Luperza, EverQuest 2's New Community Manager

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Xillean Well-Known Member

I have to second the you sound pretty awesome. Look forward to seeing what you do.
    Luperza likes this.
  2. Dalmarus New Member

Congratulations, Luper! I've always admired your work, even back in our old Vanguard days. (I'm telling you folks - Luperza here is the only person to *beat* Vanguard! :)

I can't wait to see you kicking *** as normal in your new role. ^_^

- Eric "Dalmarus" Campbell
    Luperza likes this.
  3. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Welcome aboard!
    Luperza likes this.
  4. Lizabethan Active Member

Holy crap, it's Margaret Krohn. ;) I know you're not new to EQ2, but I figured I'd throw in bits of advice anyway!

1) Create a Test character and come play with us every so often. We love devs coming to see us in our natural habitat, even if it's just Cronyn killing time and asking us for cookies.

2) Join in Homeshow once in a while. If ever you want to be a lurker and get a feel of how the community is reacting to something, this is the channel. We don't troll with our responses, but we're honest, and we talk a lot.

3) Informal interaction is rad; Dexella did it with the community lounge events and such. It's easy to forget - for player and employee - that there's someone on the other side of the screen. Get to know your people, and when the time comes that you need to announce something that the community probably won't like, they'll be more forgiving because they've met you. Do ittt!

Best of luck, and heavy armor to ye. You'll need it with our passionate community :)

(And is Dexella gone?)
    Kurisutaru and Luperza like this.
  5. Cassta Well-Known Member

Congratulations!
    Luperza likes this.
  6. Astealoth Member

The Everquest II community would like to inform Luperza that her bagel offering was insufficient. We will require at least two more high resolution bagel images to lick. This is a friendly reminder. If it is not followed up in a reasonable amount of time we'll have to draft a stern warning. After three stern warnings you'll receive one demerit. After 18 and a half demerits they'll reset and we'll have to redraft an initial friendly warning and begin the process again. If the process completes more than three times before we receive our new bagel images, well let's just say it wont be that bad.

tl;dr
    Welcome!
    Haloek and Luperza like this.
  7. Tariya Active Member

Welcome Luperza and have fun with your new "quest"! :)
    Luperza likes this.
  8. Kalmaraa Active Member

Welcome to EQ2 then! I do like how positive this looks and just wanted to note a few things you might see in our forums.

1) Don't worry about those that speak negatively about new items like for example the new oakmyst home. About 90% of them from what I have seen haven't bothered even looking at it, and are just responding to what other folks are saying on the forums.

2) Alot of the folks here are over all positive when it comes to things. With good ideas on improvement and such, it's also a very good community, heck the community is the main reason I stay on here myself.

That's about all I have to say latter.
    Kurisutaru and Luperza like this.
  9. Lucus Well-Known Member

you are very welcome :)

I'm sure you can fight raidbosses much bigger than you solo, if you get the right gear and mentor to the right level.

Community's pretty friendly for the most part unless an official statement's made them irate and hostile(at least words aren't weapons, yay for CM survivability!)

quick question of all your toons which class do you like the most and why?
    Luperza likes this.
  10. Zombie846 New Member

Welcome your good
    Luperza likes this.
  11. Ragna Well-Known Member

Welcome :)
    Luperza likes this.
  12. Leko New Member

Welcome to the party
    Luperza likes this.
  13. Chama Member

Welcome to the EQ2 community Luperza.

I hope you keep the good work from RadarX up.

RadarX did a great job in always keeping us up to date with infos around "our game" - also in situations like server crashes etc. he reacted fast and professional.
    In addition he obviously gave our feedback to the devs and helped to solve a lot of little problems.
    This are the most important things i expect from a community manager.
    He was a good cm and i wish him the best.
    Kurisutaru, Luperza and Tariya like this.
  14. Brennin Active Member

Good luck in the new role! I think "community manager" requires more roleplay skills than the actual game. ;)

Always glad to see another SOE voice who can appreciate and relate to the gamer who loves playing and loves the game but not necessarily with groups and guilds. My play time is sporadic at best, so the vast majority of my sessions are just me and a merc. I'm happy to say that EQ2 does a pretty good job of providing a decent amount of content I can handle without waiting for friends to log on or finding a group. It was a nice change coming from EQ1, which required a balanced group for almost anything worthwhile at the highest level.

If ever on the Freeport server feel free to look for Brennin (and his lil merc).
    Luperza likes this.
  15. LyonheartTheOld New Member

Welcome! Glad to have you! I would be interested in why you chose your group make up? I am a multiboxer as well.. my pc wont handle 6 accounts, so im doing the 3+3mercs thing. ( was thinking about coming back.. been afk for 6 months or so )
    Luperza likes this.
  16. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Greetings.
    Hope you enjoy your time here in the world of Norrath. Maybe see you at some of the Guide events. The Crown Ball is today maybe get to see you there. Well lets not try to multi box to the point of not getting out and mingling with all the great toons running around Norrath. Ijs.
    Welcome to the community.
    Luperza likes this.
  17. Brainfreeze New Member

If you're still looking for a great new guild then Omnus Imperium on the unrest server would be willing to accept a great player like yourself to learn from, and to hear all your great insights. Welcome a board Luperza!
    Luperza likes this.
  18. SandsMans Active Member

Welcome to Norrath! *hands Luperza a wheel of finely aged roquefort*

Does this mean we'll be getting some more multi-boxing friendly features soon!? :D Like a shared bank across account!
    SynnikuL and Luperza like this.
  19. Beacat New Member

Okay, bagels are nice, but what about donuts? And, glad to have you with us, now get busy and find the missing building block. We need one that has a bit of a triangle shape to it to finish houses. Using square stuff to make angled stuff is really frustrating.
    Luperza likes this.
  20. Singingsteel New Member

Welcome! Hope you make 4 new toons one raider, One PVP and one RP and one progression. Each has its own problems. Hope you can make each one a little better. Cant wait to see you in Game and Good Luck!
    Luperza likes this.