Channeler single target intercept

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Brainwashed, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Brainwashed Member

Dont know if this is asking for too much, but any chance of increasing the range of the intercept to work at max heal range. Allot of fights healers need to stay at max range to reduce ae damage or even trying to stand behind large long dragon mobs you get out of intercept range quite easily. Dont think it would be too op to extend the intercept another 10 meters.

Example, second mob in VD to avoid kb you need to stand behind the dragon but you cant since it puts you out of intercept range.

Thanks

Edit: Another solution would be to allow our pet to auto follow the tank/target
  2. Laita Well-Known Member

I'm so confused by this post, the only time it would matter is if you pet was on passive and just hanging out by you at max range.. in that case turn it off passive, or add a /pet attack macro to healing barrage... there's only a few huge mobs where the pet attacks out of range of the tank, in that case just park it by the tank pre-pull or stand by the tank and hit your pet attack button when the mob is positioned...
  3. Shesaz Active Member

My main is a channeler.
    Agreed with OP 100%.
  4. Brainwashed Member

You either dont play channeler or dont raid, 90% of the mobs are huge and the pet starts attacking from 10 meters out which is still 30 meters from your tank since hes at the head of the mob. I gave 1 example but obviously that blew over your head.

And usually standing by your tank on pull is a really bad idea since you get 1 shot by frontals on pull. The list could go on for various raid scripts, but the point is the range should be increased. Hope that elleviated some of your confusion.
  5. Tyman Active Member

I have raided on my channeler and the only mob that I have range issues on is Sontalak. And as for the 2nd guy in vd, he doesnt frontal so everyone can just stack on the tank in one of the lamp's legs and avoid the knockback.

I will admit I have only killed the first 3 names in ToV so my opinion doesnt matter for much with the largers mobs later on.

And as it stands now the intercept says it has a range of 55m, Los issues are a lot worse than range on the intercept.
  6. Ciroe Active Member

I agree, i have more issues with LOS than range as well. However with that said, i have experienced range issues before. This typically comes from large hitbox mobs, where the tank will be at the head, and the pet winds up attacking from behind, and winds up out of range from the tank.

However, i have remedied that a couple ways... both suggested here.

If you know you're going to have this problem, pre-position the pet. To use your example, 2nd VD mob, i will pre-park the pet about 10-15m out from the lamp. Follow off, and no assist, pet completely passive. Once I've parked my pet, i will run back to the rest of the group, and run with them on pull. This tends to work for most scenarios. The pet winds up in range of the tank, and usually all group members even. Now if you don't know range will be a problem, you can catch it mid fight, back your pet off, run up where you want the pet to be in range of, and either have pet attack from that angle, or park it, then go position yourself back where you need to be.

And with the intercept range being i think what, 55m? I think that's pretty large enough, is it not?
  7. Brainwashed Member

The thread isnt about work arounds for the issue its about quality and ease of play for the class. Im not at home but im pretty sure the single taget intercept is not 55m its more like 15m-20m. If its meant to be like this on purpose guess we just gotta deal with it. Do you have fun positioning your pet every single trash mob in a zone or having many near death experiences because your standing on the tanks butt?

Would it make the class too powerful or something by having an extra 10-15m range on the intercept? I hardly think so.
  8. Tyman Active Member

I almost never have to position my pet.... the only time I do is on sontalak positioning between the adds and sontalak, and on the raptor because where we fight him there is a los issue if he just goes running up normally. Other than those 2 areas I have 0 problems with range. And it is 55m http://i.imgur.com/CGuhd48.jpg
  9. Ainaree Well-Known Member

I am fairly certain 55m is the range in which you can apply the buff on the pet at a distance. The intercede is definitely in the vicinity of 15m which follows existing intercept mechanics.
  10. Laita Well-Known Member

It's not an issue, people just crying about stupid crap... not hard to pre-position the pet on passive or move it around to find the sweet spot, people just being lazy and wanting everything handed to them. The 55 meter range is the range at which you can put the single target intercept on your target, the actual intercept range from pet to target of intercept isn't officially given in any description I've seen.

And I was confused by the initial post, because it was worded very poorly (your position shouldn't matter when it comes to your pets position), basically read like it was written by a 5 year old..
  11. Sylke Well-Known Member

An elegant solution would be provide the Channeler class with two pet summon-type abilities.

1) Standard Call Servant
    2) Teleport construct to Intercept target (or self if using Overloaded)

Place both on the same cooldown.
    Laita likes this.
  12. Gilasil Active Member

I'd just be happy to get any pet summon type ability.

If you play a pet class, managing that idiot pet is just part of the game. It's not really hard once you get used to it although I agree it can be an annoyance.
  13. Snacktime New Member

Just because there are ways to deal with broken mechanics, doesn't mean they aren't broken, and doesn't make someone lazy for pointing it out.