GRAND OPENING: The Gigglegibber Frostfell Mall

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Galldora, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Galldora Well-Known Member

At long last, The Gigglegibber Frostfell Mall is complete. The mall has been besieged with construction complications and catastrophes since groundbreaking nearly two and a half years ago, but I'm happy to say the most glaringly obvious problems have been solved and we're ready to open for visitors. So come join us for a gigglin' good time!

First, we'll pass through the frozen goblin gauntlet and into the rainbow tree room. Hopefully someone will have turned on the trees, but there's a lot of pretty glitters and reflections even when the lights on the trees are out.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Next we go down the Hall of Ice Giants, and then let's stop to see the caroling snowmen, while the big tree renders...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Moving on to the Big Frostfell tree. Some of you may remember there were major problems with the tree last Frostfell and the Giggglegibber construction crew got so frustrated they burned the sucker to the ground. This year they came up with a new idea for the big tree. BTW, note the igloo situated behind the tree. We'll go there at the end of our tour.

[IMG]

Next, up the stairs to see Santa Glug!

[IMG]

Are you getting hungry? Let's visit Yummyjummy's Bakery before heading over to the Plushie Palace.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Have you wondered how many snowglobes there are in Norrath? Toots can tell you, as he has all of them except one in his Snowglobe and Music Box Store.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

What would Frostfell be without fashions? Vintage Frostfell Fashions features some favorite old holiday wear, as well as many newer styles.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now let's go visit Lemonlyme's Baubleshop and look at all the pretty decorations.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Continued below:
    Shmogre, Afakulru, Tierisch and 4 others like this.
  2. Galldora Well-Known Member

That was fun, but I'm getting hungry again. Let's go check out Antonia's -- it looks like a nice place for dinner.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And now that we're all stuffed with our dinners, it's time to visit Bristlebane's Sugar-Filled Bouncy Bounce Room, in the igloo behind the big tree. Oh...and watch out for that Ogre over there.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Please come by and join us! The Gigglegibber Frostfell Mall is posted on the housing boards on the Freeport server. It can also be accessed in South Qeynos as Galldora's Felwith Mansion.
  3. Charlice Well-Known Member

totally fabulous! I must visit.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Lizabethan Active Member

Just got back from visiting - this was so cool! I especially LOVED the handmade tree of Dogwood Shrubs. Great job!
  5. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Holy moley that's awesome! Wonderland!!
  6. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

That is amazing!!
  7. Niboota Well-Known Member

That looks great!!! :D
  8. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

wow! this is awesome! I gotta see this in person. :D
  9. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Wow, this came out so cute! I can't wait to visit : )
  10. Galldora Well-Known Member

THANKS, you guys! I''m so happy you like the mall. I always like to work with The Gigglegibbers. Even though it calls for a lot of patience, they're great for giggles. o_O I hope you'll all come by when you get a chance.

All of the house actors have dialogue, btw. Some, you have to get pretty close before you can hear them -- like the girl at the stove in the bakery and the ogre behind the tree.

It has been brought to my attention that it's difficult to read the text in the book about the Frostfell music boxes in the screenshot I posted. Sorry, wasn't meaning to cause headaches from eyestrain. This is what the book says:

A COLLECTION OF FROSTFELL MUSIC BOXES
    FROM THE EARLY DAYS OF LONG AGO
    by Frostfellore

This set of cherished antique music boxes was awarded by Gardy Giftgiver in Qeynos Harbor and in The City of Freeport during the Frostfell celebration of 2005.

The gift of the music boxes is remembered fondly by decorators and house item enthusiasts throughout Norrath. Some old-timers recall that the occasion was marked by an overwhelming sense of excitement -- and more than just a touch of angst as well.

Because...well, today it may be difficult to understand the mindset of the early settlers who were the recipients of this lavish gift. Today, Norrathians are blessed with an astonishing bounty of beautiful items for their homes, but the recipients of the music boxes were survivors of the storms of The Shattering.

They had all-too-recently been refugees cast upon the decks of the Far Journey, with nothing but their tattered undersuits to call their own. In a world where survival was much less certain and goods were precious indeed, very few resources were being "squandered" on beautiful house items.

