Temple of Veeshan: Dreadscale's Maw feedback

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Clevemo, May 13, 2014.

1. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

OK, nevermind, Irdul is perfectly tuned for scouts. I retract everything I have said. Keep it as it is.

Edit: congrats killing it for the first time btw.
  2. Snapshot Active Member

I'll get right on equipping the fire ammo that drops
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

I feel that is going against the whole "having to set your raid up a very certain way to do something" that others were complaining about.
    but /shrugs
  4. Ebofu Active Member

Should also get onto equipping those fire wands that drop.

Ignorance is strong in this thread
  5. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

[IMG]

It was an innocent mistake on my part. I consider spells and combat arts as separate in EQ2, given that they are classified separately by the game itself and are treated as such by game mechanics. If it affects CAs too, it should say "all offensive abilities". I don't play a scout in Equil so I admit my ignorance there.

Anyway, I really don't care, I already killed it a while ago.
  6. Snapshot Active Member

Yea the ignorance is strong in this thread, because half my dps is auto attack and 10% of a mages is. To compare them is not only ignorant but also naive. Mages also have the ability to equip the charms from high keep contested, which I do not. To come to a thread, talk about something you haven't experienced, and try to imply that rangers are fine on this fight is by far the most ignorant comment in the entire thread. Rangers have 1 option to attack the ice blocks, and it would require me to use weapons that suck, don't proc my abilities, I'd have to switch from forced ranged to forced melee every block spawn, and I'd have to run away from my healers in the main tank group.

All of this happened because SoE released content that didn't work for all 26 classes in game. I have a legitimate, and constructively worded problem I want addressed, that's what this thread is for, but maybe you misread the title.
  7. scousetroub Active Member

I think weapons suck when they hit for zero ...ice blocks take 15 secs to burn down, So if you melee for 15 secs then swap back to your bow.what do you lose a linear amount of CB and pot.? BUT gain auto attack swings
  8. Snapshot Active Member

I killed the mob without using bad weapons and without hitting a 0, I stayed on the named because that's what is efficient for my class on this mob as is.
    Gninja likes this.
  9. scousetroub Active Member

Same as me but I helped on the Ice cube and that was efficient as well
  10. Salbain Member

Didn't you just answer yourself as to what your expectations are on this mob? DPS the named and trust your mages can do their part as well.

The more you complain the more likely you will get what you want then at some point the raid mobs will just include an option to "Give me your loot fool!".
  11. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

If you can't beat Irdul, then recruit more of the class you need or reroll!
  12. Snapshot Active Member

Just because we can kill it with me staying on the named doesn't mean it's the ideal way for the encounter to be done.

Drinal elevator wasn't broken right? Just don't jump, it's that easy.
    Feldon likes this.
  13. Gninja Developer

There are many ways to do this fight. There will always be certain situations that favor or hinder certain classes that have restrictions based on damage types, range, or even aggro output. Finding the most use of your skillset for the situation is exactly what you should be doing and it sounds like you are all doing just that. Let's not get into a discussion on who's way is best as it seems most of you in this thread have defeated the encounter. Let's also try to keep it civil so the thread can remain constructive.
  14. slippery Well-Known Member

Hindering classes doesn't let you "find your skillset" it forces you into other classes
  15. Ebofu Active Member

Except by your own guild's admissions, specifically Irdul, it didn't. They just don't think it's a good encounter because of it.
  16. Froggleg Member

Can somebody look in to resists in this zone? IDK if its us or a bug that's been around for a while but we have people that just randomly have resists go missing. Noticed it the first time on the 4th named. A few people were randomly getting 1 shot by the AE that comes after the adds. Calling back to the guild hall and coming back fixed their resists and they no longer got 1 shot. Today when we did it we had everybody check their resists before pull. Multiple people gained 5k+ resists just by calling back and re-entering the zone. Nothing else changed during the time. Same raid setup, same buffs being run, same resist banner in the zone.
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

LOL at 5th name dropping nothing except the purple mystical gem, and a prismatic gem stone.
    oh man why do I even bother sometimes.

but 5th name is pretty simple, we just have all the scouts stay on the name full time since they are near useless on ice, the fight completely depends on wizzies/warlocks basically, chanters somewhat, and summoners almost nothing
  18. Voxom Member

Fights in this zone are actually pretty fun, however the loot is so bad I will never want to go in and do them over again once we clear the zone. Just a waste of time at that point. I think the upgraded hero bracers off the final name really put it over the top tho, good troll devs.
    Malleria likes this.
  19. Glassjaw Active Member

I am really enjoying the encounters but the loot.....I just...minimal upgrades to the armor and a handful of copy paste jewelry with minimal upgrades to them is disappointing. I am in the same boat - clear the zone and walk away.
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

not even the bonus loot from the names 1-4 are decent...
    there is like 1 (maybe 2) items that are good off bonus loot from the first 4 names.
    other than the mystical gems, this zone puts me to shame

Also just fyi I am still saying that Irdul needs to be changed so that summoner pets work on it.
    just cause we (and others) have killed it doesn't mean it should stay the same