Silver Account Restrictions Compared to Gold

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kentren, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

No one's acting like a ravaging child. I think I speak for others when I say grow weary of seeing the same post all the time, since F2P was introduced. I've been back and forth between gold and silver and I don't see the big deal, especially after the race, class, inventory and money restrictions were lifted. You pay for the full experience or you pay next to nothing for a feature (not content) limited experience.

People like to complain that SOE nickels and dimes people, but it's the customers who are trying to screw SOE and their employees out of money by demanding more features for free. This is not even the first time we've seen a staff reduction. Just pay the money and play the game.
    Lateana, Feara, Spindle and 8 others like this.
  2. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Complete aside Deveryn...322AA?
    Finora likes this.
  3. Thanin New Member

Some of the more aggressive responses are just exasperation with an entitled gaming culture mentality. Somewhere along the line it became cool to expect all of your entertainment to be free, which disrespects the hard work that the artists, writers and staff put into their creations.

And I'm not defending CEOs or shareholders concerns, this is about the low level "nobodies" who created the world that so many people now get to experience so much of for free - literally hours upon hours of gameplay can be had for the cost of Nothing, and yet people still whine for more. Just tired of it.
    Feara, flameweaver, Ahupu and 4 others like this.
  4. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

30 seconds of research would have given them everything they need to know to make a informed, educated decision

https://www.everquest2.com/free

not like they hide the information buried in 500 web pages
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That's an interesting one. I don't know why that's showing up like that. I don't think I even have that on beta, but I can't check that server at the moment.
  6. Guzaka New Member

The first thing is that you're forgetting the biggest difference. That being that the AA slider is locked. FFS I'm currently level 58 and have almost 200AA, I can tell you from experience that I'd be somewhere around 75 if it wasn't for this one difference. I don't know if Silver/Bronze memberships were ever met to reach the level cap because of this.
    Quabi likes this.
  7. Nelie Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't you be able to reach level cap because of this restriction (assuming you have the expansions)? A slight decrease in experience gain is a huge difference? LOL. You are lucky SOE didn't lock AA at 0% otherwise by the time you hit 90 you would have to catch up on quite a bit of AA before you could advance to 95. If the xp rate between silver and gold is that dramatically game changing, you can pay with the suggested ways to sub GOLD, stick with what restrictions you have and deal with it, or simply find another game/hobby.
    Kuulei and flameweaver like this.
  8. Gideon Member

even with the exp bar locked at 50/50 you can disable a few different exp options if you right click it. so you can prob get 200+ aa on bronze account on a 58 toon
  9. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Simple math says it shouldn't take more than twice the time to level to 95 on a silver account.
  10. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I think his issue may be he wants to get to 90 with as close to 0 AA as possible, then use the Touch of the Steward for insta 280 AA....and it isn't worth it with the slider stuck at 50%. That leveling xp that could get him to 90 faster is getting him those nasty old AA points.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

I fail to see how having 50% AA is a bad thing, unless you are powerleveling to 95. Most gold subscribers who aren't powerleveling a character set their aa sliders to at LEAST 50% most of the time, many times more. I personally tend to run at 75%. AA are about as important as levels. A level 90 with 100 aa is going to be a really really crappy level 90 character. That power difference being one of the main reasons the devs made a requirement of 280 aa to level higher than 90. The difference in power of a character with the aa and without is massive.
    Mermut likes this.
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

Depending on how many different named you kill, with the AA slider set to zero, you get to 90 with around 100-130AA. I've done it 4 times now. Used up all my baubles!
  13. Guzaka New Member

To put it in Lament's terms. It's a very demotivating experience to run into a dungeon with someone five levels lower than leave with them 5 levels higher.
  14. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

But during that time how many AA did you get? If you actually spend the AA then you will come out more powerful. Not to mention he'll hit 90 and either have to use a bauble or farm AA to 280. You're better off than he.

Note: New AA spells no longer auto-appear on your spell bars. So try not to pre-spend too far or use the templates. You won't know if you got a new castable AA spell or not.
    Finora likes this.
  15. Dexella Associate Producer

16. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

that's not hard at all even with the aa bar at 50 percent or even 30 especially if the lower level toon has multiple level 95's on it, you get 20 percent bonus for each level 95 toon - gold or silver, now add in a 1 hour potion at 110 percent additional if you are gold with veteran bennies it costs nothing

200 percent vitality
    160 percent for 8 level 95 toons
    100 percent server bonus
    010 ;percent gold rush
    110 percent potion
    ------
    580 percent xp bonus
  17. Dethdlr Active Member

They recently changed how the AA points are listed in Census which is where we pull the data from for the signatures.

We're having to go back and re-code things to handle the change. spentpoints no longer means spentpoints for example so it's throwing off some calculations. Hopefully we'll have that cleaned up shortly.

Dethdlr
    EQ2U Lead Programmer