2014 Membership Benefit Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eniarrol New Member

this is one way to stop people subbing for gold-lets face it- it is all about 'everquest next' imo -if 'next' goes down the same road as eq2 -i.e. gold subs for 'extra' perks=SC=which can be saved every month in eq2 and othe SOE games and to be used/transfered in 'next' items(- and the game bombs after 3 -6 months SOE want / need to recover as much$$$ as quickly as possible on 'next'-dont forget 500sc=5$= sub of $10 not 15$ but next month -gone-

If you have paid for a yearly contract then SOE are contracted to give you 12months X 500sc and even if they alter terms and conditions-it can only be applied to new or renewed contracts. they will have to consult/negotiate with you personally-
    under the trades description act and the sales of goods act they are obliged legally to honour the contract you and they made at the time of signing up, because it is a very large alteration to their terms and conditions and as such they must honour the original contract..
    ime beginning to think that 'next' is not up to scratch- ist the con on pre-order- on a game that has not seen very much light of day just screeners etc.eq2 members are falling for the oldest trick in the book -pay now try later on a `new' game -in other words=SoE=screw u= have a free flag!!!! even WOW let their subscribers of over 3 years have -free beta testing on Diablo3 game ???
    so why are SOE charging for beta -what are they running scared of
    What other mmo`s are in pipeline from other companies this year-
    I for 1 will never purchase any MMO and i do love them- until 3 months have passed and the players themselves start giving their verdict-warts and all- hype/adverts are just that and the mags are no better they are paid to give positive reviews-or no revenue- and my money is hard earned. remember the hype on the last star wars game!!!!!
    EQ2 is an excellent MMO and in1 person's famous quote- 'if it ain't broke why fix it'
    aspekx likes this.
  2. Leko New Member

Nice change. The 500 SC never really meant that much to me but really in favor of selecting an item once a month that I may not have purchased due to the larger SC price.

The micro transaction market is difficult to predict and SOE needs to make adjustments to the business model to continue profit streams. With out profit SOE can not support to continue running the games.
  3. Balbasur Active Member

not a big deal will just get a new mount instead of 6 lil items, this is much more vaulable
    Belenos likes this.
  4. Vergonitrix New Member

You just removed any reason for me to renew my gold membership. I do buy large items occasionally, but i mainly buy small items, and i use the points for all the differant things, not excluding certain ones. So you are limiting what I can buy, and the amount of items i can buy with this change, with the hope that buying a large ticket item a month will make me happy.
    News flash...you failed to make me happy, by limiting me in multiple ways.
    I will still play, but you will not see me renew, or my wife, or any of my 4 children that still play occasionally. Sorry, but you should perhaps have put out a poll or something before this change.
    Hamster, Torvaldr and aspekx like this.
  5. Louly Well-Known Member

I like the idea :) 2000sc is great and I usually spent that in a month so works for me. And it starts right
    when my sub renews Happy resub to me :D
    Belenos likes this.
  6. Qixil Active Member

Not the best move, I think. Sounds like all the SC deals (or the lack thereof) are aimed at benefitting only EQ Next, which at this point I wouldn't even touch. this looks to be some bold move that appears like a bargain but is actually a disguise.. I assume the only item worth purchasing for 2000 SC (AA bauble) will in fact be excluded, so logically are players gaining anything by this or in fact losing. Jeez. This just shouts "please don't play our game anymore."
    Hamster likes this.
  7. aspekx Well-Known Member

for those of you dropping your subs, i really think this is the overall plan longterm for SOE. they don't want to owe you anything and by selling SC instead of subs they can do that.
  8. Benjamin Member

9. Balbasur Active Member

Woah after reading all the comments the only thing I can think of is Netflix, remember how that turned out.
    Hamster likes this.
  10. kellian1 New Member

Because the industry and customer base of Netflix is so closely related to the MMO industry? Are you kidding?

I mean it seems pretty clear (by your 4 posts already on this) you love the idea...good for you not everyone is going to hate it i'm sure. However, there are clearly folks not happy...not sure what you're goal is, but if it's to change peoples minds about this you might be better served not wasting your time.
  11. Scalette Member

Guess it is time to not pay for my gold account anymore. I don't use 2000 SC on anything, I would rather put that $15 a month into SC that I will use. Like un-lockers and such. I will end up saving my real life money in the long run. I think you are making a BIG Mistake SoE!!! :eek:
    Hamster likes this.
  12. Zexian Member

This is what I see:

The physical 1500+ SC cards being removed from stores and going to Digital Purchase is fine. I can see that. That's a bonus as it takes away the actual product manufacturing of the actual item to lower costs to go digital. Great idea! Go Sony!

Staying a gold member, honestly, we don't need rewards for that. SoE doesn't owe us anything but a fun time in game with updated content and the fact that they are working toward things to benefit future games under their name. Everyone has gotten spoiled with the Freebies that SoE has given. x2 - x3 SC weekends. +500 SC on Cards. +500 SC to gold members, yadda.

What SoE has done has created a place that we all can sit back, drink our whatevers, smoke the other whatevers, and act like kids and pout when a toy is taken away or we're told 'NO'. SoE then turns into the bad guy and we're all the upset children.

Yes, I'm upset at what they are doing as many of you are. But, honestly, Loyalty tokens isn't enough? Them constantly adding, trying to appease their members, not just Gold, but all others such as Silver and F2P too.

I was upset enough to say 'I'm going to cancel my sub, leave game, bla bla bla whine' then I stopped and realized just exactly how I sounded. Childish. :confused:

Let's take a step back and see exactly what SoE may have planned. Kill the games in prep for EQL/N? I doubt it. They've put too much work into EQ and EQ2 to give up and destroy something that people will be damned to leave, come hell or high water. Loyal customers and players are key to a games success. So let's give them the benefit of the doubt and stop acting like spoiled brats.
    Belenos and Spindle like this.
  13. Balbasur Active Member

Actually there is a pretty big // between SOE and Netflix, you are a fool if you think mistakes are separated by industries.
  14. Balbasur Active Member

Yea, gold status giving double tokens is more than enough. Hope they keep it!
    Belenos likes this.
  15. kellian1 New Member

No there isn't...Netflix had 25+ million customers when they made the change, EQ2 has what 500k at most? Netflix customer base was growing every year since 1997, EQ2 has been around since 04 and has basically gone in the opposite direction with minimal or no growth the last few year and certainly gone down since 04.

MMO games are a niche market, even WoW. Movie/TV watching isn't .

They couldn't be more different, and if you think there is ANY correlation between the two I have no idea what you are looking at.
  16. Neche New Member

It's a garbage change and decreases customer loyalty in your most loyal customers (those who are willing to subscribe).

F2P players are *fickle*. They are great for lining your pockets, but as soon as they get bored or unhappy, off they go to another game. People who pay for 3/6/12 month subscriptions, OTOH, pay to keep the lights on and will stick around because they've already paid ahead of time.
    Brezard likes this.
  17. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

This is meant to 'train' you to purchase from the store, 500sc wasn't getting it done.

Although how can you complain about 1500 more to spend?

SOE customers would complain if they sent them $100 because it wasn't 2 50s

When double etyma goes away, so does my gold sub.
  18. Diggen New Member

This is the part that worries me. Rather than exclude bundles I think they need more, larger bundles. Example: I bought matching furniture sets during the sale. The most expensive bundle for Refined Light Wood sets is 460. The entire Cherry Grove collection consists of 5 bundles totaling 2080. Yet, it would take 5 months to get this set under the new system.
    Glenorian likes this.
  19. Ebollah New Member

20. Brezard New Member

LOL - I preferred your original post before the edit :eek:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.