I thought Expansions were supposed to get cheaper, not 180% cost after they are years old.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Robert the Fourth, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Maltaros Active Member

The only problem is there hasn't been double or triple station cash (outside of specials for cards bought at specific store) for a long time. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that we won't be seeing them again. The stores around me that get the sales don't carry SC cards (even the Free Realms branded ones), so I don't expect to get any except at the 1:100 ratio.
    Ahupu likes this.
  2. Ahupu Well-Known Member

I noticed that as well and if true (who knows they may have a general double SC sale when the Heroes' Call is over) would be in place to fix the value of all the SC items such as heroic characters, and now AoD pieces. In the thread where I posited 18K SC for the pieces separately my estimate included all six pieces (including the AA) and I gave it that price so that triple SC would not devalue it past being 50% more expensive than just the original expansion. Fixing the value by eliminating SC sales is the other way to do that of course. And aagin if true we will see more ITEMS for sale and no SC sales.
  3. Malvin Member

Who would have thought that that trying to figure out how much money to give to Sony would be more complex then the actual game its self. lol
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

What most people want that do not have AoD is access to the mercs. A few want a Beastlord, but most I've talked with want a merc to run with. Now they can get one without buying the whole pkg
    Spindle likes this.
  5. Gideon Member

but apparently a lot of people like the OP wanted them free or thought they were going to get the parts on the cheap . but now with the break up they see they pay a lot more for the parts then they would if they would have bought it all at once lol.
  6. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Meh I bought the CE of AoD a year ago for more than it will be for the pieces and I thought it was worth it then. Of course I have like 20 alts and they all have a free prestige house, and with the marketplace cost of that even with double or triple SC it paid for itself. Not even counting all the other things.
  7. Estal Well-Known Member

Mercs will drop in popularity, simply put, they are only powerful at low levels and those willing to pay to make the catch up grind faster will be able to just buy a pre grinded toon instead.
  8. Detor Active Member

Now if they just add a way to convert 1 Krono into 1500SC that would be great. Might drive the price of Kronos up or it might just cancel out any demand drop that happens from removing equipment restrictions on silver accounts.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Sorry but 1500 sc to get an account flagged for mercenaries is a lot less than 3500 sc for a heroic. Besides you'd have to fokr out 3500 for each heroic whereas you only have to pay 1500 SC once for mercenary use for all your characters. I think it will actually become a little more popular than you think.
  10. Tineren Active Member

Station cash sales have never been as common as people remember. And the spring and summer month sales are usually devoted to their "retail partners". The only reliable triple SC day has always been during Frostfell. Most years that's the only time they have done it.
    In any event they have still regularly had sales and rebates. So you still wouldn't be paying 1:100.
    Deveryn likes this.
  11. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

...don't give them any ideas.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

I disagree. We'd rather pop a merc out for short groups in CoE or other dungeons. They don't talk back, we don't have to listen to their bs and they are right there when we need them instead of waiting for a complete stranger to get in zone. Yeah...this is probably one of the root causes for less grouping in this game. But mercs are just more readily available.
  13. Raff Well-Known Member

Well, from what I can tell...the OP want it all free. And it may go that way eventually. A totally non sub game with a marketplace? Pay for new expansions and you don't have to deal with the cost and security issues of credit card transactions? Would not suprise me in the least to see it come to that.
    Kalderon likes this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

Or I should say, the cost/security/record keeping issues of maintaining monthly fees.
  15. Taysa Well-Known Member

One of the major selling points of AoD was the extra 20 AA.

Now EVERYONE is getting those. For free.
  16. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

these are also the same exact reasons for multi-boxing over PUGS