Best Server? (Friendly/Raiding)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vailene, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Vailene Member

After careful consideration... The wife and I have decided we may like to transfer servers.

I have a 95/338 Paladin and she has a 95/340 Fury.. We're both geared well enough (a bit over quested ToV) with some yellow gems on some Cryptic items...

We're hoping to find a very friendly server (our current is not) that has TONs of a Raiding guilds. May even be able to say predominately raid heavy server..

We're obviously looking to get into a nice raid guild that would be flexible and possible weekend raid times, helpful and liking to group heroic stuff too, etc..

Any suggestions/guild offers to consider would be REALLY appreciated. :)

Thank you!
  2. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Antonia Bayle is the answer to all server questions.
    aspekx and Mayali like this.
  3. Mae- Well-Known Member

Funrest is best! It even rhymes!

Ok, that being said, we don't have a TON of raiding guilds, but a couple that meet your description of what you want in a guild. Your biggest hurdle into getting into a raid guild is finding one actively recruiting a tank. They take up the least slots in a raid, and fill up quickly.
    Charlice likes this.
  4. Vailene Member

The issue we really have on the current server is finding groups for Heroic zones so we can expand our gear. And raiding with any of the guilds on our current server is absolutely out of the question. In general, they are not very helpful, definitely don't allow new members to loot anything, and are not really friendly.

The wife and I are both experienced in the class and really just want a server where we log in, see like 50+ members online in guild any given time, and are willing to group to help out everyone. :) Like an MMO is supposed to be. :)
  5. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I'm not a raider but there sure seem a lot of em on Antonia Bayle. The server is pretty nice too, lots of rp and community events. It's hoppin'.
    aspekx likes this.
  6. Charlice Well-Known Member

Definitely Funrest, #1 community worldwide.
  7. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Definitely Antonia Bayle, #1 Everything worldwide.
    aspekx likes this.
  8. Nynaeve Active Member

if you're playing at European timezone evenings - Splitpaw (UK) or the German server,
    otherwise I trust the other commenters, although Freeport is also there.
  9. Vailene Member

Cool. I've been checking out based on the suggestions.. Both Unrest and Antonia Bayle seem great. I'm still flip flopping talking to guilds on both to decide where I'd like to do. Hard finding a good guild match for 2 people (and some other friends we may be bringing). :)
  10. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Of my server population experience and high level chat and general chat Freeport is the most active upper and lower end. Antonia bayle is active too but Very selective on who they group with tov zones. Crushbone is next while less active they are Very helpful unrest comes in 4th definatly a lot quieter but nice community

edit for raiding : For raiding def go with either ab or freeport. ab seems to have a lot of raid guilds but freeport has more pick up raids
  11. Hammdaddy Active Member

Unrest is the worst server in existence, especially for raiding. Go to AB.
  12. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Agreed, Najena was a lot of fun (certainly not perfect) but not so much since we were absorbed into Unrest. I definitely would not recommend it if you are strongly into raiding.
  13. Poisinivy Member

best server for raiding is Antonia Bayle it has the best players overall but at the same time it has a lot of elitist players, second server is freeport but freeport isnt very friendly towards newer players, and by far the friendliest server in my opinion is crushbone but its pretty much a dead server nowadays
  14. Kiriania New Member

Antonia Bayle is the best.
  15. Jolemai Active Member

What timezone are you both?
  16. Le Clown Active Member

Hope you're transferring off freeport.
  17. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Not a lot of guilds that are going to have those kinds of numbers on at any given time. But if there are any, they're likely on AB.

+1 for AB. Largest population or at the very least the largest population of experienced players. Lots of raid guilds and raid alliances, everything from super casual to hardcore.
  18. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The main reason Freeport has a high population is because it was the trial server for F2P. A lot of new players (myself included) rolled there to check out EQ2. I must admit, AB likely has a far higher population of players who are veterans in the game. It doesn't mean us newbies on Freeport are unfriendly and don't know the game, though.
  19. Atan Well-Known Member

Feel free to PM me, depending on the group of people your talking about, may be some decent options.
  20. Ladymist Well-Known Member

I play Freeport and Antonia Bayle equally. I guarantee freeport will have A tleast 8 guilds with those kind of numbers of folks logged in in a guild.
    No we arent talking about weekends either. Freeport is by far the largest but the drawback to that is when leveling a alt dungeons and skyshrine are always camped. It sucks leveling up in overcrowded zones. so you have to go to closed ones

Saying freeport doesnt help newbies is glaringly false too. Because there is a lot more newbies weekly on freeport. There is a regular influx of info in general for them from us vets. On antonia bayle time and again the response from vets is "there is no grouping until high level"
    The only difference I see between freeport and antonia bayle is Freeport is more casual attitude when it comes to groups. they dont expect you to have 650cc to run nexus and hive and dont expect that photofinish group.

Antonia bayle is smaller but more community minded and have a lot more player events. I have seen my fair share of trollers on both servers and you can not base the community by the handful of trolls who act out in general. what you want to do is watch the high level lfg channel and see how long it takes to find groups or how many active people are in it. Because on your off raid time you will be working on the heroics for etymas ect and improving your toon