Please bring back Child's Play items

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lizabethan, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Lizabethan Active Member

Hi guys,

For a few years, SOE helped out Child's Play (which donates toys and games to sick children in hospitals) by introducing SC items that gave some proceeds to the charity. I myself was a sick child who had many hospital stays, and I can tell you that distractions are essential to help you cope. When you're getting poked and prodded and dealing with scary what-if situations, a new stuffed animal (or copy of Call of Duty, I don't judge!) takes your mind off your troubles for a bit. If you're a gamer who's dealing with medical issues right now, you know that distracting yourself with games helps you get through.

I know you haven't done this event in a few years, but I think it's time to bring it back. We did wonderful things with Extra Life, and now I'm humbly requesting we end the year with another good deed. :)

- Lizabethan
    Aranedhel and Griff like this.
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Anything that can make a sick child smile is a good thing!
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

+1 to this.

So many different ways this game could involve charity more.

Why not do a Player Studio themed submission, with all proceeds going to charity? I'm pretty sure a lot of the people making PS items would contribute willingly.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Oh, YES! There are so many talented designers making stuff for SoE I bet one could even make an animated dancing teddy bear or something.
  5. Lizabethan Active Member

I know it's a bit late to ask for a brand-new item to be made for Child's Play, but I was thinking maybe they could take one of the already-slated SC items for this year's Frostfell and do a recolor / add the logo?
  6. Deago Well-Known Member

Create a super cool mercenary. Toss it on SC for a limited time and donate the funds (if not all at least some) to the chairty?

Everybody is happy ! :p
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Not fast enough, can you have one designed for next year?
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

A few years ago I walked into a humane society that was in a donated area due to a fire and loss off many animals. They were still operating in donated space and doing everything they could for any animal they could help. I walked out with some pocket pets....who got a HUGE cage once I got them home.

It isn't only the humans who need help. Just give where you can and what you can. And never feel guilty. Even a /hug can be a gift.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

We can't make animations. Though thanks for the compliment to the PS Artists. It would have to depend on what was needed.
  10. Llwellyn Active Member

Yes - and that's a shame... because after seeing the SOE-designed animated cloaks - and then seeing (and I think buying one of) the incredibly awesome Player Studio cloaks - I'd probably go broke if PS could do animated cloaks. Even though you only really need ONE cloak per character... or two... :D
    Aranedhel likes this.
  11. Lizabethan Active Member