Zlandicar's Bloodsoaked Tortured Heart

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Foxamon, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Foxamon New Member

First I want to say that I wasnt so disappointed for a long time. All tanks waited their reward and I had to get my shield the day after. Many people are expecting a very good reward with some unique effect. Many also believed that the reward will be mythical, but frankly it doesnt matter. What we got in the end? A complete copy of the shield from Drinal, a complete copy. With exactly the same effect. All those tanks that have access to this shield, already have their block capped and this part of the effect is useless. Stoneskin on magic damage is ok, but who need to transfer group aggro with improved taunts? In addition, paladin has problems with such things in accordance with the excess of aggro transfer cap, this is already happening with the shield from Trakanon. Just Im disappointed that the effects on the shield and weapon for brawlers is the same ! Why did you do it? I propose to change the effect let say for some chance of stoneskin after successful block (like wrist from Legionnaires) or short-term damage reduction (15-20%) with some chance after a successful block. Guys, please take a look at the award again and do something with it.

P.S. I forgot to mention that those tanks that get to that shield, with almost 100% probability already have shield from Drinal, so why they should trade it for this? Because of the extra 10k hp? Getting this shield takes a long time because of the need to pass ToV many times. Reward undoubtedly should be better.
  2. Clevemo Active Member

I'm frustrated that the protection didn't increase with the raid upgrade and I have to agree that with the taunt/detaunt update this week that the threat transfer is worthless. There wasn't any creativity with the items, heck only two items received an effect ...
  3. Karagon Active Member

I agree with this. But i'll talk from a position of brawler. All the same is with plate tank's reward.
    Firstly i liked the proc on brawlers's weapon. But then i thought about the fact that now agro isn't a problem - so you don't need that 10% transfer anymore. And also block chance was capped for brawlers even before we got weapons with 30 block chance back (after DoV one's). So that proc for 20% block chance is absolutely useless (12% hategain are also useless as far as all tanks prefer to have constant 100% hategain, especially now after taunt's changes). Please change it to 10% ALL damage reduction after you block. That would be usefull at least (not very very cool as far as in raids you get hit quite rarely and proc lasts 6 sec's only - but at least usefull - not useless).

Just copy/paste of drinal's shield proc is so sad :( Why you do this again and again??? You copy/pasted all war runes, procs, etc... for years..

P.S. Why you made that transfer for brawlers only when we don't need it already?(((( Why not earlier?(((
  4. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

A lot of things are copy/paste because they don't have the resources to make something from scratch. Most of their programming resources are used on making new expansions and making new content for those expansions, like new item procs and effects.
  5. Mandela New Member

You guys have created a unique mythical weapons with unique effects. In this case, you have created a few items that had to get if not unique, then at least the good effects. The result was that at least some effect only got shield and weapon for brawlers, but to copy/paste the effect which was useful in the past and useless now isnt the best thing you could do. Hate gain is useless now, increase shield block which is already capped is useless, aggro transfer is useless due to increased taunts. Also this shield provides less protection than a shield from Drinal. Please do something with useless items. Sincerely .

P.S.Oh my goodness, I even forgot about it! "Increases Unconscious Health of caster by 2.300". This part is like a spit in the face :(
  6. Rootson New Member

why magicians, healers scouts never made ​​any effect it? Even if you copy effects from past additions here Sem clear why imennok relying not create new ones, then you can fill more interesting and useful effects, add effects for healers scouts
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Could be worse, could be a ranger and there not even be a weapon/item you ever have to use.

Clearly the intention of this was for tanks to have an alternative to farming the Myth Shield from Drinal. They did say a while back they had no intentions of making a shield better than myth shield in the near future. This provides one with like 95% of the effectiveness, without having to backfarm.

Really they could have done so much more with these, but Im guessing with the limited resources they have going towards HK:Contested, and ToV:Wing 3, we can pray that there are some more unique and worthwhile items in those zones.
    Koko likes this.
  8. Foxamon New Member

No, it was impossible to do worse. Effect that they just copy and paste, wasnt even improved from the old days (2k hp unconscious, 3k damage proc, etc.). And those parameters that were previously necessary and important now useless. So as the guy above said its like a spit in the face.
  9. Koko Well-Known Member

QFE.
    Purple slot (Winds/Spirits OP), stat boost (CB, P, etc.), make this a meaningful upgrade.

