85-95 quest XP must be adjusted.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kalika, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

Currently it's 100 time faster to simply kill mobs, either boring skyshrine groups (or anywhere you want, mistmoore, rujark ... wherever) than questing.

I quite prefer questing, or let's say that i would prefer to have alternatives.

So could you raise quest XP so that it's not totally ridiculous ?
    Karrane likes this.
  2. Ladymist Well-Known Member

they lowered the exp, which we all noticed (those I know) when the 85 heroics were introduced
  3. Azian Well-Known Member

I didn't find 85-90 to be all that bad for quest xp. However, 90-95 in Withered Lands and Cobalt Scar is HORRID. I have two older 90s that will not do a single quest in either of those zones but will go right to grinding instead when I get around to leveling them.
  4. Vladislav Active Member

WL quest exp has always been horrid, if your account does not have veteran bonus, you would be very lucky to get a single level for entire WL timeline. Running up an lat through there recently, I do not think the exp has changed since Heroic characters, as DoV quests are still pretty good option.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

SoE fails to understand why having unrewarding quests are detrimental to enjoyment of gameplay.

I generally agree with the OP. No level appropriate quest should give less than 5% xp, and the coin rewards should be increased by a factor of 5-10x.

Completing a quest should feel rewarding, not mundane grinding, cause when its grinding, dungeon grinding is universally the path to go.
  6. Ladymist Well-Known Member

you may not think the exp changed but the next day after thats all i heard in voice was what did they do nerf the exp and everyone agreeing something was different
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Wasn't that the same time a bug hit zones like Seb and Chelsith, and the XP WAS lower there? Until the devs got wind of it, checked and fixed, that is.
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

90-95 is horrid because they purposely made the levels take longer with the introduction of prestige abilities.
  9. Charlice Well-Known Member

It's a bit silly. Quests should be the greatest source of xp imo. It's Everquest, not Evergrind.
    beagley, Demonicate, Xillean and 3 others like this.
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

same difference, though it's not nearly as bad as in EQ1. :p
  11. Ladymist Well-Known Member

maybe it was i dont really recall. i bet your right though
  12. Mae- Well-Known Member

This motto is by far the most obnoxious way to fight for more exp on quests. I don't even know why but I detest whenever anyone says this, like the name of the game should have any bearing on the content of the game.

Now don't get me wrong, I agree that quests need to reward similar exp/hr that a sub-par grind group would. A good grind group SHOULD give you the very best exp, but being able to quest and get rewards as well as experience that isn't painfully slow should be an option. I just worry that they'll swing the hammer too hard and make questing the #1 only way to level (remember RoK? That was torture for people like me who only like to quest in moderation) and make killing mobs mean next to nothing.
  13. Charlice Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware it was a motto tbh. It just felt very wrong that after days questing I got one level. An hour in SS netted me two with little thought or effort.
    I'm also not suggesting mindless killing of mobs or grouping should give less xp, but, questing and following quest lines should give you more.
    Xillean, Avahlynn and Belenos like this.
  14. Mae- Well-Known Member

Oh, I know that's not what you're suggesting, but the devs don't always follow suggestions the way you think they would ;) (This is NOT an insult at devs, I know they're doing the best they can to balance things!!!)
  15. Darkhorse Member

Grinding in dungeons has always given more EXP in this game. Quests always seemed to just be meant to give out items, rep, and gear from what I've noticed. I only grind WL for the gear and will chrono down and hit a dungeon for EXP. I doubt they will change that. The DEV's years ago said that some area's are good for loot, some are good for gear and some areas, normally dungeons, are best for EXP.

I haven't noticed any change in EXP gain in those areas. When I'm working on quests I just stop watching my EXP bar. Otherwise, it would drive me crazy cause it's super slow. :) But I'm pretty sure it's been like that for over 5 - 6 years.
    Deveryn likes this.
  16. Charlice Well-Known Member

It just feels like the quests from 90-95 give far less xp than any previous 5 levels. I'm guessing though, that the questlines if followed and completed, may get you from 92-95? Not sure, I've just recently come back to a stack of level 90 toons. :confused: Tbh I wish I'd never left now. It always feels faster to level, when you're leveling with the majority of players.

I did that too Darkhorse, (didn't look at my xp bar) but then when I finally did, I felt like sticking pins in my eyes. But then again, I just want my beloved Necro to be 95 ... NOW! :eek:
  17. Darkhorse Member

Chrono down, pop an EXP potion and go to town in a dungeon. If you find the right spot you cam get a level about every 2 hours sometimes quicker. Good luck :)
    Charlice likes this.
  18. Darkhorse Member

Don't forget your Merc!
  19. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Mercs 'cost' you xp, you will do better without one at all. and mentoring gives a huge hit to xp now.

Currently finding some way to grind with others in a level appropriate place is the best way to level, it just is mind numbingly boring.

In a game called Ever-QUEST should have questing as the best way to level. Fulfilling the RPG portion of the MMORPG. In D&D, AD&D, monsters were a small part of the leveling, doing some quest was more XP and more rewarding in that you used your mind to accomplish the task, fighting was 'the mechanics'. Currently EQ2 is Galaga with a keyboard, just mow mobs for best returns, and ToV solo zones end up being kite the mob to stay away from their 1 shots while you whittle them down. I want more D&D and less Mario, but I realize I am in the minority with this playerbase.
    Charlice likes this.
  20. Darkhorse Member

I couldn't disagree more. If the merc helps you kill 8 mobs in the time that it takes you to kill one, you'll move through the level much quicker. Trust me on this, I just got done leveling 5 characters through the 90 - 92 levels and I can go from 90 - 92 in about 4 to 6 hours or less with a 110% exp pot running with a merc the entire time. I often Chrono down and it's way better EXP. But you have to find the right spots to level.
    Deveryn likes this.