Drop rate yellow adorns Clefts of Rujark

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Tabri, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Tabri Well-Known Member

I am personally tired of farming Clefts of Rujark for the yellow adorns that I need. I am not a farmer so I dont want keys, nor the mythical in there or anything else.For something that normally has always just been sold on the merchant farmers are now selling them on the broker for 400 plat and up a piece its ridiculous. I can understand the keys and the chance to get a mythical thats awesome but for us to have to farm for something we need and normally can buy off a merchant for 5 or 6 plat each is stupid. Competing with plat farmers for something I need for raids is not exactly fun for me. Either increase the drop rate of them or put them on the merchant where they belong.
    Le Clown likes this.
  2. Lempo Well-Known Member

You don't NEED these they are a luxury item, they provide a small bonus to you.
    You have plenty of options here.
    You can do the content and get one.
    You can buy one off the merchant for the market price.
    You can do without and still easily get by.

The prices are not ridiculous, if they prices are too high the items will not sell and th people that have them up will lower the prices, the prices will also fall as demand decreases. This is NO DIFFERENT than having a rare best in slot item dropping from heroic content.
    If these belonged on the merchant that is where they would be, SOE did not want them there they wanrted them to be available in the content and that is where they are.
    Gash likes this.
  3. Chronus Active Member

Soloing rooms of trash with velium cipher on to get 2 of the 5 adornments I needed and 6 that I didn't took too long imo, should increase the drop rate on the 2nd and 3rd levels to encourage people to actually group for them seeing as the trash on that level is a lot less room-pullable apart from on tanks.
  4. Tabri Well-Known Member

You don't NEED these they are a luxury item, they provide a small bonus to you.
    You have plenty of options here.
    You can do the content and get one.
    You can buy one off the merchant for the market price.
    You can do without and still easily get by.

I do NEED these adornments because my gear has adornment slots and they are an upgrade I raid so I keep my gear as upgraded as possible.
    Doing the content? Farming is not doing the content
    I am not going to pay plat farmers 400 plat and up for a 5 plat adornment on a merchant
    I raid and progressing is what we mainly do I am not on this game to just get by or would care less

It will not hurt anyone for them to increase the drop rate farmers will still farm the zone anyway. They dont even drop on the 2nd and 3rd floor that I have seen at all. This is not a good plan for people to group at all people are soloing and botting the stupid zone on all floors.
  5. Lempo Well-Known Member

It is good that you WANT to keep your gear upgraded as much as you can however, that does NOT constitute a NEED for these, something tht you would like to have or want to have is not something you need, something you need would preclude you from doing something without it.

I raid too, and I'm not here to just get by either, but I haven't found the need to come create a care bear thread howling about plat farmers and ridiculous prices (mainly because neither of those have anything to o with why we are here).
    Content has been out a week and you are not already decked out in it and have all your gear and swap gear fully adorned with them and here you are demanding the instant gratification methods of obtaining them.
    JonnyJJJ and Ragna like this.
  6. Jimie New Member

I would say that the drop rate is fine. Saw 3 drop in a 30min stomp the other night with some bored guildies. Maybe everyone doesn't have time for the grind, but I wouldn't want anymore merchants selling the easy way. Just my two cents.
  7. Chronus Active Member

Dat RNG, took me several hours over 4 days to get 8 adorns to drop.
  8. Gash Active Member

Best-in-slot adorns ought to be either difficult or time consuming to get.
    Clefts isnt difficult...
  9. Hermmit Active Member

Seeing that the new Clefts is soloable (minus the epics), I don't see the OP's logic on the "bad" drop rate. IMO, these yellow adorns and the key drops should be added to the Scornfeather instance so people would actually run that zone.
    Taivr likes this.
  10. Tabri Well-Known Member

I have spent over 14 hours farming trash so far and have gotten 3 that I need so far, I still need 4 guess thats logical to you ummm yeah ok. Some people do not have this kind of time and a lot of people wont pay this amount of plat for them(aka myself) at this rate I should have the other 4 I need if I spend two hours a day at least in Clefts for at least another week or more. I just find that a bit extreme. Running a group with friends to get them with this lame RNG rate would have been better than running around like an idiot farming trash mobs solo.

Note: People are also camping/soloing the epics in there.
    I dont have anything against farmers I really didnt care that people farmed PR I also dont care if people do SLR(if nobody needs something then heck sell it), but to make me have to solo farm for something I use that is usually just on a merchant annoys me.It was the same thing with these were dropping off gear in the solo zones people complained enough to where they finally put them on the merchant they just basically did the same thing all over again. I think SOE likes people to get angry and leave this game.. Carebear? Get the eff out of here with your ******** comments please.
    Le Clown likes this.
  11. Lempo Well-Known Member

No you spent over 14 hours farming and got 3 that you WANTED, you still WANT 4.
    You are doing nothing but validating what I said about instant gratification, you won't have all the max level adorns in less than 2 weeks play, oh noes whatever will you do.
  12. Tabri Well-Known Member

Heres my main point I have Obols and Greater Spirits sitting in my shared bank that I am not using, I EARNED those by raiding and grouping with friends which to me is fun. Whats the point of running around solo killing trash to get the adorns when I already earned the Obols and Greater Spirits to buy them on a merchant and now I cannot, and no these adorns are no different than the rest they are just yellow adorns. I have said my say you can argue your lame point with the wall now I will not comment further.
  13. Daalilama Well-Known Member

The drop rate due to the poor RNG can be finicky at best and outright horrible at worst of times....do agree a slight mod to the drop rate could be in order however as I have run clefts daily for hours and saw not one yellow adornment drop...
  14. Ranga Active Member

It's not only yellow adorns, the rng is and always has been completely out of whack. You see the same people day after day after day SLRing the mounts and other desirable stuff every single day. How is it possible they have that much luck almost EVERY DAY over people who farm for weeks and don't see a thing. It's the same with the CoE instance essences.
  15. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

You could always farm normal content in heroics and solo zones, take the cash you get out of there, and within a few days be able to afford an adorn off the broker.

Or, you can grind Fabled Clefts.

Either way, you will invest time to get these best-in-slot items...regardless of your desire not to.
  16. Plinc Active Member

uh?!
    guess someone forgot this is Everquest...
  17. Gideon Member

they should have added these new adorns months ago tbh , with the adornment system changing its really not worth it to spend 20+ hours farming something that will be irrelevant when the expansion drops and the new system put in with it.

so you get like 2 months of having a extra 7 or so CB or pot.
  18. Estal Well-Known Member

The mobs in clefts are hyper trivial to kill.

The yellow adorns they can drop are superior to what you can buy with obols that come form mobs that are "harder" (although still trivial).

So really, either they move those new yellow adorns to mobs that are harder than mobs that drop obols and in return make them more common, or they leave the drop rate extremely low, because upping the drop rate on yellow adorns in clefts that are superior to ones obtainable in CoE would be making an even worse mockery of progression than the game in general already does.

In my opinion they should just move the new yellow adorns to drop from raid trash (and only there).
  19. Plinc Active Member

in the continuation of that logic, what are you gonna do with the rest of the week after clearing that 1 zone that now drops alll the stuff that you need (incl. food&drink so you never have to leave it) ?