Walking in a Frostfell Wonderland!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I trued it twice . . . I got the 5th cube and then I had to find #6. I was like . . 6??! How many of these are there??? And then time ran out. Only 3 minutes guys?? Really??!! It takes me 3 minutes to FIND one anfter being blown away from them all the time.
    I gave up! I'll stick with the candy one in Antonica!
  2. ITPalg Member

When I am doing races in other games, there are clear indicators of where to go (Firefall's recent special LGV event races, Defiance's archway lights, etc).

I fully expected some sort of indicator at least. I don't expect to have to stop and look around on where to go in a timed race.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Uwk, you're a Zerker kitty...you don't need to be endangering others during the holiday.

Hmm...somehow, "Grandma got run over by the Zerker-cat-from-Crushbone, walking home from Frostfell, Christmas Eve..." doesn't have quite have the same ring to it ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Juraiya like this.
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, it's a game for the young-uns. I certainly don't have the reflexes for it. :)
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Yeah, and the claws act like ice cleats, apparently; I try to run myself, and wind up with the opposite problem from the old days (where we hardly ever stopped): coming to a dead halt within a few steps. Not exactly racing material, so /shrug... ;->

On the other hand, I can fly now, but I don't think that would help the racing? Or is that the ONLY thing that would? :-|

Uwk
    Kittybock likes this.
  6. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I will have to try the race, I've just been rundown by others, thus far ;)

On the new timed quests throughout AoM, I am the epitome of a good sport, so...I try them. Lol. these timed things, omg....I personally believe that as soon as someone accepts one of the timed quest events, an alert goes off, gives the SOE guys time to grab popcorn and heckle from behind the pc monitor or maybe it's recorded for later Dev enjoyment...as no one can really complete those things the first time. :)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, don't even get me started on the old "have to get a griffin egg" bits from Thundering Steppes and Nektulos...I had to wonder what was worse: WoW's system of "you have to walk the entire route between travel stations before you can use them for travel" (??? :confused:) or our "you got the egg from the most dangerous areas in the zones we could think of to place them, and now you're running back, with seconds to spare and your equipment durability down to 40%--ah! Hahahahaha! There goes the Griffin Trainer, sinking below the deck level! HAHAHAHAHAHA! And /target isn't helping at all!! ROFLOAO!!!! [Rolling On the Floor, Laughing Our @$$3$ Off] Only thing that'll get him back up for you is /camping to yourself...but if you do that, you'll negate the quest and have to start all over again!! /loud thuds of bodies hitting the ground and much giggling"

Granted, you can still do the quests if you want, but it isn't necessary any more to use the travel systems there, thank the gawds (wonder what we'd need to do for the horse systems? Or the Nightmares in Loping Plains...brr...come to think, maybe I don't want to keep speculating...)...and I can't remember what, if anything, you get for finishing it. Maybe coins or something. :-/

Uwk
    Kittybock likes this.
  8. Kittybock Well-Known Member

hahaha, exactly. Well...at least you just fail the quest, it's not dramatic. Like the sky goes dark, thunder booms and the poor quest giver starts shaking, then explodes into a gelatinous mess that splashes your screen, because you failed him. Umm, well that would be kinda' cool though ;)
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would! ;->

Server the bugger right, too, for not being where I needed him. On the other hand, that seems to have been fixed, finally. :-/

Uwk
    who wouldn't mind doing the quest nowadays if there was something cool as a reward, like a mini-griffin house pet or the mini-griffin tower replica, but usually just ignores it :-/
  10. Kittybock Well-Known Member

They would. Folks still go back and deal with Qho. I seriously think Raffik may be related, j/s.

Speaking of cool rewards, though I guess it's not actually a quest, I'd received some nifty cinder antlers (I think that was the name), from Santa Glug, though that toon already had a set of "reindeer ears" He is handing out some cool things these days ;)

Now....if he would only hand me Alberich the Wise. Yep, Santa...that would rock. I've been a good girl.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hehe I'm not so very young, but I actually love the candy chase on the ice. Not only have I gotten the achievement on nearly all my characters on my primary account, but I've also gotten one of the house pets for running it five times. Love the house pet, btw! I'll have plenty of these house pets on BB.

The track never changes, it's always the same. I have posted these hints on another thread somewhere but I'll post them again here:

• When doing the chase, use a ground mount (for speed).
    • Jump a lot, especially to change directions.
    • Cross land when you can.
    • If you do hit one of the presents that bounce you, try and use that to your advantage to fly towards the next cube.
    • Count each cube as you go through them, making mental notes as to which direction the next cube is in, so you know when you need to turn right or left, etc.
    If you are able to make it to the last cube before the clock runs out, but you want the achievement, skip that last cube and start over again, and keep practicing until you know you will have a full minute left on the clock before grabbing that last cube. Keep your quest helper on and make sure the countdown appears on your screen so you can see it while you're running the chase. :)