Levels: are we done at 100?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Meirril, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'm starting this discussion early. Would EQ2 benefit from adding more levels in the future, or just stopping at 100?

I'm of the thought that 100 should be it. 100 levels is more than enough to ask anybody to grind through to start actually playing the end-game. 100 is a nice round number. SoE has made noise in the past that adding levels causes technical issues, and devoting more time to working with what they have now might save enough dev time to work on addressing other mechanics issues.

I'm not saying there should be no further advancement for characters. We'll still have AA and prestige abilities that could be added by quest progress/experience earned rather than levels. I'm just saying that once you reach 100 you only need to work on adding the fine touches to your character and cut down on the amount of catch up you need to work on before you can play with all the old timers.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

You'll get my agreement that there is no need to add levels, but it is pretty clear they plan to do another 5 levels at the least.
  3. pzpz Active Member

I predict 7 more expansions covering 5 more levels.
  4. Hijinx Well-Known Member

Is there really much difference in trading one form of advancement for another?
  5. jessejames Active Member

i don't see any more level increases. SOE would probably want to wait an expansion or two before that and with the severely declining population I can't see this game making it too much longer. This expansion feels dead
  6. Elinea Well-Known Member

I'm sure there will be at least one more bump up in level, as the status items you can turn in show that it will add status a guild under level 105.
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Also, the crafting filter window has levels up to 105, and the broker advanced search pre-fills 110 as the max level. Interesting.
  8. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

The pattern since KoS has generally been 2 expansions per level cap, so it's likely we won't see a level increase for at least a year and a half. Beyond that, who knows.
    Mizgamer62, Deveryn and Wirewhisker like this.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

If the TS and Adventure leveling in 101-105 is going to be like 96-100, then NO THANKS.
    Naramsin, Flatline, Alenna and 10 others like this.
  10. Charlice Well-Known Member

Holy mother of Norrath I hope not, although I have to admit AoM is far from my favourite expansion.
    Mobs and status items at 105 still works with a max level of 100.

Surely they could just start adding more content to end level rather than adding on yet another grind. My interest is rapidly declining now with such minimal return for hours of button pressing. I am really not sure I could do it again. It's honestly starting to feel like a chore.
    Of course crashing EVERY SINGLE TIME I zone into Tranquil, with NO response from SoE does not help.

And please no more half tiers. I'm pretty sure that was the most ridiculous idea ever.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  11. Nolus Well-Known Member

Charlice, do you use a custom UI? I have that happen to me sometimes when I forget to update Profit UI.
  12. Charlice Well-Known Member

The crashing? Sadly or not, it's not only me. We receive an error relating to G drive of which we don't have. I should update Profit but I'm not hopeful it will fix it.
  13. Nolus Well-Known Member

Ah, just an idea. :) As to the topic. I'm good with 100, I would have been good with 90. :)
  14. Buros007 New Member

everyone has a G drive, but its not a drive, its the graphics driver card
  15. Charlice Well-Known Member

16. Pixiewrath Active Member

They increase the exp gain on lower levels to even it out everytime a new level cap is added, so I think they could just keep increasing the levels! Fun to see your character progress, and I don't want a new "stuck at 90 forever" thing that almost broke the game again.

Imagine soloing the AoM zones in 20 years while all mobs there are super weak and grey, and all your attacks do 40 million HP damage each! :D
  17. Arcos Active Member

I'll be 80 in 20 years time and if you think I'm still going to be playing ...... - oh wait I probably will :rolleyes:
    Naramsin, Mizgamer62 and Enoibia like this.
  18. Frinch Well-Known Member

Reasonably sure the plan is to make us level backward to 1 so we can take on the Fabled Down Below.
  19. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

That was a cool zone :p.
  20. Bashem Well-Known Member

While we cant turn the clock back 10 years to have a race to level 50 ;) I liked it better when they added a full tier to game so go to level 110 next expansion and just make last 2 levels slower to get and less of a grind than the 5 level method being used now. Then get full tier of adv and ts gear. With gear to continue the curve need slight better to do higher content. And give us more content to explore but more quick ports once we find new port device for that region. I tired of the having do all end game content having to fly forever to get back and forth when do delivery type quests. If the game is entertaining fighting new mobs and doing quests and TS get full tier of new items it may get my interest but only other option would be destroy would and have to start over somehow. Its kinda hard to come up with new ideas on 10 yr old game but those are my suggestions.