Infinitum Nihil T2 FP GH on Oasis - Image Heavy

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Eryn, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Eryn Well-Known Member

Recently my guild got a serge of new members to the point where we were able to move up to a T2 GH once again. I was excited to get into decorating but I had trouble with some ideas. So off I went looking on other servers for ideas and came up with some. If you see something familiar it's only because I loved it so much.

Upon entering the GH you are welcomed with a warm fire and a comfy place to sit.
    [IMG]

Looking up you can see the beautiful crystal ceiling (thanks to my guild mate who can tweak the editor)
    [IMG]

To the left of the foyer is the travel room where one can port to all parts of Norrath
    [IMG]

To the right of the foyer you can find the banking and brokers to help you out with anything
    [IMG]

Past the Bank and Broker is the tradeskill area
    [IMG]

Up the hall way is the trophy room to show off all the guild's accomplishments (once again thanks to my guild mate for the ceiling and floor)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now we take the portal to Seasonal Fun..What could that be??
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Behind each doorway you can celebrate some of Norrath's Holiday's
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Next we move on to somewhere you can quietly sit and relax after a long day of adventuring
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Before you leave please make sure you visit the Marshmallow Hummingbird Pub
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Goldinrae Active Member

Wow,some great ideas in here and it looks lovely.. Hope you don't mind visitors! I particularly love the idea of the holiday scenes. May just have to steal that concept at some point. Nicely done.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Eryn like this.
  3. Eryn Well-Known Member

Thank you, I welcome visitors. Please visit, take from it what you like. And if I'm on please shoot me a tell.

Eryn
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

*floored* This is stunning. I see so many little details there that I absolutely must come see in person. May I borrow the crystal chandelier?
  5. Eryn Well-Known Member

Absolutely, I will let my guildmate know that you like it.
  6. Geden Well-Known Member

Very bright and cheerful guild hall, love the themed areas for each holiday!
  7. Valzen Well-Known Member

Very nicely done. Overall theme is happy and light. Kudos!!
  8. Gracey Well-Known Member

Great job - love how you made a room for each season!
  9. Eryn Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone. I'm never sure if my stuff is any good, even though my friend tells me it is, so it's nice to see others appreciate my work.
  10. Afista Well-Known Member

Wow, this is a wonderful guild hall! I love all of the details throughout. Each area has a very distinctive feel, but the whole project is pulled together with exceptional work. I love the crystal ceiling as well. Awesome work!
  11. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I think a lot of us feel unsure of our own work. *hug* your decor is beautiful.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's the mark of a true artist! :D

I think it's because they have a glorious idea in their heads and think they can never do it justice, no matter how close they get... /hugs!

Uwk
    Bregdania likes this.
  13. Bregdania Active Member

I love the transformations that can be created in the smaller guild halls. So very much nicer in my opinion to the Tier 3 ones. Congratulations on such a welcoming treat for the eyes in a fully functional hall.
    <quietly tiptoes to see how she can collect the crystal chandelier on her way out the door> ;)
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The big thing for me in just touring the T3 places (rather than visiting an existing one) is that I can never understand how they expect us to be able to decorate all the rooms, let alone the outside areas, "side" area stuff (like the battlements, water feature in the basement, etc.), and so on given the limited number of item slots we have. Giving the building block category its own item count helps, but then you'd need a super computer to be able to get in... X-P

Uwk
    who likes T2's the best ;->
    Bregdania likes this.
  15. Bregdania Active Member

You have said it all exactly how I felt about the Tier 3!!!

I loved the rooms I was able to create and decorate. Individual areas were really lovely and those who visited felt so too. Certainly with the changes to item count with the building blocks it did free up far more items to do more. What it didn't do though was prevent horrible lag waiting for things to render. If you ran from room to room things would render as you entered but don't dare use a portal or you would have to stand and wait for things like the banker and broker to appear let alone anything else.

We are a level 93 guild and it wouldn't take too much effort to get to 95 to be able to use the new Tier 3 halls but when I went and toured the layout I could see the same problem recurring. The first area is still the same and then there is all the new area through the fixed portals to decorate. I just couldn't see how it would be any better ... so, much as it looked a backward step - it is the Tier 2 halls for me.

Seeing so many of the creative people working the Tier 1's and Tier 2's just confirms my appreciation of these halls.
  16. Eryn Well-Known Member

A few years ago we had a T3 and we ended up losing a bunch a guildies so we couldn't afford the upkeep on the hall anymore and I was actually grateful to move down. It was small but I wasn't running around all over the place and I could make it more comfy and homey. Only moved up to the T2 because I wanted the pub.
  17. grlnxtdr Active Member

I Love the T2 Hall. I Split ours in Half, with the right wing for crafting and travel, and the left as our "Vacation Manor," Our Guild is Just Hubby and Me, and recently we were joined by friend of ours who is just returning to the game after several years hiatus. I wanted the GH to be more Limke a Family Residence than a Guildhall. We have a large Library, a Nice Kitchen with Breakfast Nook, and fancy dinning area. Still Working on the bedroom areas.

(PS, pardon any bad typing, broke my thumb last night and keep bumping the keyboard with the splint)
  18. krizet Active Member

Absolutely phenomenal artistic tenacity! Wonderful job! Leaves me with a pile of inspiration... now I need to find the courage to tackle my own GH... /shudders...
  19. Eryn Well-Known Member

It was just me in the guild for a few years until I convinced the hubby to come back. Told him with all the new changes and things it's kinda a new game for him. Once he got suckered back in it wasn't hard to get old guildies/friends to come back too.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ow! Ow ow ow...hope your thumb gets better; I'd jammed mine once in athletic practice, figured it wouldn't be any different than any other jammed finger (maybe a hairline fracture, stick a foam-lined aluminum splint over it, tape it down, get on with life), but the doctor I eventually went to because of it (almost a week later) took one look at the X-rays and promptly started having kittens...

"OH MY GOD!! YOU JAMMED YOUR THUMB!! OH MY GOD!!"
    "Well, yeah, I'm aware of that, but y'know, padded aluminum splint--"
    "NO NO NO!! YOU JAMMED YOUR THUMB!!"
    "Yeah, right, got that, but it's my left thumb, I don't even use it for much--"
    "IT'S YOUR THUMB!!! YOU HAVE TO WEAR A CAST!"
    "Well, okay, something wrist-to-fingertip...?"
    "NO NO NO!!"

And promptly covered my entire lower left arm, from almost fingertips all the way to the elbow, in a cast, for 3 weeks. I was so pissed. :-/

Uwk
    grlnxtdr likes this.