Moving bug .. losing items when moved to new house.

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cloudrat, May 1, 2013.

1. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Someone said they lost depot when they tried moving it to a house with one already in it, so I went to test it.

Tests were as follows from upper tenement in gorowyn to gorowyn magical manor:

1. Depot and grapvine packed into moving crate and moved fine. Crate placed by door in manor with items in it.
    2. depot and fruit from crook quest moved to manor without packing first was lost in transit. POOF
    3. cheap odds and ends moved without packing POOF
    4. cheap odds and ends packed in moving crafe POOF
    Feara likes this.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

Good to know this Cloudrat, thank you.
  3. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Ouch, thanks for posting about it.
  4. Terrogaunt Developer

It looks like it only happens to me if I have a moving crate in the house. Just FYI, I'm working on the bug now

Update 2: The items don't actually get deleted! Woot! The moving crate just isn't showing up until the zone restarts.
    Mystfit, Cyliena, Feara and 1 other person like this.
  5. Daray Well-Known Member

Hmm, the items never made it to my destination house, and the housing zone has been restarted several times now. The destination house had a moving crate (with contents) in it (so not sure if that impacted anything), but I have since emptied that moving crate and tried to move some additional items over from another house.
  6. Terrogaunt Developer

I doubt the zone restarted several times, since the nature of the bug lies in the fact that I broke the zone's ability to shut down when players leave lol.

I'd wait until the next patch to be sure, since I imagine house zones aren't likely to spin down very often (possibly never, until the fix is live).
  7. Daray Well-Known Member

On a somewhat related note - on a particular loaded layout, I use to have to zone out and back in (ie close/reopen the zone) to have items loaded into exactly the correct positioning - would the above be the reason why the items aren't loading in their final positions when i zone out/in, lol?

Oh, and happen to know when the next update is scheduled for?
  8. Terrogaunt Developer

Yeah, most likely. And we usually patch Tuesdays and Thursdays.