The really broken **** thread!

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Delethen, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delethen Active Member

1. Illusionist pets not triggering immunities.

2. Guardian reckless stance damage.

There's probably a boat load of other stuff but for me its trivial in comparison to these two - why do they continue to persist in pvp?
  2. TS (Throat) Active Member

I remain amazed by how long it's been since SOE said anything of substance in PvP forums. There aren't dozens of issues being thrown about. There are the same handful being discussed ... and nothing. So weird. I look at the what they do post on and I just don't get it.
  3. TS (Throat) Active Member

You have to make the decision to actively ignore this area ... to ignore it for such long stretches of time.

Island of misfit toys :)
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

I really hear where you guys are coming from, but the devs *have* been trying a few things for us. There's a patch coming to test soon TM that is supposed to alleviate WF lag, and there are (supposedly) PvP-centric things coming with the new expansion.

I'm shocked they actually mentioned revamping MC gear so that it will be useful in PvP to be honest! That's a fairly large undertaking to do right, that actually addresses not one but multiple longstanding problems: It gets rid of the token grind for PvP gear, it gets players out of battleground instances and onto the open terrain where they belong, it allows PvPers on Nagafen to fight mobs as well as PvP in the same gear, and it makes MC actually worthwhile again in EQ2 besides! That's a lot of things positively effected there if you think about it! And supposedly MC will be able to be used for raids besides. (And this will all be great, unless this is some mutated form of uber-MC that takes 3 months of grinding harvesting at multiple hours per day, per toon, to gear them up with it, ha ha. Or unless it requires new drops that are super-rare, or fuel that costs an arm and a leg, and hardly anyone gets to make it.)

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but we have to remember that there are probably only a couple guys working on Nagafen-specific issues to start with, so there's only so much that they can do and only so fast. But at least they're reading the forums like Caith says they are and they're trying to do what they can about it, or they wouldn't have mentioned the PvP-centric incoming changes in the official news announcement about the new expansion.

Oh, and PS/ I talked to a Sony rep today for quite a while. I actually didn't think SOE was a full-fledged part of Sony because they seem so far removed from the other parts of the business, at least to me. But the rep said not only are they officially a big part of Sony, but that there are 2,400 people working for SOE! Twenty-four-hundred!! I almost fell on the floor! I think even if he had said there were 240 people at SOE I still wouldn't have believed it! I mean, when I think about the dev team for EQ2, I picture about 10 people working on it total, with 8 of them having completely forgotten Nagafen even exists, lol.... Sorry, guys!

*ducks*

But this Sony rep said that the majority of SOE's employees are on a really big push to bring Everquest Next to PS4, and that's where the bulk of the action is going on. Now THAT I think we can all believe.

I just hope that if SOE is going to put up open PvP servers in EQN that they....don't, because of the clusterfluff EQ2's open PvP has become over the years, but if they insist on it then they really should make two versions of the game so that incoming PvE additions don't bork open PvP as has consistently been the case here.

And at any rate, they should fix Nagafen permanently first, using the myriad of suggestions that have been made on this forum over the last 6 months. It would not only be good practice for EQNext, but it would restore some of the faith that PvPers have lost in SOE over the years of EQ1 and EQ2.
    TS (Throat) likes this.
  5. TS (Throat) Active Member

Accepting that, there are specific issues communicated that go without a response (read by Devs or not).

This goes back to the well covered territory of communication. It would not take much to give an update on what has been recognized as an issue and what is on the list of priorities. At the beginning of the year, there was a glimpse of this kind of communication here ... then it dried up.

You would think the community manager would help the Devs bridge that communication gap. I can't recall the last time she posted here. It was as if this forum was too much work and taken from her list of responsibilities.

It doesn't matter, ultimately, who communicates ... but there is a void (I tried really hard not to say a bunch of sarcastic crap). :)

6. Nayen Member

Coercer pets as well..
  7. SOE-MOD-17 Member

Going to go ahead and lock this for being non-constructive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.