need a way to remove purple adornment...

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by q-ruf, Nov 15, 2013.

1. q-ruf Member

thats cheaper then getting 5 new ones!

currently if i want to remove a purple adornment i need a recipie for 75 etyma and 65 etyma to craft the dislodger (or 100 etyma to directly buy it)
    that dislodger does conserve the item but i really dont need the item...
    with dislodgers costing that much all the quest items should not have purple slots on them because you update them so fast and putting a purple adornment on it is a huge waste of resources.

imo there really needs to be a much cheaper dislodger (like 5 eyma for the ones that cost 15 to craft) to remove adornments from items you dont need anymore.
    also put one on the daily-coin-merchant (name escapes me)
    Chimeron likes this.
  2. Pauly Well-Known Member

only the rare dropped purples are worth removing.
  3. Kwikdeath Active Member

+1 to this. Give us a cheap dislodger that destroys the item and returns the purple adorn.

Just got the bolstered attributes adorn and it sucks leaving it in my bag because I know I am going to be upgrading soon and don't want to be forced to run a substandard weapon simply because it has an adorn on it I can't afford to dislodge. They have all been for plat in the past, so make it 500p for the purple dislodger that destroys the item...would be far better than 100 of the currency.
    Wurm likes this.
  4. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Never tryed but i give it a go, we need something cheap ;)
  5. Mae- Well-Known Member

For quested gear, at least, I heard if you use the item to turn it into a coin for trade in, the adornments pop off. I haven't put any purple adorns on yet so I can't confirm.
  6. Rarespoon Member

Agree, being excited about getting a rare 6% flurry or double cast adorn and not being able to use it because you can't remove it unless you farm for two weeks is silly. You either leave the adorn in your bags until you have something really worth putting it in, or leave the upgrade in your bags until you have enough etyma to remove it, either way it sucks cause I have to leave something in my bag that I'd rather wear....:(
  7. Whitetide Active Member

As stated in the other thread, there is a 250p dislodger for sale by Vaesna that will remove the item. The CoE dropped dislodgers I've been told work as well.
  8. Chimeron Member

Devs reduce the cost please. It is way too expensive.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Prismatic dislodgers remove 'all' types of adornments. Just takes adorning mats to make them.
  10. olleran Active Member

Although the crafted Prismatic Dislodgers says it removes all adorns it does NOT remove purple adorns
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ouch. They need to change something.. either change the description of the prismatic dislodgers to say white, red, yellow and green adornments only, or allow them to take off purples.
    I prefer the later, but the former is necessary if the later isn't done.
    Prrasha likes this.
  12. Whitetide Active Member

Something doesn't add up here. A guildie has told me that he specifically has used the 250p dislodger to take purples out of his gear, and that it works. I haven't had the need yet so I haven't tested personally.

On top of that, 100 etyma for the purple dislodger? Are raid runes really going to be worth that? Is it possible this is a re-useable dislodger? If it were, the 100 etyma would seem more than fair.
  13. Eileithia Active Member

If you have Cryptic gear (AS Gear) you can buy a yellow gemstone for 6 Etyma to upgrade it, which will pop the adornment off in the process. That's assuming you haven't already dumped 4 gems into the gear. For heroic gear (Arcane/Potent) just buy a new one, unless it's one of the rare dropped ones, then spend the plat.
  14. Whitetide Active Member

From today's(tomorrow it goes live) patch notes:

TRADESKILLS
    Crafted adornment dislodger's should now be able to be used on items with purple adornments.

also can adorn white crit chance to any gear slot :)
    Mermut likes this.