Just discovered SOEmote

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chilton0585, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mozil Active Member

Yeah - not really a big deal, but there seems to be a lot of confusion with people in this thread addressing the OP like they're the one in the video. Just thought I'd point it out.
  2. Chilton0585 Member

Sorry for the long no response, I have been playing like crazy!

For the record, I did NOT make that video, I simply found it on youtube and thought it was hilarious / awesome! So please do let the person who DID make it know on her youtube page :)

That said, I have been playing around with SOEmote a LOT. And its a very very very fun feature when I am RPing and standing around in my guild hall chatting, or even just running around making faces at newbies in DLW.

However, as someone here mentioned, it has a HORRIBLE time with glasses (Which I wear) and beards (which I shaved JUST to use SOEmote :p) It kept thinking my beard was my mouth and that I had no eyeballs (glare).

However the lag some of you mention is very. VERY minimal, and only noticable when I am in a zone like Kunzar Jungle where theres just trees and stuff EVERYWHERE. And my cheapo webcam (5 bucks on amazon) does MUCH better than I thought, gonna buy a nice HD one next payday :D
    Tavalah and Chocoholic like this.
  3. Jrel Well-Known Member

Yeah, that video made me want to try it out (no webcam though). Now, it would be really cool if all the NPCs used SOEmote. Maybe they do, and I just haven't paid attention.
  4. Chilton0585 Member

Heres one someone made of Dave Georgeson making funny faces :p
  5. Oddo Member

I've never understood SOE's advertising strategy. Getting something "all over the gaming sites" is just preaching to the choir. I think the demographic of the average EQ2 player is mid 20's to mid 30's on average. Adults. You should advertise on Walking Dead, or even in the movie theaters before Science Fiction movies.

If I worked at SOE, what I would do is make a parser of all chat channels on every server. I'd set up a filter to count word use that relate to movies, television shows, or things like that. It wouldn't take more than a week of data to let you know exactly where your most effective advertising dollar would be. My guess is that Dr.Who is discussed a LOT more than some random gaming site.
  6. Soniee86 New Member

Lol,

I was just looking up some information about SOEmote and I found this thread. I gotta say, the OP's video is very nice, especially @03:55 :D

Everquest was and continues to be way ahead of its time. There's nothing like it out there.

Even though this might be a bit late; thanks for making such a sweet video.

Cheers,
    Soniee
  7. SOE-MOD-17 Member

Locking this, as the thread is very old. Please do not reanimate dead threads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.