Walking in a Frostfell Wonderland!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Sylvain Member

You could make another character on that server.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Sylvain Member

Everything you wanted to know about Frostfell 2014 but were afraid to ask ... well I suppose you did just ask.

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Frostfell_(EQ2_Live_Event)

I was too disappointed over the DM that I just purchased with my 3 months of saving subscription SC, being cut to enjoy Frostfell today. Even so I have a code of honor to help others.

*Looks at SOE Krampus* :confused:
  3. Nantoh Member

Thank you vm.
  4. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Thanks, Feldon, you are always a great help. What I'd meant was: who took down the decorations in the GH last year and which items were no-trade (like the reindeer plushy).

That said, the quest helper is awesome, as I am sending an alt after an additional reindeer plushy :D

A note to the Devs: OMG, thank you for the Poinsettias...making lots of those, whee!

Happy Frostfell,

Kitty
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

Ah. That sounds tricky to track!
  6. Shiba Active Member

Nice to know I'm not the only one...
  7. Nantoh Member

A city banker is also kidnapped into hideout.
    City guards appeared to be lazy.
  8. Nantoh Member

By the way,for the case I cast a goblin illusion by the totem,I couldn't enter this festival restricted instance.
    Could only enter bristlebane instance.
  9. Nantoh Member

Nm,that was wrong. I didn't accept the quest in the city when I attempted to confirm this.doh.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ackphth!
    ::spits out snow, shivers, looks around for a nearby convenient bucket of 20 of 'em...winds up...BAM!::
    Juraiya and Kittybock like this.
  11. Breezy New Member

Sorry, I'm slow...

How do you use this? Do I just mark off the ones I have completed? Or, the times, so that I can do the repeatables more efficiently?
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Basically, it's just like an Excel thing; what I do with mine in Excel (or any other spreadsheet) is just list my characters, usually going across, and the quests, usually going down, and either say "yes" or "2014" (or whatever year I finished something in), or "have" or whatever. Up to you. ;->

If you want to mark down times, too, that's up to you. Be as organized (or un-, if you're like me ;->) as you want! :)

Uwk
    Merriel and Kittybock like this.
  13. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd use it more like a roadmap to find out what I wanted to do. I enjoy doing the quests on various toons, I am not nearly as organized as Uwk, lol, I sometimes have to log to char select to remember my baby toons names. Hahaha, because we all have found out at some point that /camp warden does not work ;) However, I do like to know which quests offer specific rewards, such as the reindeer plushy or perhaps more lighting options for your tree, etc.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! That last is always useful!

Also, I'm finding, to my dismay, that not all the quests you've done actually show up in the Completed Quests section (under World Events); "A Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done..." for instance, shows up for every time you've done it, though it's like infinitely repeatable (and tedious, and time-consuming, and dangerous, depending on what level you get it, and...), and the one following, "Feelin' Gifty..." is a lot more fun, over with more quickly and smoothly, and can only be ever done once... :( And it's not listed in the Completed Quests section. :-/

EDIT: Ah! I take back all I said about "A Gigglegibber's Work..."; it can be Chronomaged down! Definitely makes things a lot faster. ;-> Still want "Feelin' Gifty" to show up in the Completed Quests tab. ;->

Uwk
    Kittybock likes this.
  15. Kittybock Well-Known Member

What I want to find...*jots down on wish list* would be a quest that follows the additional lights for Frostfell Trees, that allows you to turn ALL LIGHTS on to same setting at once, in a house or GH ;) Ooh, better yet...a quest that allows you to have them Always On...woot!
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

I want the Santa Glug plushie to come back. So sad to learn I won't be able to get one...other than the one I purchased off the broker. :(
  17. Juraiya Well-Known Member

@Merriel, you can get a purple Santa Glug plushie from the Grump quest. It's not the regular one, I know, but it's something. Maybe that's something they can consider bringing back for the Frostfell vendors.

@Uwk, it's good to know I'm not the ONLY one out there with 50 characters and doing elaborate spreadsheets. :) I have spreadsheets for everything for my characters; Frostfell has its own tab each year in my spreadsheet. (Yeah, OCD.)

For those who can't remember all of their baby toon names... write them down, then figure out what order you want to do them in, and create a macro for each character and put it on your hotbar that does /camp character_name for the next one on the list. Makes it easy to get them all and you won't miss any of them. :) I do this for my daily tradeskill apprentice quests. (I have 36 level 95+ crafters.) Means I will never forget to do one.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm glad I'M not alone in that! :D

Uwk
    Juraiya likes this.
  19. ITPalg Member

My first two attempts at this race made me think, "eh, I have little interest in trying this effort of frustration".

The first time was, "eh, what the hell am I supposed to be doing? I can't even find where I am supposed to be going???!!".
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The Candy Cane race thing in Frostfell Village? Yeah, I've seen people running about on the ice for it; have been nearly run over on numerous occasions, so now my alts look both ways before crossing the freeways. :-/

Everything I've heard about it sounds really frustrating, so I won't even bother; I've got lots of quests to run my lowbs through without trying it. :-/

Uwk
    Kittybock likes this.