How hard is it to split one character off to a new account?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wurm, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

Following situation,

My friend has been playing as long as me and back in 2005 his youngest son used to watch him play all the time.

Since his son showed so much interest in the game my friend let him make a character to play whenever my friend wasn't playing.

Since then his son has grown up, gone to college, and moved out. But last weekend he came back to visit and told his father that he wouldn't mind playing EQ2 again, but would rather use his old character instead of rolling a new one.

So my friend asked me yesterday in guild chat what he could do about it and I told him I would ask here at the forums (he has never used the forums so consider him one of the silent majority)

1) is it possible? Once the toon is moved to a new account it will be made gold with a CC.

2) Will the toon lose all of his Veterans rewards or account age? (main reasons my friends son doesn't want to reroll).

3) How much does it cost and who does my friend have to contact?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

The process is described at https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23714
    Also vet rewards are linked to accounts not characters, so creating a new character on an account today will get the same vet rewards as a character created 8 years ago on the same account.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

Well he would have to make a new account to move his sons toon to... but I read the link you posted (thanks) and he does keep all his veteran's rewards when moving as long as they have been claimed so that shouldn't be an issue.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

However his current account has all the Expansions, how does that work? Is he going to have to buy them all again just to move? I think I read that, if so then the best time to do this is after the new expansion comes out and make the new account and buy the new expansion for it and the expansion for the old account then they should be at the same level.

Except the old account has AoD...

I see now this is going to get messy and expensive.
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Since veteran rewards are account-based rather than character-based, his FUTURE vet rewards will changed to reflect the new accounts age. If he plans on moving his character to another account, just have him claim all of his rewards prior to moving. The destination account must have the equal amount or more expansions as the source account and an available character slot. Since AOD is going al a carte, that might not be a hurdle after October 1st. The only ones that can answer that are customer service, so you'll need to direct the original account holder to talk with them about options.
    Transfers are $25 (2500 SC) per character (limit of 2 per 24 hours! I found that out in a server move that I was gated from the automated service (transfer tokens) due to limitations on amount you can use per day. :eek:
  6. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Account to account transfers have to go through CS anyway, there is no token service via the SC shop (these cover only server to server within the same account).
    Creating a new account will automatically get all expansions up to and including Sentinels Fate, so he'll need to shell out for Chains of Eternity - which currently includes Destiny of Velious.
    Since October 1st is only a few days away, it's best to wait until after then to do the transfer and use the time in between to get any other questions answered by CS.
  7. Colm Active Member

If i'm not mistaken, the account that you intend to transfer the toon to must be 60 days or older too. At least, that's usually a rule that applies to anything involving cross-account activity.

And they'll lose access to any unclaimed vet rewards, so claim whatever you can. Since the account age is, well, linked to the account, and not the toon.

In anycase, there's always the loyalty merchant for some of the vet rewards, I mean yeah, its not all, but its a decent amount of stuff one might find useful on a newer account. So try to inform them of that as well, if they don't know about it yet.
  8. Tajar Well-Known Member

The accounts also have to be the same subscription level I believe.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Not true on the 60 days or older. The Original account must be 60 days or older, but you can transfer to a brand new account.

1) Yes. New account must have the same expansions (or more) than old account. So if old account has CoE + AoD, new account will need both. [Wait for Oct 1st for AoD to become SC only and it may not be needed]
    2) Account Age yes, Toons will keep all vet rewards already claimed.
    3) 2450 SC - Buy the token off the Marketplace on that toon (Server transfer one), don't use it. Place it in bag slot 1 of bag 1. /Petition, find the character transfer thing, and submit the petition including the form found at Here
  10. Ladymist Well-Known Member

you have to have the typical stuff prepped

Mail box cleared
    Broker cleared
    toon fully mended
    be in a outland zone
    purchase transfer token and have in bag

both my toons tranfers between accounts required over the phone interaction
    they want for you to know both accounts info
    your characters name

claim your vet rewards before the transfer

you can simply make the newer account gold by subbing or krono, the toons gold status will not follow
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

As long as you fill in the form correctly, and be generally courteous in your petition, it's an easy process.
  12. Gideon Member

right but some petitions tend take a wile to get a reply, you can make a phone call and have it all done in less then 30 min.
  13. Ladymist Well-Known Member

yep phone call route will take you a whopping 7 minutes from start to end. Petitions usually get answered by the next morning. And the phone call is free

and for the poster saying it only matters if transferring server to server. They couldnt transfer the toon because it was in a guild hall we had to move it out to a outer zone. who knows what else your wrong about