Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cappen, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Calthine Well-Known Member

Cyliena, Kalmaraa and Tariya like this.
  2. Dexella Associate Producer

This is one of my favorites. :)

As others have said, this thread is a lot of fun! Keep sharing your favorites and others you find. ("Pouring One Out For My Skellies" is a quest that always make me giggle).
    Finora, Cyliena and Calthine like this.
  3. Calthine Well-Known Member

How many PLAYERS can you find homage to in the game? Hint: Many of the Kunark tradeskill writ recipes are named for actual players.
    Feara likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

The neriak/freeport Frostfell quest that gives the 'dead' tree.. the dialogue is based on the Monty Python 'dead parrot' skit.
  5. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I know there's one for Niami, Denmother's Trail Mix--looks like that was DoF era. http://eq2.zam.com/db/recipe.html?eq2recipe=8cbeeb794dbd54457f2876ed0b454fba

Ahhh, I've always found that one hilarious but never made the connection. :D
  6. Lament Active Member

The team from CSI (Clockwork Special Investigations I think) outside Klak'anon
    Cyliena likes this.
  7. Scrubbs New Member

There exists an NPC in Jasarth Wastes named Requisition Sergeant Zildrax who is named for a friend of mine from EQ1. We played Iksar (me an SK named Drahkanis and him a Shaman named Zildrax) and RPed a lot on Morrell Thule when it was still the unofficial RP server (before Firiona Vie came along).
    Cyliena and Calthine like this.
  8. Sucha Active Member

An item drop from the final mob in Erudin library is called Deway Deyshamel or something to that effect - dewey decimal system anyone.
    Levatino and Calthine like this.
  9. Calthine Well-Known Member

10. Noctew Active Member

11. Eileithia Active Member

Does it give you slips of paper if you get "frustrated" at them HAHAH.. Awesome reference.
  12. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Ah never had seen that before... funny! Sadly, I didn't use the seashells in time my first time in that zone... it was a painful experience!
  13. Feara Well-Known Member

14. Rijacki Member

Torment of Rijacki was a poison added in Desert of Flames (several crafted items were named for players) and then, after the tradeskill item revamp making all the names of things the same (except food/drinks) it was added in as one of the items to make for the Kunark writs.

[IMG]

As a bonus to this... when I met Friznik (the developer who put the DoF items in) at Fan Faire a couple years ago. On hearing me introduce myself as Rijacki, he quirked his eyebrow and said, "Didn't I name a poison after you?" Oh yes, I am THE Torment :)
  15. Calthine Well-Known Member

16. Rijacki Member

Denmother's Trail Mix was added with DoF, too. It's a level 60 item *grin*. Only -some- of the food/drinks kept their 'special' names with the tradeskill revamp. I am so glad they kept the trail mix and returned -some- of the other named items with the Kunark writs.

Sadly, I think there are only a very very very small number of us still playing today that had DoF items named for us.
  17. Maverick New Member

In Butcher Block mountains there is a NPC called Trapper Coalbear he offers the quest The Number One Threat in Butcherblock this is a direct reference to Steven Colbert of the Colbert Report on comedy central lol. On his show Colbert jokingly referes to bears (those godless killing machines) as the #1 threat to america lol. The colbert report was relativly new at the time EoF launched.

18. theriatis Active Member

Hi,
    if i'm not mistaken then the Doctor in the Abandoned Labs: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Herep'Hilos
    is a Reference to the Doctor in Hellraiser2: Hellbound.
    At least some of the Comments "The Doctor... is here" and "I recommend... Amputation" (or similar)
    are a hint at it :)
    Regards, Theriatis.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  19. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

One of the ones I love is the quest Magnurmal give to go collect gems. One is "Truly Outrageous" and one is "Gem is Adventure" Which is GREAT for me since I am an 80's toy NUT!

I also saw "Felice Adae" (Felicia Day?)

And the ex-tree bit at frostfell is WONDERFUL! ( a mirror of the old Monty Python ex-parrot bit)
    Griffon Lady, Cyliena and Audleigh like this.
  20. Sambril Well-Known Member