Savage Entanglers

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Lizabethan, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Lizabethan Active Member

For the quest Naylie's Nebulous Newsies (which is the new AoM guide quest), we're having several bugs with the Savage Entanglers, the octopi needed for the ink step.

- You have to be in Phantom Sea 1 for this. Phantom Sea 2, 3, etc. are bugged and may or may not spawn these mobs (we've been having this issue since beta with the multiple instances).

- There are spawns in the Tranquil Sea with the same name, but they don't have a feather or update the quest. When a hundred people rush to get the quest at once (no joke - I sat there for two nights and watched about a hundred people, maybe more, get this thing), we need the mobs in the Tranquil Sea to be pulling their weight, not just those in the Phantom Sea.

- Speaking of more spawns, we need more Entanglers or a faster respawn, please. This is especially true in Phantom Sea.

- Several people are trying to have high level friends kill the Entanglers and their low-level alts in low-level guilds tag along for status. This is rough because of how close you have to be to get kill credit; please increase the "credit" radius, or make their AOE interruptable, something so the lowbies can survive for 12 fights.

It's been bug reported and sent to the Seniors (Elders?), but we'll try a dev response here.

Thanks!
    Quillyne likes this.
  2. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I'm doing this right now. I found 4 in the waters around Naylie's island and can't find anymore. I've been all around the other islands then I sat in one spot where I had killed one earlier and killed all the fish that spawned around me and all I'm getting is more fish. So if the fish are placeholders, they are still too rare of a spawn. It's late, no one else appears to be doing it but me and I still haven't seen one in over an hour.
  3. dingoPboy New Member

You can cut the hunting down to about 20 minutes what i did was pick a spot where alot of spawns are sitting and just killed them all theres maybe a minute respawn so it takes no time to kill the next ph or the quest mob i never counted the time personally. Best spot i found was near the dino island dock a water spout with about 9 spawns sits directly south west below the dock you can get all 12 if your very lucky after every Ph kill.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

Thats the way it was for me... so I took a break, did other stuff then went back later. Had no issues then.
  5. IddyBear New Member

Destroy everything in the area, this part of the quest took maybe 10 minutes.
  6. Lizabethan Active Member

With the update that doubled spawn, Iddy? Good.