Temple of Veeshan: Dreadscale's Maw feedback

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Clevemo, May 13, 2014.

1. GIndotto Well-Known Member

I disagree that this fight is dependent on who you bring. While I have heard raids "changing to a entirely different setup" just to kill this, we still had 1 mage group as usual and the ice block checks were a breeze. Our issue was getting used to running with the scouts who (mostly) were using the Dragon port thing and being too far out of range of the mob, AE would whack a mole. A few adjustments on this mob (attendance permitting) and it will be dead. Not sure why raids are forced to create special mage raids for it?
  2. Froggleg Member

I like the idea of the Irdul fight, the execution just makes it less fun. Pets not getting the buff to kill prisons, ice lash overwriting the buff, etc.
  3. Crychtonn Active Member

Clicky needs to work better and the fight would be fine. Current way it works or doesn't work blows.

ie. Fights like this need to stop hating on the pet classes.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

probably because no every raid runs with alot of sorcerers (who shine on this fight as long as they don't use ice lash) but rather they have more summoners (whos pets are near useless on the prism).
    it really has nothing to do with how well we currently can kill the prisms, it's that it's broke and needs to be fixed cause it's messing with tons of the classes
  5. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Summoners are broken everywhere, whats new lol.
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

so, your argument is "lol summoners are broken, why does it matter if they remain broken on another mob" ??
    I hope you are not serious
  7. slippery Well-Known Member

Irdul is by far the worst encounter. It does everything that is bad in encounter design. It's all about the classes you bring not the ability of your players because it heavily punishes classes. The time to kill the 6 minute prison doesn't account for the possibility of it being on the other side of the room, making it entirely luck based and hoping it's the one you are close to so you actually have enough time to kill it. Then to further add on to the luck based, it doesn't exclude Mages from getting put in the prison, especially Sorcs, who you are entirely dependent on killing the blocks. The blocks that have no hit box and virtually can't be killed by scouts.

All it is is a completely luck based encounter.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

to be fair, we just slide the name back to the center after the pillar ice in order to get a semi equal distance to all the pillars in case it does go to the other side of the room from where it previously was.
    it increases the time when it spawns in the same place, but lowers the time when it's the opposite
    /shrugs
  9. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Summoners are broken everywhere this expansion. It's been detailed heavily in feedback and on forums, thus it's nothing new to hear that raids are running into issues relying on them to perform well in new content. Wasn't an argument, was a statement.

I know it's hard to believe but people can make statements on forums without it being an argument, Ucala. I know it's super fun to quote people and pick apart their words to make arguments were none are necessary, but we're on the same page for this one, trust me. ;)
  10. Ucala Well-Known Member

it still sounds like you are saying "oh well, summoners are broken, it doesn't matter that they remain broken"
  11. GIndotto Well-Known Member

You forgot to quote me first! :p (I'm jk! I had to say it! Laugh!)

Let me make myself perfectly clear:

Summoners being broken and inconsistent in raid content is not a new revelation. By reiterating (sarcastically) that it's not new information ("Summoners are broken everywhere, what's new lol."), I'm underlining the fact that this issue has been ongoing and is borderline comical (to me) that it hasn't been addressed fixed this far into the expansion. Again, we're on the same page! :)
  12. slippery Well-Known Member

It's not just summoners, that doesn't change that the encounter itself punishes scouts and has aspects that make it too random. Getting 6.5 minutes into a fight and dieing to a bad sequence of events that is all too frequent and out of your control is terrible. Punishing scouts and rewarding Sorcerers doesn't make the encounter better.
  13. GIndotto Well-Known Member

The way the fight plays out is sloppy at best for the luck reasons \ class favoring you described. Agree completely. If certain factors were removed (Mages can't be ported perhaps) it may ease the luck factor a bit, but even that may not settle things.
  14. Ebofu Active Member

I'm not a huge fan of Irdul but its not as punishing a check as previous mobs have been, nor is that an acceptable precedent either. We killed it pretty quickly with probably the most unbalanced raid possible ; assassin, brigand, ranger, swash, necro, conj and a wiz alt.

Certain classes can't be ported so its your own fault having an available class be responsible for the item, nor is it certain failure with a mage ported, we killed our last two with mages being ported IIRC.
    You can cast on the run, no penalty for moving the mob to accommodate the pillars.

The prisons need to be more scout friendly sure, but it is by no means a disaster, its just preferential to range damage. This is not a sin, considering its killable without an ensemble of mages on the first night. Tank fights require more classes than this, pick your battles.

PS. Incinerate is kinda good
  15. Salbain Member

Welcome to EQ2?

Why are we complaining so much about a new zone that is almost cleared after 2 weeks.

There have always been mobs that favor some class over others, put the big boy pants on and power through it...
  16. Koko Well-Known Member

Could be worse I suppose, our dps could be beastlords! Thankfully, they're just scouts. ;D
    I'm sure it'll go down though.
  17. scousetroub Active Member

Irdul I have no problem hitting it cept one or two skills & VC sadly. All I do is port up using the dragon port and smash the ice cube simple
  18. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Nobody said you couldn't do it as a scout, just that the encounter design makes it significantly more dangerous to do so as a scout, plus as a bard half your abilities are spells that are converted with the clicky so you're not punished as hard.
  19. scousetroub Active Member

Am on about getting in auto attack range and hitting it. Never said a thing about spells I said about the port only.

Also Fire seeds hit it
  20. Ebofu Active Member

Considering CA are converted to heat damage, lolwut
    You can also equip heat weapons which drop in HKC