how about you flag stuff that cant be transmuted as no transmute?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gideon, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Gideon Member

its beyond ridiculous that there are still at this point items in the game that meet the transmute requirements but still for what ever reason cant be transmuted.
    and i'm not talking about appearance items, these are weapons that are treasured or better well in the level range and cant be transmuted.
    also with there now being eleventeen thousand newer appearance items there should mabey be a way to filter them out of your broker searches.
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Can you provide a link to one of these items? I haven't encountered any issues other than ooops forgot to repair.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Items you buy from NPCs are never transmutable.
  4. Tetrol Well-Known Member

there are the odd treasured and legendary items that won't transmute - that have no evident differences to those that do - they are not marked no-value or anything else that might suggest no transmuting.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Some of the newbie area items aren't transmutable (/bugged them as I loot). Other than those items, it's been a very long time where I found an item in other tiers that fits the criteria to be transmutable and in fact couldn't transmute. Doesn't mean there aren't there (as the newbie ones still haven't been fixed, I assume I'm not the only one that /bugs them when I loot :p)
  6. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Well if you have upgraded all your toons from their CoE gear to ToV gear the Steward items are not transmutable, but as was mentioned items bought from a merchant do not qualify.
  7. Gideon Member

not sure how to link items to the forums.
    Jasper Hilted Blade ,treasured slashing weapon,not sure of the level the item ,the examine window don't have it displayed but it was on the broker that was filtered for level 0 to 5 items. cant be transmuted.
    Necklace of Boarfyr neck or ear slot, also cant be transmuted.
    those are two of the handful i had that i didnt sell to a merch. it wasn't steward gear or anything, i was buying stuff off the broker to level my transmute skill.
  8. Tineren Active Member

That's your problem. Some early items don't have levels at all. Those items don't transmute since they don't fit in any level range.
  9. Gideon Member

if they showed up when i filtered the broker between levels 0 and 5 they must have a level value thats not being displayed right?
    at least you would think lol
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

There is an internal NO-TRANSMUTE flag, but it's not displayed in-game. It would be a lot of extra clutter if it was shown on everything, but perhaps it could be set to show on items which aren't already NO-VALUE.

Example:
    http://eq2.me/i/Ale-stained Cloak of the Gathering
  11. Caela Well-Known Member

Items you buy with dungeon maker tokens do not transmute - and I always forget. They look just like any other item - here is one http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1532633758 - Globe of Swirling Spirits. (that link says NO-TRANSMUTE, but it's not in game - though I believe NO-VALUE is). I always forget about the NO-VALUE not being transmutable.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Try it again with a level range of 1-5. If it still shows up, then it has a level value. Level 0 might be allowing items without a level value into the list. (It is also possible that it is not, but performing the aforementioned check should allow you to tell whether that is a factor.)
  13. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Because of this weird flagging thing, it's almost easier to create a new character and just mail yourself the items it gets as it levels than it is to try and buy off the broker.
  14. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

[IMG]Way too many caveats to remember, sigh and I find stuff all the time that can't be transmuted for example: