New and need a little help with housing.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Darkwulf, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Darkwulf New Member

I have a prestige house for me and my wife. I listed her as a trustee and now we cant figure out how she enters the house.

She tried looking up my name under visit but nothing was there.

Can someone give me a complete easy to understand way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
  2. msgnomer Active Member

Had me stumped for a moment - but I think I have the answer. Not all names show on the list - it changes from time to time. On the page with the list of names, there should be a search box at the top. As she types in your characters name, the list should get refined more and more until it's short enough for your character's name to appear.

If that doesn't work, I'd double check that she is looking at the right house to visit. Also make sure you really do have the permission set for the character she is trying to visit with.
    Bregdania likes this.
  3. Darkwulf New Member

The name serach narrows it down to nothing, and i know she is a trustee because i teleported her into the house and verified she can move furniture.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Just a quick thought - is she choosing the correct prestige house from the list to visit? There are so many, it's easy to get the wrong one. Also, if you are one alignment (good/evil) and she is another alignment (evil/good) then she won't be able to see your house from the list in whichever is her home city.

A way around it is for her to buy one of the cheap 5s houses, make you a trustee, then you can place a portal to your house into hers.

Just trying to think of possible ideas for you.
  5. msgnomer Active Member

I'm really stumped then if none of my ideas hit the mark. I like Rhodris idea of buying the starter home as a workaround. Everyone needs an extra inn room in the city anyway. :) Still, this is odd to have a problem. This game feature has been pretty reliable.
  6. Kilar Active Member

The easiest way around this is for you to put your house portal in her house and let her put her house portal in your house.

This way all you need to do is go to your own home and either click on the green arrow (This will list other houses linked by portal) or click on the portal itself to go to the other house.
  7. Kari Well-Known Member

If she belongs to a guild and you have her as a trustee, the guild portal to housing should list your house as something she can port to directly from the guild hall.

Also make sure the rent is paid on the house, which can stop people from entering.
    Bregdania likes this.
  8. Mktavish01 Member

You probably overlooked setting the public access to visitor. Just making her a trustee won't let her enter if you have it set to not let anybody visit. I had the same problem with a prestige house recently.
    And I don't think you can use the portal from Qyenos to enter into one started in Freeport.
    But then setting up a portal device like mentioned above is a great way to bypass those limitations.
  9. Kilar Active Member

I have all my houses linked with portals. I can go from a house in Qeynos to a house in Freeport np. Also I have a Freeport toon that has a house in Qeynos and she can access her Qeynos house from Freeport. I haven't tried it the other way around but it should work too.
  10. Bregdania Active Member

This is interesting. I've always allowed all my alts trustee access to each others houses including those not open to visitors and they have had no trouble with accessing. I wonder if access to some houses is a little bugged in that regard. Very curious but definitely a valid point. It's good to check over every possibility.
    aspekx likes this.
  11. Mktavish01 Member

I meant with using the general access portal , Placed portal objects should work no matter what house.
    But ofcourse I could be wrong , maybe it was just a problem that particular time. (MistMore crags Estate)
    Although prior to that , I had tried to use the guild hall portal in Freeport for one that was based in Qyenos and couldn't find it in the list.
  12. Mktavish01 Member

All I know is that when I set a friend to trustee in my Mistmore Crags Estate , she could not find my house in the list to visit until I set the public access from none to visitor.
    Although I do find it odd that someone other than the owner can only enter through the visit option.
    aspekx likes this.
  13. Bregdania Active Member

Curiouser and curiouser. I know you can't use the Freeport city portals to a house of the same type in Qeynos and vice versa but for it to happen in a Freeport Guild Hall portal to a Qeynos based house portal - that is very odd.

The main thing is now ... can you access okay from the guild hall to opposing factions and in particular to the houses where you are set with trustee access irrespective of whether it is set for public access or not??
  14. Darkwulf New Member

Update to my problem. I logged off for the night and when I played the next day it was working fine. She could find me on the house list. I guess I had to log out or give it some time to update. Maybe the housing server was lagging or something.

Anyways. Thanks for all the input.
    Bregdania likes this.
  15. Mktavish01 Member

Well it sounds like using the general access (prestige housing) portal from one city to another is as I was experiencing.
    But the guild hall portal I was talking about is the general access one. I haven't since tried it , since I have a call to guild hall spell now. But I imagine it would work the same as the prestige housing general access portal.
    The portals placed inside the guild hall that take people to others housing work fine and don't matter which side they are from.

Sorry if I was confusing you on that issue.

Sounds like Darkwulf got it working ... maybe it is just an issue upon first claiming the prestige housing?
    I can't change my general access at this point because of the vendor containers placed.
    Bregdania likes this.
  16. Bregdania Active Member

I'm glad everything seems to have worked out in this little oddity.