Scheduled Server Downtime November 20, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halanna Active Member

I will continue to quit every game that forces me to raid. I'm sick of games trying to force me into groups and content I don't enjoy and that my presence is only a source of annoyance for other players.

Forced raiding/grouping is not the way to get people to open their wallets.
  2. Vexrm Member

Yes, and since I ran through it they have upped the EXP for much of it. I was curious because it left me at almost 98 (a couple kills away).

If upping all this EXP means you are within spitting distance of 100 after you finished all the quests and the sig line I don't have much of a complaint. If you're still back at 98 and the solo zones aren't giving decent exp... well I have some complaints. I just don't have the data right now to make meaningful discussion. What I have is old and has been changed so I was looking for more current updated views of running the solo.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. arturos Active Member

yikes. what a perfect storm of PR nightmare. I wonder what the folks that have not gotten this expansion yet are saying about the dm nerf.
  4. Ratza Well-Known Member

Could have nerfed the xp in DM without going to the EXTREME...but hey...SOE never disappoints... always goes to the extreme.
  5. Juragrub New Member

It seems that every time the players have a feature that helps them play the game better, Sony nerfs it. Obviously they have no regard for the players and how they feel. Nerfing the dungeon makers was the last straw. When my subscription expires, color me gone. They won't get another dime from me gone. I have spoken with several others that will do the same. I suggest that sony fixes the the dm or start polishing their resumes. If you treat subscribers like this you won't have a subscription base for long.
  6. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Destroying game features is indeed a sad way to try pushing ppl in other directions.
    I'm not gonna rage quit or anything becuz I still love the game and the world of norrath.
    I do however wish they would have put more thought into it rather then just destroying the options.
    I understand they want to ppl to do occupy the new overland zones and give back some of the old eq2 feeling when U ran into ppl questing all the time around the world, I loved those times myself but back then I felt that quests rewarded me more. Back when the game was pretty new there were plenty of quests that awarded you with upgrades and such along the way rather then just exp and those quests actually mattered and could be challanging and interesting. Nowadays its just same old same old, easy and unrewarding. Instead of destroying and nerfing, add interesting and tempting. For me houseitems and plats aren't enough to pull my attention. The new sigline is IMO too long and too repetitive and with too boring rewards.

Instead of just house items, add options like appearance weapons/armours/non combat pets etc etc. Make them unlock special things like unique merchants selling odd things. Options is fun!!
  7. harpars Member

Agree totally, I personally dont like playing about with house decorating, but understand that others do, so many rewards are just crap house items that are meaningless to me.

A bit of different choice would have been nice this expansion.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Naramsin like this.
  8. Occam Well-Known Member

I don't think you understand what a "nerf" is.
    The shinies were not supposed to be spawning there in the first place, thus it's actually a fix.

"Two [Solo] zones were mistakenly spawning collection shinies, which have been removed."
  9. Mekdk New Member

This is a ridiculous change, 1230 with vitality + potion + 6 people in a DM per kill (300 base xp), down to 4xp per kill. Umm...who in the world comes up with the numbers behind the scenes. You take it from being tedious, especially considering the ROFLStomping you get when you zone into Brokenskull (nothing like having a named port 200+M away, then nuke you into oblivion because you can't move/heal/fight AND find where the heck she's at). Balance your game to the players, and make the players WANT to play the game. Novel concept I am sure, but I for one won't ever make another alt/character, etc if I"m going to be looking down the barrel of 100+ hours to grind/quest/contemplate hurtful things.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ihatenix like this.
  10. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Dungeon Maker was never marketed as a mega/insta power leveling tool. It was marketed as a design feature for creative players that wanted to test their hand at creating their own dungeon. The player made DM dungeons were never meant to be a replacement/or compete with developer designed dungeons as a way to gain xp or loot.
  11. SOE-MOD-17 Member

Going to go ahead and lock this now. Further constructive comments about the changes can be posted in the general game play discussion forums.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.