It's PSS1 for us Euros then for EQNext - Nope!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Pipsissiwa, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Aye, The FAQ makes it simple and clear that Grandfathered EU accounts will change to All-Access, and that All-Access includes EQNL and EQN. We then hear that actually they can't confirm about EQN after all (Although many have the email confirming this too). And now we're back into the SOE Silent(TM) waiting game.......

It would be nice to see an update just to let us know they haven't forgotten about this issue, even if there is no news yet. From the past SOE have made it clear that they don't care or understand about doing this - they only ever update when there is (what they consider) news, not to simply reassure worried loyal paying customers that they still matter.

I personally suspect PSS1 are saying 'But you promised us ALL European players for EQN' and SOE are saying 'But we've announced it now' and some wrangling, possibly/probably legal, is going on. Almost certainly all a result of SOE not thinking things through properly before making announcements, or different departments not talking to each other - it's not like we haven't seen those happen over and over again.

I wasn't going to play EQNL or EQN if it involved PSS1, so being able to via SOE would be a nice bonus. But since I've spent the entire time since they announced EQN assuming I won't be playing it this is significantly less stressful than when they threatened my account for EQ2 with PSS1. So that's something I guess....
    Feldon likes this.
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Never thougth of that, as i barely got enough time to play eq2... but anyhow, wasnt it there somewhere writen, that all current recuring subs will be converted into all acc? Thanks for taking time to answer (got few GF accounts over at soe ^^)
  3. Rynda Active Member

I'm afraid that is not the case. I ended up petitioning about the matter, and have received the following reply (today):

"Hello

Everquest Next will all be ProSeiben for EU customers there is no grandfathering any accounts.
    Regards,
    Stephanie B"

Instead, those who choose to go to ProSieben get to pay for all-access with SOE and all-access (or whatever the equivalent is) with ProSieben - so European players get to pay twice as much (as least, depending on conversion rate) as US players.

Personally I have no intention whatsoever of signing up with ProSieben to play EQNext.
  4. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

So we were effectively lied to when we were told (and sent emails) telling us we ALL (I count European customers as part of 'all' - there were no exclusions to 'all' mentioned at the time) will get All-Access including EQN with our grandfathered accounts, now they can't even bring themselves to tell us that was untrue and a player has to prise it out of CS?

Can an actual Redname please talk to us about this and confirm these latest findings from Rynda?

SOE, will you ever learn not to announce things until you have all the facts? Teasing players can be a great positive marketing strategy, but not when it is based on false or incomplete information - that has the exact opposite effect..

Sick of being treated like this.

Thankfully I don't care about EQN, (I wrote it off when the PSS1 thing was first announced) or I would be a lot angrier at all this messing us around, and I am pretty angry as it is.
    Feldon, beagley and Tkia like this.
  5. beagley Well-Known Member

Well that makes the choice simple - I won't be playing EQN (despite being on a grandfathered EU SOE account which allegedly is migrated to the full SOE All Access program - except when it suits SOE to "blur" the definitions as to whats included in the All Access program to their own ends) as I refuse to have anything to do with PSS. Anyone with any concerns over security and hacking will do the same.

Shame SOE fail to realise that if the EU EQ2 players refuse to play EQN via PSS, the chances are that non EU EQ2 players also won't make the leap to EQN as guildmates will want to stick together in games.

The much vaunted All Access program is pretty worthless for me as well as I don't want to play EQ, can't play EQN or DCUO and the other game I'd be tempted to try (Vanguard) is being "sunsetted" after 4 months in. Wish they'd offer a cut-price subscription rate for EQ2 only as thats about all thats left that I'm interested in after they've decided what I'm able to play on my (9 year old) SOE account. Shame loyalty appears to count for nothing - I'm just a tin of beans/credit card data to be sold onto the highest bidder.
    Rynda, Pipsissiwa and Tkia like this.
  6. Rynda Active Member

My question (petition today):

"Will European players get a discount with SOE for all-access since it is a lesser version and thus different product than that the Non-European players receive, i.e. including EQNext (and potentially future games)."

Reply (also today):

"Hi there

No discount will be given to a SOE account.

regards,
    Stephanie B"

And this is from a petition two days ago:

"Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. If you are having an issue with registering for the EverQuest Next [MMO] beta on the Prosieben website, you will need to contact their support for assistance. In regards to the beta registration, if you are in a Prosieben territory, you would need to register with a Prosieben account for the beta as that is how you will access the game once it has been released. For Landmark, you can still use your Station Account to access the game as it will not require a Prosieben account even if you are in a Prosieben territory. If you have any more questions or concerns, please let me know.

Regards,
    CSR Tim A."

Please note the part that reads: "would need to register with a Prosieben account for the beta as that is how you will access the game once it has been released".

It would be nice indeed to see a red name confirm it on here on the forums.
  7. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

It feels so much like us loyal and long standing Europeans are getting ripped off the most here - because we are grandfathered to stay with SOE as we deserve to be. Our place in all this is being jerry-rigged all the way along as SOE realised too late that we may perhaps be valuable, and we are suffering because of it.

Putting aside (for now) the issues we all have with PSS1 themselves as a choice of company, this seems to be the intended setup:

a) New Euro players - pay PSS1, get their All Access on all the SOE games they have (I suspect all of them eventually), including EQN and all future games.
    b) New & existing US/Rest of World players - get All Access on ALL SOE games, including EQN and Future.
    c) Existing, grandfathered European players - Get All Access on all SOE games except DCUO and EQN and future games - potentially having to pay PSS1 for their version of All Access too.

