GM Spells - Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Nubek Active Member

I think it's a good idea to have Experts and Grandmasters use different rares, would be a good way to balance the desirability of different rare harvests instead of making the rares that are already the most desirable even more so.
    Loredena and Finora like this.
  2. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I have two concerns.

1. If all level 90+ Scout Grandmasters require 5 Black Star Sapphires, and Black Star Sapphire are the only rare crafting material that can't be obtained via Salvaging (all the other Rares can be obtained via Salvaging). Will this be fixed so Black Star Sapphires can be obtained via salvaging? This particular issue makes so that other Archetypes have an unfair advantage over Scouts since their Rare Materials can be obtained via salvaging while ours are not.

2. Every new tier of harvested/crafting materials begins at level 10, 20, 30....80, 90 and last a whole 9 levels. Therefore, when crafting Grandmasters, level 90 to 95 will require Black Star Sapphires and Prismatic Foundations for Scouts. What will happen with level 96 to 99 and 100 spells? Will we be using the same Black Star Sapphires for 96-99 and get a new tier for 100 only? Or will we use a new tier altogether for 96-100?
    Loredena likes this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

Conjurer spells are missing @beta in Mage Grandmaster Reciepes Vol IX and X
  4. konofo Active Member

It's been said already that 96-100 will be its own complete tier, with respect to components and crafted products, etc. Expect new harvestables, new fuel, and new recipes.

kono
  5. Silzin Active Member

Will spells like lvl 58 monk Fall of the Phoenix get a GM version, since this spell does not have an in game Master version that drops. Also all of the other 50-60 spells that do have have a Master Dropped form?
  6. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Every spell has a Grandmaster version no matter the level. So yes, those level 30, 40, 50, 60 spells that don't get upgraded will have Grandmaster versions.

Only the Ancient Teachings spells (Mythical spells) that will come with the expansion will have a limited choice in spells depending on which spells the Devs deem to upgrade.
  7. konofo Active Member

My knowledge book's Upgrades tab allows me to select spells that it should probably exclude:

Intercept III - craftable, but functionally identical to Master version
    Unyielding Will - uncraftable, and functionally identical to Master version (unless healing for 105% vs. 100% is somehow a valid improvement)
    Master's Rage - uncraftable

kono
  8. Silzin Active Member

I understand the blanket statement, and all (except the like 9) Should be up-gradable. But there are spells that only have an Apprentice and Expert that can made or a Adept drop... and there is Master that drops for them. If there is not Master level spell in game then 1 of the components for the GM can not be acquired.

Fall of the Phoenix and a hand full of other spell that each class gets have NEVER had a Master Spell drop.... unless they have changed something that i do not know other the years...
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you wanted to use different rares, using wood, roots, leather and ore rares would help make those 'less used' rares useful and relieve the burden from the stone nodes, which current give the rares needed for expert upgrades. Currently ossmium and star sapphires are in high demand but bubbinga, banyan root, tungsten and metallic reptile hides have little use. Having each archtype use one of the rares that are currently not spell upgrade mats would give those rares more life and spread the harvesting 'load' out on all types of nodes more evenly.
    Loredena and Enric_of_Neriak like this.
  10. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I can't answer if the Master drops now or not, but i can guarantee you that you can Research them to Grandmaster via the Research Window in the case that you're unable to find the Master Book corresponding to the spell you want to upgrade.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Since the harvestables aren't supposed to be in (test (not beta) build 11358T), does that mean I can stop my tier-by-tier harvesting binge to verify the harvests are in the proper spot? :D I've been finding lots of illusionary foundations and spellshards in the wrong tiers, but if you've caught it all, I'll spend my Test time elsewhere :D
  12. Enric_of_Neriak Member

I like the idea of using the other rares as grandmaster rare components. With the game being balanced around experts it will still make sense to upgrade to expert level while working on getting grandmastered. Like the quoted post this will give the lesser used rares more purpose while relieving some pressure on the expert rares.
    Loredena likes this.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'm perfectly ok with them NOT using the same resources as Experts. The concern was that the current recipe breakdown increases on one of the spell rares, and not the others, causing a pricing/demand imbalance. I'd be happier if they were moved to some of the less-demanded rares. :)
  14. Dimeth New Member

If the ratio between normal rares and grandmaster rares stay like they are on beta server right now, getting the 5 rares for the grandmaster combine will be your least problem. I have spend a few hours harvesting in a T9 zone and found 2 grandmaster rares, but also 105 normal rares. If this is a representation of the ratio between rare/grandmaster rare while harvesting the whole economy will just overflow with rares when people try to get hold of the elusive grandmaster rares. I would suggest to the developers that you can get the grandmaster rare from refining rares ( a rare event of course). That way we can get rid of the surplus of rares that will come from all the harvesting that will happen.

BTW you can get the grandmaster rare from harvesting any harvesting node it looks like. I got mine from a bush and a lair.
  15. Buffrat Well-Known Member

100 (player level) + 8 (raid mob level difference since RoK) = 108 which is less than 109. There has never been any reason to upgrade past expert unless you were actually level 70 and fighting level 62 or lower epics, because then it would allow you to cure two of the same detrimental type in one cast.
  16. Gelenor Well-Known Member

I am finding several Grandmasters that provide absolutely no advantage to Master level.

Two Brigand ones for example (both CA's are a major part of what Brigands are)

lvl 52 Amazing Reflexes: Grandmaster is exactly same as the Master including proc chance and duration time
    lvl 58: Double Up: Grandmaster is exactly the same as the Master, including duration/power

Its an easy check on Beta, load a 95 and check thru the upgrades in your spell book for that class.

Fighters: lvl 34 Intercept III - GM exactly same as Master

Gelenor
    VVV- Unrest
  17. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

They did say that there would be skills that would not have a GM and I wonder if those few you listed aren't supposed to have a GM but are bugged and do have a placeholder GM now. Confirmation of this would be good.
  18. Caith Developer

Amazing Reflexes now has a higher chance to trigger at Grandmaster
    Intercept now provides more triggers at Grandmaster

Double Up works correctly, as it recast any CA that you have cast previously at the tier of either Double Up, or the source CA, whichever is lower. So if you cast a GM CA, and then Double Up (Master), the doubled art would be at the Master level. To Double up at a GM level you need to have both Double Up and the source CA at GM.
  19. Loredena Active Member

I especially like this suggestion since in my testing (and I might just be unlucky!), when harvesting with max skill, cloak, pegasus I can get a dozen ossmium and tungsten without seeing a single star sapphire and twice that of bubinga, banyan, and metallic.. My scout is crying.
  20. Silzin Active Member

One people have asked that about time to research. currently on Beta the time to go from Master to GM at lvl 90 is 60 days. Lower levels is less. at ~ lvl 20 its 12 days. Edit its 1.5 days.