ATTN: ttobey - Elder Drake Fire Breathing Request & more

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Lord_OrHan, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_OrHan New Member

I'd like to request that the Elder Drake breath fire when you jump in place standing still instead of jumping. Similar in function to how some ground mounts rear up when you press jump instead of jumping in place. Would be great if he would belch out fire occasionally while hovering in place or while in flight. The animation could resemble what the dragons are breathing that are circling Qeynos. For 1950 station cash, this should be more than a larger version of the wyvern mount. Would also like to hear a deeper more resonant screech than the same screech used for the wyvern since the Elder Drake is much larger.

Also have some bugs to report:

Elder Drake:
    - If character is in movement animation when Elder Drake appears, the characters movement animation will be frozen in place above the Elder Drake but he won't actually mount it as long as character remains in movement.
    - The eyes don't always light up with their orange glow.
    - Screech is not in time with the mouth opening animation.

Nightmare's Greatsword:
    - Blade extends out when it is sheathed on player's back sometimes. I don't mind this glitch but the problem is that there are extra polygons extending over the hilt when this glitch occurs and they need to go.
    - Blade does not extend when player casts buffs on himself resulting in player holding up just the hilt in the air or driving a hilt with no blade towards the ground supposedly burying the sword partially.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

3. Lord_OrHan New Member

The wyverns breath out a mist and the Elder Drake is simply a large version of the wyvern - sounds, animations, and all. Why can't the Elder Drake at least breathe a flame version of the same mist?

My bug list needs to be addressed too, surprised you haven't recreated them yourself since they occur at least 50% of the time, save the extra polygons on the hilt which is about 10%-25%.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's not me but i will let them know.
  5. Lord_OrHan New Member

Bugs need to be addressed.

Transferring the wyvern breath mist as flames over to the Elder Drake seems like an easy cut & paste job. 1950 SC mount deserves the attention.
  6. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Yeah, think with triple and double SC events all gone, Sony need to consider about either lowering the price a bit or make more special mounts which really deserve 1950SC pricetag..

At current state, we pay 1950 SC just for one extra appearance&animation...
  7. Lord_OrHan New Member

Elder Drake is a Wyvern reskin. Actually has less animation with the absence of the elemental breath. AFAIK, they didn't add anything new to the Elder Drake.

I shouldn't even have to be telling ttobey this. Regardless if game is dead or not, this is not worth the full 1950 SC value as is.

Nightmare's Greatsword isn't worth it's SC value either. It's like they don't bother to test their creations cuz they have more important things to do. If they would pay attention to detail, people might want to come back.
    cellinaire likes this.
  8. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Agreed. Don't get me wrong devs, I love art/animation team here...just having trouble with the high price attached to most mounts in the game..well hopefully in the foreseeable future..
  9. Lord_OrHan New Member

$20 mount should cook your food and iron your clothes. They could at least get the glitches out and bring the breath over.
  10. SOE-MOD-17 Member

Going to go ahead and lock this, as the concerns have been passed on, and the posts are getting non-constructive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.