? You have to be a certain level to even pick up those quests to run missions so where does SOE expect us to go? Seems to me they're supporting HKC and not the Sig line for lev 95-98 which contradicts their stance of wanting players to do current content.

I'm not asking for a nerfbat to other areas of gaining xp, it just would be nice to have the same xp bonus for running the latest Sig line.
    Kraeref likes this.
  4. Skitterfast Well-Known Member

/sigh

I Logged in with Skitterfast last night to look for the means to disable XP, and was immediately hit with 90 AA. So much for actually earning anything in this game. Might as well just issue everyone their full 320 AA's at level 10.
  5. ColorsFade Active Member

Yellow gemmed gear drops from the Advanced Solo instances in AoM. You need to be level 98 to enter them (so you, Coldmetal, can do them right now). They are easily done for a Paladin with a healer merc (even easier if you have the CE merc who puts out good DPS). They will go faster if you have another real person teammate, however. I do these with anyone in my guild, doesn't matter the class. It helps people get gear and Ferrins.

Don't slap on the first piece of equipment you get from the Advacned Solos zones, however. If it's not a H/Mitigation piece, then use the cannibalizer (from the vendor in Phantom Sea) and convert the armor piece into Yellow Shards. You use the yellow shards to purchase the same yellow gemmed armor pieces from the vendors in PS. Each armor piece will give up a certain number of shards (1-4) depending on the slot. Sometimes you can run an Advanced Solo and get lucky and get the HP/Mitigatin piece. Sometimes you need to run a few, use a cannibalizer, and buy the right piece from the vendor. But it won't take too long to get fully geared in yellow gemmed armor. As you do the AS zones, you'll also acquire all the Ferrins you need to actually gem the gear.

You don't have to play a spreadsheet. But you do have to make an effort to learn the gear progression path, what AoM offers to the players, and your options for upgrades. Yellow gemmed gear is a start. I see your gear from your sig and your'e also missing several adornments and it doesn't look like you've reforged anything. So there are things you can do to continue to improve your toon.

And get yourself in a friendly, helpful, good guild :) Because "not being allowed" into a group in HKC is lame.
    HaphazardAllure and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

Coldmetal. I don't know your other toons, but if their gear is similar to your Paladins, then you've only got yourself to blame. You have no pride in your gear or any attempt to make yourself into a viable tank, even at the gear tier you're at.

You have probably got a reputation on Guk that you're no good as a tank, just like you have a reputation on here for spouting everything is designed for raiders and not "mere mortals".

You're wearing quest gear, ok, get a tank set. Get %HP on something. You have half the HP of any normal tank, and these aren't raiders. You can buy all the different sets from the vendor in PS once you've done the questline. Get mitigation set and potency/hp set at a minimum.

You need to get some good tank purples (bolstered attributes and endurance). Run ToV advanced solos for them. Run them a lot. I did in ToV to get mine. All 3 of my tanks have them and most of my other 7 toons have one or both also. You have to put in a bit of effort. You can't complain that everythings too hard to do when all you do is the solo timelines each xpac.

Your gear needs adorning also, and you need to reforge. 500+ haste but 31 MA and under 400dps mod is not good, even without having a spreadsheet surely you can see that. Purple dps mod adorns from ToV will be dirt cheap and help you get your stats up.

Like I said, you've got to put in some effort or you will get overlooked for someone who does care about how they perform. It's no different in real life too by the way - work, relationships/dating, it's all the same.
    Deveryn, Malleria, Tylia and 3 others like this.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

Excellent post Regolas, but i'm sure it will get blown away as "non-constructive".
  8. Llwellyn Active Member

I aborted a reply yesterday that was similar to Regolas' because I couldn't de-crapify it. While his is still a bit on the harsh side, it's full of helpful information on how to improve in a hurry. Thumbs up.
    Feldon likes this.
  9. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

So I am supposed to run last expansions solo zones ad nauseam 'maybe get the items' to prep for this expansions solo zones?

I understand the advice. Although I haven't seen a purple rune drop yet, I just see a different problem that you do apparently. Running the signature quest line should be step 1 that preps me for step 2 and it doesn't seem to flow that way. Even your advice is 'go back and do all these old zones' A LOT. meh, not really interested in that.

There aren't enough people on Guk to have a reputation. Appreciate the info, but this character is just for soloing I used to try and get into running zones, but not anymore. Mostly I just move stuff out of the guild hall so I can shut it down one of these days. Enjoy your expansion.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

You could run the advanced solos from AoM in the gear from the AoM sig gear.. you just need to exchange the quest peices for the mit/max health equivalents and run with either a merc or for better/quicker results another player. You can get the new war rune crafted this expansion, no need to hope for random drops.
    Feldon likes this.
  11. Llwellyn Active Member

The purples don't drop - you need to run the missions to earn etyma, so you can buy them (and you get to buy the ones you want this way). Just like with the AoM purples - you need the ferrins from running missions to buy the AoM runes. If the issue is that you don't have the proper gear to run current tier heroics or advanced solos - the solution is indeed to run the last tier ones because they are a cakewalk in current gear. Also, some of the purple ToV runes should be available on the broker for plat as well, so running any content that generates plat will help you get geared appropriately. Again, some of the AoM ones are also (I think?) but at a much higher cost.

It comes down to this - an empty slot gives you no benefit. Having the wrong equipment or equipment with the wrong stats gives you no benefit. Having something from the previous tier with the right stats with full slots gives you a benefit, and requires much less risk (and effort) than current content. While it may not be as outright fun, it is a valid and productive use of your time, and it is a worthwhile investment that only needs to be made once, as it's a progressive thing.

The other thing that wasn't mentioned, and what I was going to mention in my post yesterday, is to take a very good look at your AA and prestige setups. Make sure they are useful and relevant for the way you plan to have your gear set up and for the content you are going to be running (and the role you are playing). Remember that we have three AA layouts (with the ability to save and load to disk at will, even) and the ability to swap between them whenever you are out of combat. If you are swapping between tanking and DPS - you should not be sitting in the same AA spec all the time. It's literally a million HP or so difference on a tank class between a DPS-optimized AA tree and a tanking-optimized one once gear is taken into account. That doesn't even account for any of the rest of the stat and skill differences.

You also don't have to spend every waking moment working on this type of thing - but you can't just sit there and handwave it all away forever. If you do, you will just keep getting further and further behind and become even more frustrated and disappointed with the game. That is something that no one wants to see happen to another player. I don't have a specific opinion about you (we haven't interacted in game - not being on the same server), but wanting someone else to quit the game (or worse) isn't something I even wish on the players (or posters) I grow to disagree with. I want everyone to be able to keep playing, because it means we all will be able to keep playing.
    Regolas and Feldon like this.
  12. Tylia Well-Known Member

Regolas gave you a LOT of good (and helpful) advice outside of running ToV zones for purple runes. You just decided to focus on that alone and brush the rest of his post off. There have been numerous helpful posts directed to you in this thread, and you choose to throw them all to the wayside so you can complain that everything is for "the cool kids". There is nothing stopping you from becoming one of those "cool kids" you love to bemoan. You just have to put forth the effort and be smart about it. You've been given all the tools in the game, and all the instructions in this thread, so stop pouring vinegar in your cheerios and crying about it, and get out there and have FUN playing the game!
  13. SOE-MOD-17 Member

Locking this, as it has become non-constructive.
    Rotherian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.