Decorators were forced to "make do" with what they had, and so they learned to see the beauty in things such as a pile of grinnin bones, or a dish filled with shards of pink stone.

And so, when rumors began to circulate that Gardy was giving each celebrant several different music boxes, oh my, the decorators were beside themselves!

On one hand, they were so very excited to receive these items of wondrous beauty such as they had not witnessed in recent memory.

But on the other hand, no one could be quite sure exactly how many different music boxes there were, or how Gardy was deciding which box to give to which recipient on any given day. Would everyone receive each of these lovely boxes? Were there any rare boxes that only a few very lucky individuals would get?

So, you see, there were many uncertainties to worry over, and more than just a few tears were shed as all around Gardy the hopeful giftees awaited their daily gifts. To hear some of the chatter, one might have thought the decorators were unhappy rather than overjoyed.

One little Halfling, it is recalled, was heard to cry out as if in pain and then fall to the ground sobbing when she didn't receive a Rivervale Shanty music box for the fifth day in a row, although her best fried had received one on the very first day of Frostfell!

All over Norrath, scenes of this nature played out as the decorating crowd sorted out the particulars of the amazing music box gift. (Meanwhile, for the most part, non-decorators such as raiders and other adventurous types were not sure what all the fuss was about. After all, the music boxes were just house items, obviously useless in the fight against evil -- or good.)

Ultimately, the music box lovers found that Gardy was most generous indeed with his boxes. He had plenty of each variety to give to everyone who wanted them, so no one had to miss out on anything.

The music boxes were tradeable, too. It was possible to amass an enormous horde of boxes, should one so desire -- and many did. In fact, so many music boxes flooded Norrath during Frostfell 2005 that, even today, music boxes are frequently spotted on the broker or in someone's home sales crate.

Yes, it was a wonderful gift, in a wondrous long-ago time..

:)
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Jexi Well-Known Member

This is fantastic! Love that bakery with the candy seats.
  12. pumancat Well-Known Member

Very Cool!
  13. Lera Well-Known Member

Love it! Very festive, and I love the story about the music boxes. I wish they'd bring them back.
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Katz Well-Known Member

Wow! I will have to visit this. It looks amazing in the screenshots!
  15. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

This turned out wonderfully! Lot's of adorable touches!
  16. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I have YET to be able to get one of those "Snow-Makers"! Do different servers have different items?? Cause I have also noiticed . . I went to Guk server and visited the Frostfell Inn there and the "Innkeeper" had blankets and pillows that I could NOT find on the broker on SPLITPAW. They are called . . Mottiepie?? I don't remember . . just that one was definately a blanket and when I looked for a blanket on Splitpaw it came up EMPTY.
    I WANT A SNOWMACHINE!!! (my chacter on TEST got one! The first and only gift she got! Whay can't I get one on Splitpaw???)
  17. Jumjumbandito Active Member

18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Because it's from a Guide quest as a reward (Lost Frostfell Gifts), and it's really tough trying to get Guides to any other server than Test, which has NPCs instead, so that every quest can be tested properly. :-/

But there is a Guide forum here that folks often use to "advertise" when someone might show up to one of the servers, and many servers are stickied on their "bulletin boards."

And the Matoppie stuff is from high-level crafting recipes, but since the Pro7 disaster deal, I've had a hard time finding a lot of folks there any more (other than my guildies in Casual Adventurers; drop us a line! :D), so the Broker's kind of sparse. Matoppie is, I think, a common material (level 90-99, according to EQ2 Furniture), and there's a book for the bedding recipes (level 90 Artisan, so anyone can make 'em) from the level 95 quest, A Harrowing Tale (Tradeskill), started by Baelfang in Obol Plains (again, from EQ2 Furniture; even Uwk's not up there quite yet).

Uwk
  19. Khraezi New Member

the Matoppie blankets and pillows are Crafted from Recipes for Matoppie Bedding (recipe rewarded from [95] A Harrowing Tale (Tradeskill), started by Baelfang in Obol Plains).