Raising the price and giving a discount?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Taezya, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taezya Member

Raising the price for something and giving a discount is not giving a discount at all. I noticed a few things went up in price and then tagged with a discount. Why don't you just raise the price cuz giving a discount afterwards when it already had a discount on it is like a slap in the face. I'd rather had paid the same price as people without a discount in that case. I only really noticed when the price for unlocking a merc to hire anywhere was 112SC with a 25% discount. You might as well remove the discount, cuz saying it's a discount is a lie in the face of raising the price...Whatever...I'm just saying 112SC is not a discount when the price was originally 100SC (90 as a member)
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  2. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Yes, we are very highly upset about it to. There are a couple other threads on the same subject.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

While I seriously doubt that many players actually like the price changes (aside from those that primarily get their income from selling Master spells), that is a far cry from being "like a slap in the face".

Let's see...does the price change leave a mark upon the skin of the face, even temporarily?
    No. (Although one might get a mark on one's forehead if he / she reacts to the news by beating his / her head against the desk and/or wall.)

Does the change cause physical pain?
    Usually not. (However, there may be indirect physical pain if one has hypertension and can't take the additional stress.)

Was the change surprising?
    Yes. (But by that standard, anything that is unexpected could be likened to a slap in the face*.)

Is it something that, by a reasonable person's standard, would be considered offensive?
    Probably not. It probably wouldn't even be considered offensive by an unreasonable person's standard - unless that person is looking for things about which to be offended.

So is it something that is going to anger many, if not most, players? Certainly. But is it like a slap in the face? Not so much**.

* Almost trip? Slap in the face. Get a nice gift? Slap in the face. Get caught playing Rift? Slap in the face. Faucet starts to drip? Slap in the face. (That actually sounds like it could be a catchy tune. :p )
    ** Anyone that thinks that it is like a slap in the face most likely either has a short memory or has never actually received a slap in the face.
    Enric_of_Neriak and Avahlynn like this.
  5. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Chuckles

"Norrath's new number one hit, coming at you from the band Ykeyshan Yoddlers, it's 'Slap in the Face'!"
  6. SOE-MOD-17 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.