Removing adornments

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Rarespoon, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Rarespoon Member

With the new purple adornments, I noticed you can buy the purple adornment remover for 100 currency and save the item but can you use a regular adornment remover to get the purple adornment out and the item turn into appearance only?

Would suck to just hold on to purple adornments because I can't afford to remove them if an item gets upgraded.
  2. q-ruf Member

3. Whitetide Active Member

They have purple dislodgers that retain the original piece as functional for 250p by Vaesna.
  4. Kwikdeath Active Member

The 250p dislodgers don't work on purple adorns...

Why my bolster adorn in still sitting in my bags. Sad we get nice adorns this xpac but don't want to put them on gear we are going to replace because of the insane dislodger cost. Just make the purple dislodger 500p and there would still be a strong incentive to not change adorns around frequently.

Farming currency for a week just to pop off an adorn seems like the worst idea that I can think of. If we get a nice drop as a player we should be encouraged to use it, not stash it in our bags until we get a raid drop...
  5. Whitetide Active Member

I haven't had any purple adorns to dislodge yet, but guildies say the 250p one works, as well as the CoE zone dropped dislodgers.

Shrug.
  6. Kwikdeath Active Member

Oh we'll if they do then that's a different story. I just had asked and was told you needed to get the purple to remove the purple adorns.

The only purple adorn I have is bolster so I'm not going to throw that on a nexus drop to test it out. Would be nice to get confirmation, as I've only farmed 45 Etyma so far so if it really does take 100 there is no way I'd be putting adorns on anything less than ToV heroic or raid drops
  7. Whitetide Active Member

I believe this is the one you are referring to for Etyma? This would allow you to keep the functional item: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Superb_Purple_Adornment_Dislodger

I'm pretty sure the other dislodgers that leave you with an appearance item or destroy the item completely will still give you the purple adorn back. Can a dev confirm? Or others with first hand experience?
  8. Rarespoon Member

Having a 6% double casting adorn drop and then not being able to use it cause I'd rather save etyma to buy green gems is dumb. I understand the price to remove the adorn and keep the item but the only reason to remove a good purple adorn would be to put it in something else.

Guess it will just sit in my bags for a bit =(
  9. Whitetide Active Member

I'd happily take it off your hands for you, for the price of a good dislodger. :p