New reward item for ToV purchase or scam?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by DreadRoberts, Feb 20, 2014.

1. GrouchyMouse Active Member

One per account or one per character claim like you have with the Winter Wolf? One per char would be great, but per account, I'll have to decide which gets it. And heirloom or not? If not, then no passing them around the toons like a joint, lol.
  2. Luperza Community Manager

Hi there!

I'm here to bring you an official response. :p It's just a spelling error!! Have no fear! :) Enjoy the wings!
  3. DreadRoberts Active Member

Hurray! ;)
    Luperza likes this.
  4. starbuck Member

My question is does each character get one on the account like the vet rewards or just one you want to claim it on?
  5. Calthine Well-Known Member

I'm chuckling because the same typo was in the first email and Radar had to come tell us the same thing :)
  6. Bregdania Active Member

Very curious here.
    I am currently logged in and it is 1.30 am PST on 02/28/2014. Where should I be finding this item? I didn't receive an email about it although I'm flagged to receive them and I've checked my spam filter. I have checked the /claim items and also the mail box and can't find anything. I do have Tears of Veeshan so all the right boxes are ticked. :(
    I love gifts and this one would be really nice to receive.

PS Just checked this on my second account and same story - I also went to check LoN in case it appeared there but nope.

PPS On looking back at the email message I didn't receive - it appears I need to wait until 9am. Is this correct? Just assumed since most everything else goes at midnight that this would be the same. ;)
  7. ramblinrod Member

They might be on some kind of a rollout. First time I checked this morning, I only found them on the most recently upgraded (to ToV) account. In /claims, under the Promotions tab, BTW. Then maybe 30 min. later, I found them in the 2nd (of 4) account I upgraded -- I'm almost positive they weren't in that account before. As it stands now, 2 of my ToV accounts have the wings, and 2 don't, and one of *those* got the promotional email about the wings. Relogging didn't make a diff.
  8. Adaeon New Member

For anyone not able to log in right now:

The wings are one per character, heirloom, and no-value.
    Xillean, ramblinrod and Dulcenia like this.
  9. ramblinrod Member

Thanks, I'd forgotten to mention that. And even better, they buff your stats a bit, unlike the usual collectors/promo mounts (in my experience.)
  10. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Silly question, but where under claim are they found? I don't see them under All Items, Promotions or Tears of Veeshan. Tried camping to desktop and restarting the game, and still nothing.

Checked using a 95 Adv/95 Crafter who was in Vesspyr Isles at the time....not that that should matter.
  11. ramblinrod Member

Promotions
  12. Darkfoz Active Member

Claim a random item, then try again
  13. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Yes I see them on the first of 4 accounts I have with ToV. But I can't preview them. I just confirmed ingame that they are indeed the new purplish bat ones that are also a LoN loot card. :) They are usable in the appearance slot for mounts, and can be used as appearance by low levels.

-------------------------

Oh, and thanks to SoE for these! The mount that came with the CE for ToV is nice, but I can't stand that stream of mist stuff hitting my characters in the face all the time. So will use those mounts as house items perched on a nice spot somewhere. Having a wing option is great now. Would be a nice idea to have that in future for CEs, with a popup box to choose like with the Sentinal's Fate lynx mount.
    ramblinrod likes this.
  14. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

No luck. I /claimed Daeron (was still using Stamper on one toon). Promotions still only has potions, sub rewards, welcome home rewards and goblin stuff.

Edit: They finally showed up. Not sure if it was due to a delayed arrival or the fact that I zoned a character from a house into Vesspyr.
  15. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

The wings showed up on 3 of my 4 accounts in claim, On one, no claim wings available. It is possible they will turn up in claim soon I guess.
  16. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

My guild leader had the wings show up in her secondary account. On her main she had to log out and in again to get em to show in /claim. She has no Lon cards that I know of (don't think she plays it).
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I tried that and it worked. The wings now show for my fourth account. :)

I edited my previous post when I realized that the account with the LoN wings had not gotten ToV yet. Doh! It was odd though, as the wings did show in claim at first for that account. Phantom claim item I think. I have encountered this before with this skull mask thing that shows up now and then in my claim areas. Try claiming it, and nothing happens. Sometimes when it shows up it is claimable. Wierd that...
    Avahlynn likes this.
  18. Spindle Well-Known Member

Great wings! Thanks a bunch!
    Xillean likes this.
  19. Xillean Well-Known Member

Thank you for the wings!!!!
    Spindle likes this.
  20. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Indeed! Thank you, Soe for the wings. :)
    Spindle and Xillean like this.