E's - An Abandoned Fortress

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by krizet, Jan 24, 2014.

1. krizet Active Member

Adding the following to Krizet's Consolidated Works
    This is E's - An Abandoned Fortress (Oasis, owner: Eiblyn, massive on the Leaderboards)
    An event took place, perhaps a small meteor, which wiped out the inhabitants... That did not stop the looting that followed in the years since. There is little of value left... Enjoy, please visit, and vote if you wish :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thank you!!
    E
  2. Eryn Well-Known Member

Like I said the other night, love it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Goldinrae Active Member

Brilliant! Something really different - looks great. And on Oasis too! I'll be right over . . . .
  4. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Agreed. This is brilliant. I must admit that your arches have me stumped. Are those Grobb tables?
  5. krizet Active Member

Yep. Love that stone stuff... Would love to see more, very classic, traditional stonework in furnishings...
  6. grlnxtdr Active Member

That's Pretty amazing! I am constantly awestruck by what people can do in this game! While a lot of people tell me I'm a really good Decorator, I know I will never be in the same league as some people in this forum!
  7. Valzen Well-Known Member

In awe here! Well done. Those arches are grobb benches, yes?
  8. Geden Well-Known Member

The destroyed look is very well accomplished, love it!! Will visit soon to upvote :)
  9. Gracey Well-Known Member

Went to visit this one - it's a jewel!
  10. Afista Well-Known Member

What an awesome idea! This came out great :)
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

Very nice work! Well worth a visit :)
  12. Bregdania Active Member

Wonderfully refreshing to see something so distinctively different.
    I am in constant awe of the imaginations of everyone who posts on these forums and I go away with the inspiration fresh in my mind until I stare at yet another blank dwelling ;)
  13. Solaria Active Member

Really Nice concept!! :)
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised how much actually "sinks in" on even a sub-conscious level; I was really desperate when I got the Secret Santug House Challenge project, since I misunderstood the rules of it and wound up decorating a 6-room South Qeynos for my first ever commission...oy! I'd say 95%+ of the items I used were already there...in the Moving Crate! :D But seeing the items gave me ideas, and when I needed to fill more space (that big empty spot in the living/entry room NEEDED a sofa...never built one before, but Tiles and Erollisi Day recipes to the rescue), I thought back on all the cool stuff I'd seen folks make from scratch in their places, and gamely tried stuff. I hope my home owner wasn't too horribly disappointed; I haven't really had the guts to go back there (and see how much she dismantled of it in disgust) since finishing the project a week late. X-P

Uwk
    Bregdania likes this.
  15. Bregdania Active Member

LOL Uwkete you really leave me smiling when I read so many of your posts. What you are describing to me is pretty much what happens to me - it's not so much "by design" rather than "by evolution". I'm in awe of how the people like Krizet here and so many others elsewhere can see the potential in every item they work with. Just looking at the bookcases used on the top of this fortress is a perfect example of that special "eye".

I looked at that Secret Santa challenge and felt daunted by the prospect so I cowardly avoided it. :( You on the other hand stepped up and I'm sure the work you did was great. I admire anyone who is prepared to "have a go.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eee....well, they said they'd taken screenshots of everyone's place on Dec. 24th; wasn't even finished with the balcony yet at all, let alone--if I can get permission from the house owner, I'll post pics of the place as it was finished. ;->

Uwk
    Bregdania likes this.
  17. BettyKroaker Well-Known Member

Love different themes to visit ~ can't wait~ froggie thumbs up~! :D
  18. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Oh wow your arches are to die for! I can tell a lot of work went into this. That broken hole in the floor is a first that I can remember. So cool! Very well done!