We get to pay the same as the US for an All Access account, except we won't be getting DCUO, EQN or any future SOE games (I suspect they will be PSS1 too). If we want them we will have to sign up with PSS1, give up our decade+ old accounts and potentially pay a second time to them to get the same as US & Rest-of-World players get.

And sign with a company that has a hacking and security record slightly less watertight than a sieve.

Fair?

No.
    Aelia, Tkia, Malleria and 1 other person like this.
  8. Buggabug Active Member

Makes me feel like a naughty child being punished for making a fuss over the ProSieben thing in the first place. I'm not going to play EQN even if they would let me on my SoE account, just out of rebellious spite. My sub is paid till mid May after that I'll be in the F2P crowd.
    Rynda and Pipsissiwa like this.
  9. Pariel Active Member

So fed up with the ignorance of SOE on this critical issue - however, the FAQ clearly states that I am a grandfathered account for EQ2 and I WILL be staying with them and converted to All Access... which includes EQNext.

Lets see SOE go back on their word this time when their own FAQ tells us we will be able to play EQNext with a grandfathered account.
    I feel another email to Smed coming on (which he will promptly ignore)
    Rynda, Aelia and Pipsissiwa like this.
  10. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

So, the All-Access plan is going live and still there is confusion over EU accounts and EQN.

I have been sent an email AND read the updated FAQ from top to bottom - it makes it clear that the new All Access includes EQN.

Except apparently (from FAQ Red_Name comments) publishing for EQN hasn't been decided so actually us grandfathered Euros may NOT get EQN, even tho it is intended to be 'free-to-play' (NB: Can't use that phrase in the EU anymore - it has been ruled to be misleading - about time too IMO), they can't tell us yet. Yet I have been told by an official email that EQN is included for me. This is contradictory information and Not-A-Good-Idea where money is involved. SOE knows which accounts are EU grandafthered - I need not have got the same email as US-based customers.

I also notice that for EU customers DCUO and PS2 aren't included as SOE has already kicked them to PSS1, so we pay the same (exchange rates aside) but get less games. And I also notice that PSS1 haven't come up with an equivalent offer yet, despite the fact that they have been saying they will for well, well over a year now. Some 'partner' - you'd think they would be keen to, and capable of, sorting out an equivalent deal at the same time as the SOE one, but I suspect they are enjoying the separate game money too much, assuming anyone is even playing the games with them.

The updated FAQ remains unclear - and all I can see is the following unfairness:

1) Grandfathered EU accounts - pay the same as the US, get two less games than US customers. And still uncertainty and conflicting information on EQN,
    2) PSS1 accounts - still have to pay for everything separately.
    3) US accounts - pay the same as grandfathered EU accounts, get 2 more games and EQN.

Sick of being second class to SOE because I live in Europe.
    Athenia, Pariel and Rynda like this.
  11. Caethre Active Member

((
    It is eight months since I last posted on this thread.

I see SOE have still not sorted out this complete fiasco they seem to have forced on their loyal EU players.

Based on personally addressed emails I have received from SOE recently, I am informed that as part of my All Access subscription (which in my case I have been paying for without break for over a decade now), I will be entitled to access to EQN. It didn't mention anything about "oh, unless you are European, in which case you have to pay us for the games you get through us AND then pay again to that dodgy german company we 'sold' you to if you want to play EQN".

Yet, reading here, it seems you do not intend to honour this email, and/or you never intended to send it to Europeans anyway, but rather we were intended to get the "sorry, you are so screwed, you have to pay PSS1 or you can get lost" email.

This *is* how it feels.

I did not sign up with PSS1 and nor will I. If the current options are not improved so that you treat your customers in the same way regardless of where we come from, I know I for one will never be buying or playing EQN. I also know for a fact a good number of other european EQII players who feel exactly the same way.

Is this REALLY what SOE want?

Or is this all just a badly thought-out mess? In which case, just get it sorted out please.

))
    Malleria likes this.
  12. Estal Well-Known Member

Shenanigans like that from PSS1 only make me more convinced to pass on EQNext (and by extension every other future SoE game to use PSS1).

Just a little hint to SoE, the wealthy parts of Europe alone have a higher population than the USA, so you may want to think twice about saying no to our money (which btw you still receive in US Dollar even if it comes from a "evil foreign" credit card).
  13. Caethre Active Member

((
    Another month goes by... still no news on this subject at all for Europeans?
    ))
    Pipsissiwa and flameweaver like this.
  14. Buggabug Active Member

I just did a smug little happy dance with the migration announcement, maybe SOE value their reputation to much to keep tainting it with PSS1. :D
    Tariya, Aelia and Pipsissiwa like this.
  15. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Welcome home, my friends. :D
    Tariya and Pipsissiwa like this.
  16. Estal Well-Known Member

Who do I send the congratulatory cookies and milk to for that best decision SoE ever made?

Nevermind, I ate them myself already, but seriously, thank you thank you thank you.
  17. Faelen Active Member

This is the best decision SOE have ever made! :happydance:
    Tariya, Wirewhisker and Pipsissiwa like this.
  18. flameweaver Well-Known Member

This is good news, no this is great news. Thanks for changing what was a very unpopular decision and making us EU based players feel like they belong to a worldwide community again.

Thank You :D
    Tariya, Aelia, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

20. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

\o/

I couldn't be happier - this is all I have wanted to hear since this whole sorry debacle began!

SOE have finally realised what all of us European players have been telling them from the start.

Pips, the delighted Ratonga.
    Tariya, Rhodris, Spindle and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.