Fighters received the largest boost from these items, especially when compared with other classes that do not benefit or marginally benefit from the slot improved weapon ratings (e.g. rangers, 'melee' casters/priests).
  10. Mandela New Member

Best of the worst doesnt mean good overall. Frankly, they should change all rewards.
  11. Ainaree Well-Known Member

This wouldn't be terrible if it only took one clear of ToV to obtain to go along with the other uninspired items in Zlandicar's loot table. As it is, it takes a mythical amount of effort for something entirely bland. I wish I could swap what items I claimed and just heirloom a shield to a tank alt instead. :/
  12. Snapshot Active Member

I disagree completely. The amount of effort this quest actually takes is maybe 2 hours. You were going to be doing the raid zones either way. The way I saw this quest (for most rewards) was a way to save dkp if you wanted to do quests, if not then you can just raid for the pieces. People were complaining about not having an offhand weapon for scouts, and having to do HE for tanks. They addressed the issue to both of these problems in 1 quest, at least to some degree (I know the myth shield is still better and the effect is out of date).

IMO This quest allowed for alternative methods of gearing without spitting in raiders faces, because you do have to be a raider to do it. People ask for alternative methods to gear, and raiders complain if a quester get the same gear as them.
    Kiry likes this.
  13. Versachi New Member

Ya , A bow with increased damage rating on it would atleast of been somthing , rangers got left in there dark corner again
  14. Неуязвимый New Member

Agree with everyone who has expressed his views about the shield for plate tanks, reward isnt relevant at all. I think you made a mistake and forgot to improve mitigation on this shield! It cant be lower than mitigation of the shield from Drinal (last expansion shield).
    [IMG]

Also, I absolutely agree with Karagon, you should change the shield effect and add 10% damage reduction or replace it with a similar effect from Legionnaires Bangle.
    I think you pay attention to these shortcomings. Thank you!
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

I get to learn some russian now. so this post is turning into quite a success.
    now if only I could learn the phrase "is she over 18?"
    Kiry and Regolas like this.
  16. Raenius Well-Known Member

This item is a prime example that expected aspects of this game have outgrown the diligence, rigor and effort the devs are willing to / allowed to invest.

If you cant offer quality loot based on copy&paste (which does 90% of your work and shouldnt be your goal the first place) you shouldnt announce "great new content" which is as half-baked as everything else people moan about.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  17. Skabia New Member

The shield was a huge let down after the raid upgrade no doubt about it. Increasing the protection on it would solve the problem for me all togther. The proc I could care less about since its the same proc from the Drinal Myth. It sucks that you sacrifice all the stats and the addition purple slot from the HQ shield to put on a outdated item.

I can understand that "Mythical" gear is OP for the Xpac that its released in and for it to remain relavent through the next Xpac. The PoW Myth Cloak for some classes can still be considered as best in slot. I only hope that with the release of ToV Wing 3 in May that they have a new shield that will let the Drinal Myth Shield retire.once and for all.
  18. Layden New Member

For me, the worst thing relating to this shield is that the effect is outdated. Im talking about the damage proc, increasing block chance and so on. Block shield chance is already capped so it would be better to change it to damage reduction. I can understand why the mythical shield has more mitigation, but the same effect and the same figures is a bad move.

P.S. Many people wanted and expected something unique. Why not make a unique effect for each class or archetype? For example, increase the duration of dragoon reflexes by 3-4 seconds for warriors or add an additional 1-2 hits stoneskin for tower of stone (for guardians) or increase damage reduction from Devout sacrament from 35 to 50% (for paladins) or increase duration of tsunami for a few seconds, etc.This is quite simple and unique.
  19. Kiry Active Member

Oh please, Zlandicar drops the bow.

Next: a vending machine at the zone in so people have to do nothing to get 24 people loot in under 5minutes.
  20. slippery Well-Known Member

Because there being basically no raid weapons at all between Pirate Kings and Zlandicar is a good idea.