Best Server? (Friendly/Raiding)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vailene, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I assume that comment wasn't aimed at me since I didn't say anywhere that freeport doesn't help newbies.

I've played on both too and Freeport isn't "by far" the largest. Maybe it's changed in the 4 or so months since I transferred back to AB, but Freeport didn't seem all that more active. Even so nobody really knows for sure how active they are, any data is anecdotal, and the only numbers we do have don't suggest anything other than they're fairly close.

I admit though, I'm ignorant on exactly how active the large guilds are on any server. I briefly ran the second largest guild on AB several years back and frankly it was a miserable experience and has put me off large guilds as a whole. To each their own, though.
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Well, then which guild would be the best on Freeport if you were interested in raiding? Be honest.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Freeport is a very friendly server. Lots of players willing to help even if you're unguilded and have no plat. Lots of raid guilds spamming general chat, some have web sites they want you to apply through, others just say pst. It's a good server overall, with lots of great players who care about the community.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I like my guild on Freeport :)
  5. Ladymist Well-Known Member

I think the best raiding guild on Freeport for the OP would be one that fits their criteria. (answering oDulcenia's question)
    They are on the right course in contacting leaders of raid guilds and discussion the needs of those guilds and how that works with their criteria. same should be done on Freeport server.

Sometimes you will go through a couple guilds. The best way to see the right fit is really done by joining after talking with them and having a trial period if you will.

That's the best thing about guilds raid or not. each is different in its priorities,style and community
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

We'll have 60+ on during prime time, but not at any given time. Middle of the day today, was I think 18 on when I looked.

There is only one guild I knew of that had those kind of numbers.
  7. Ladymist Well-Known Member

correct that statement wasnt aimed at you, just in my reply addressing another misconception
  8. Vladislav Active Member

Freeport is extremely helpful to newbies and has quite a number of family guilds that happen to raid. Because of a decent influx of new players to the server, the population is generally forgiving to less than stellar performance.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

Yeah, the reverse is true to. Due to the total lack of new players on our server, we're more forgiving on less than stellar performance. Raid with a horrible coercer or no coercer at all? We've learned to manage expectations.
  10. Hammdaddy Active Member

Id rather be in a guild with 6 good players than 60 sub-par/bad ones.