Expansion on sale?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeySaysGo, Aug 2, 2013.

1. MikeySaysGo Member

Has anyone seen CoE on sale? I'm always checking Steam, but it's always $40. I figured with SoE LIVE going on, it would have some sort of discount.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The discount comes when it's bundled with Tears of Veeshan.
  3. Drumstixx Active Member

It's either Free to Play or full price. It's sad, but they hardly ever put their expansions on sale.

They're doing a REALLY good job of avoiding new customers, and another decently good job at giving their current customers what they don't want.
  4. Tattoo Active Member

I don't love this game but from an new players perspective paying 80$ for the game (AoD is mandatory, the 20AA's and reforging and mercenaries make it much more than 'an addon pack') on top of paying 15 bucks a month. C'mon SoE I want me some noobies to eat :D
  5. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

they mentioned at Live they are working a alacart method for the AOD, probably involving SC, but it may end up higher cost then the AOD combined, but then not all may want the beast lord class also
  6. Moleh New Member

I just got 90 last night and now need to buy CoE to progress. After the new expansion announcement I assume if I buy it now @ $40I will then need to also buy the new one next month also for $40? If I wait till next month I will get both for $40. This logic seem correct? Going to be a real pain to wait if that's the case but hard to pay double for anything for the sake of a month or two.
  7. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

where did you see the release date?
  8. Moleh New Member

Will find the link when I get home but it said SoE were targeting end of September for release. With that in mind are my fears above correct?
  9. Ahupu Well-Known Member

If that is indeed the release date you are better off waiting, as at the very least it should include CoE.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything about a September release date for the EQ2 expansion. I wouldn't bet on it before the end of October.

I did however see a September release date for the Dragon's Prophet game announced. I also just read that they planned on pushing the Heroic character thing live on EQ2 in mid September, but that isn't expansion related.
  11. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

COE was in November might be closer to then also
  12. Moleh New Member

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/0...sday-keynote-announces-expansions-release-da/

"She also highlighted a new feature coming mid-September that will allow all players to join in and experience the high-level content. Heroic Characters are level 85 toons, with a full set of armor and preassigned skills, that players can select to play. They will also come with a flying mount. Even better, Heroic Characters will be available to all players for free.

EQII's 10th expansion, Tears of Veeshan, is a continuation of the recent story played out since Chains of Eternity. This expansion, springing up around approximately the same time as the Heroic Characters, will bring plenty of new content. For starters, there's a new class! The Channeler is basically a bow-wielding priest with a pet construct."

So saying that the new expansion would be out around the same time as the mid-September feature is telling me we will see it in September?
    Feara likes this.
  13. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

pure speculation at this point, kind of like everyone is saying the IPhone 5s/6 will be released in October. Will wait for the official announcement that states it in black and white. If it comes out then, fine, if not can wait
  14. Moleh New Member

Not really speculation when its SoE saying at the EQ2 panel about the expansion. But i agree its not an official release date. I think it should be more than enough for people to be advised that they maybe a little annoyed if they buy CoE now, then have to buy the next expansion which comes with CoE free in less than 60 days.

Obviously people will make their own mind up and if and when they spend their money.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

Ugh, I hope that's a typo or a mis-speak on Holly's part unless they are planning to stick it all on the beta server soon as they get back from SOElive. Even then that will be yet another really short beta.
  16. Deveryn Well-Known Member

ToV should include CoE. At this point, it's definitely best to wait.
  17. Gideon Member

i doubt it will at launch, heck CoE did not include DoV till just a few months ago.
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Ah. I hadn't noticed (or I forgot :p). I'm usually picking them up as they come along.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

I was pretty sure DOV was included with COE when it was launched.

*just looked it up and yes, DOV was included at launch with COE. So I don't see any current reason why COE wouldn't be included with the next expansion.*
    Deveryn likes this.
  20. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Yes, COE always included DOV.. It just doesn't include AOD.