GM Spells - Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Gudum Active Member

Has anyone else lost a Grandmaster while zoning? I had upgraded almost everything on my level 20, only to have a few revert to apprentice when I zoned out of the house. Sent in a bug report a couple of days ago, but just tested it on Insidious Whisper II and it still happens.
  2. Endymion Developer

I believe some of the bugs with the loss of grandmaster spells have been fixed, but I don't think we've updated the beta server yet.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

so I am at the mercy of my crappy interent provider and will lose a rare dropped componnent when my interenet provider drops me through NO FAULT OF MY OWN loosing hte master is unacceptible due to that things our of MY control.

I guess you have not been dropped or kicked ot character select during the process so you say tough luck to thoseh who have htat problem through no fault of their again losing the master which is a rare drop is unacceptible.
  4. Ahupu Well-Known Member

We have precedent to lose the master scroll in my mind: experimentation. Perhaps adding a warning that failure will destroy the master spell is in order. On Beta though the crafting is only marginally more difficult than any other craft even on the "wrong" class. The biggest difference between scholars and other classes I noted was that my tailor for instance felt sort of like she was doing the VI weekly, the first and third lines sort of drug on and the second and fourth went quickly, an effect that was not so noticeable on my jeweler.
  5. Gudum Active Member

Hope I don't sound too bad saying this, but with internet service that bad I think I'd find the whole game virtually unplayable. Are you certain there isn't anything else using the internet connection at the same time? Even a web browser on another computer, or something running in the background on your computer can cause serious disruptions on a slow connection.
  6. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Hope I'm not equally seen as bad for this....but even when I had dialup, I never had any of these issues that are being claimed as real things that a large group of people frequently experience...Its always a good idea to check background programs and web pages, for instance EQ2 windowed does NOT like running Byond, Steam, or Skype in the background for me. It will literally make the other programs inoperable to increase its operating efficiency if it can. Also note, this problem should be even less existent than it supposedly is due to the optimization updates. What you are describing falls under a memory leak at worst, a minor connectivity/background issue at best.
  7. Quanehbos New Member

This loss of Master on non-completion is really gonna be a problem. I have a special internet connection due to my extreme rural location. (I'm actually on a direct line into the main East-West Southern US fiber optic trunk with a limiting filter. The only times I have any connectivity issues is construction accidents severing cables.) However, this past dbl xp weekend and having a load of characters to level up had me pushing this client software.

My brig/weaponsmith with BBC HQ still counting the 1k kills. With the ding ding ding of mass killing counting up from Tenebrous droags, COV'd to guild hall , hit a level up on using L&L container located in crafting area of GH, within reach of the forge. As soon as I hit start on making a new weapon, the client locked up (all this killing, porting, leveling done in seconds). I got the "EQ2 client stopped, searching for solution" and then back to desktop.

Not THAT unexpected really since that was a lot of processing going on at once. But just saying, people in a hurry, with high demands on the client software....things will happen, master's will be lost. And with the game population, does SOE really want the risk of losing more players rage quitting over master spell loss? Especially risking paying customers since the only users of GM spells are subscribers so not talking "free players going away ho hum yawn".
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

[
    yes I do have my problem with a less the optimum system but this isn't my system I know what happens becuase of my system and this problem i'm having is different it is my internet provide droping off all of a sudden in our area. this started a couple of week ago it is a constent problem other people who are stuck using this particular interenet provider all over thje country i've researched it.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

No it is not a memory leak I know whawt a memory leak is and does I have worked on that and have fewer of them happening yes i know about background processes and have something that stops certain process from running and do not run skype or itunes or anything esle I don't even use the ingame browser or ACT(much to my aggravation here)because the crahses that used to occure becaus of my system and memory leaks. this is my internet provider dropping me from online I Look at my modem when it happens and the little online light is dark and I know my internet provider has had one of its' many hiccups that other customers of this provider have complained about I did the research and find other shaving the same problems because of outages by this provider in areas that have no other choice.
  10. Kalika Well-Known Member

Currently the most that we risk is to make or raid or group wipe. I never failed any rune but u do think etymons are returned if you fail.

The only existing exemple may be the Shawl quest, but it's only final craft and as far as i know if you fail you die, loose the last quest step but can probably restart at that step.

Nothing currently in game involve loosing a 10 K pp item.

This will cause a lot of problems, assume you get your GM crafted by someone who fail ...

I foresee many GM tickets due to the risk that is too high.
  11. Twisty Well-Known Member

so is it still Blackstar & Bubinga for spells?
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There has not been a patch at last check, unless it hit in the last hour or two, so everything is still the same. Once we have a patch on Test/Beta, we can re-check ingredients, harvestables, and what's returned on a failed combine. Until then, we're just spinning our gears.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Whoops. Yep, there has been a patch, and yep, still gem rares and wood rares for the spells.

BUG: Foundations and Spellshards have the proper examine info now, but they have no graphic (inventory icon).
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

We're into the next test build (SOEBuild=1136T), and I'm wondering if all of them were properly fixed. A guildmate correctly harvested a sacred foundation out in Kunark, but I've been testing tier 1 (newbie area of GFay) long enough to get over 1200 units of common resources and 65 rares ... zero spellshards or foundation. I don't even want to try finishing yet another tier-by-tier test until I'm sure that they're all supposed to be in and working now, as that's just a tad too much time spent chasing something that might not even be in place right now. :D

~Mum
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

Conjurer Shard of Essence (Grandmaster) does nothing but the optical casting effect

I would sugesst the the amout of mana regenerated by using a grandmaster essence is much more than the 645 mana of the regular master shard

Master's Strike (Grandmaster) can only be researched not crafted

PS: Conjurer spells are still missing in the Mage Grandmaster Reciepes Volume X
  16. Akina_Storms Active Member

Does research potion from Skyshrine instances works on grand master research?
  17. Kinya Active Member

Beta server? I am trying to log to Beta server and all I got is this info "your account does not have the features required to play on this server"...
    So is Beta broken or I am somehow banned? :D
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

He meant Test. Beta opens next month.
  19. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Actually, beta's been open for a few weeks now. They must have closed it for internal use because it shows a population. I get the same account related error.
  20. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Yup I haven't checked today to see if it is up but I was playing with the GM stuff on the beta server. The release to the test server was actually an accident.