ToV: Tears Bugged?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gnoanec, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Gnoanec New Member

Ok so I am on the very last part of the ToV quest-line, Going into Nexus core (solo only) as to obtain the 3 tears and defeat the last demon looking dude (idr his name). My necro is 95, has 495% Crit, and IS getting the buffs from the zone. However it seems the Core Guardians are overpowered or something, I am getting 4 shotted, My health is down by 1/2 before I even git him down by 1/3rd.

I feel I am missing something obvious, but I have been stuck on this part since BEFORE the patch earlier this morning. I am on a Silver account, so I can not submit a ticket. Yes I am missing two items from the ToV quest-line, but I can not submit a ticket about that either. Why? Because "were sorry your account level is to low".

^_^
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I assume you're jousting the missles?
  3. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Make sure you're not wearing any of the gear that procs percentage based health hits. You can burn through millions and millions of hitpoints real quick that way in there...
  4. Tahuti New Member

Turn off Lich and Bloodpact and see if that helps. I think I remember their upkeep costs going sky high with the buffs, which would definitely not help with your survival during the instance.
  5. Ranga Active Member

I assume you're not 'missing' the missiles?
  6. Jrral Active Member

I ran into that. Make sure you're jousting out of range of the missiles when they go off. 70 meters should get you clear. Make sure you're wearing the Precious Rhenium Wristband, even though it's proc's been reduced it's still going to do a lot of damage. And finally, take advantage of the fact that you can cast on the move to kite the guardian around. You're squishy, buffed or not, but he can't hit what his fists can't reach.
  7. Gnoanec New Member

Yes I am, running away from the guy, once they gone go back in. But I still need to kite, if I don't he does way to much damage.

Nope

Do not have Lich on during the fight, and doubt I have BP on but will double check.

No I can not "cast on the move" if I could he would've been killed already, lol.
  8. Skeezie Active Member

You can cast on the fly for this quest.
  9. Charlice Well-Known Member

You're missing the damage from your pet. Get some lifestones and cross your fingers for good luck.
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

yeah the Blue or Red tear's buff allows you to cast on the run..as long as that tear is the last one you 'destroy' that buff stays up and you can kite him around. and even though your pet doesn't usually stay alive long, I brought mine up every time I coudl and would use Soulburn on the guardians. but yeah it can be done! don't give up on it and if you got any of those claimable health potions those are great for that too.
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Oooh. TY for the tip. I'd been holding off on that quest with my necro until better gear. First time there even the epic swarms killed her 6 times, never mind the guardians. Turned off lich and blood pact....much easier.
  12. Jrral Active Member

Yes, you can. It's a function of the buffs you get in this zone. What I do is clear the left and right wings first, and leave the center wing for last. My wizard, coercer, mystic and warden were all able to cast on the run against the core guardians. I also made sure to wait in the tunnel (after clearing the trash that followed me) to get back to full health before going in for the nameds.
  13. Deago Well-Known Member

Could you please explain to me how you measure the floor there in meters? Thanks. :p
  14. Tajar Well-Known Member

Options -> User Interface -> Name and Chat Bubble -> tick Show Distance to Target.

You'll see the number of metres next to their name when you target them.
    Shmogre likes this.