An issue with tailored armour this tier.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Britefire, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Britefire New Member

Anyone else notice that the tailored armor sets are locked to specific classes, much more than all the other tiers of armor?
    The woven bear pelt set is fury/warden locked, and the matoppie root is locked to all mages, as opposed to All priests, fighters, and scouts for the tunic and all classes for the cloth?
    Anyone else agree that this needs to be changed to be inline with the other sets of armor, to allow them to be used as appearance gear?
    Cyliena and Mermut like this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

I did and I must say I am NOT a fan of class locked gear, especially not crafted gear.

Anyone should be able to use any crafted gear they want inside of their armor restrictions.
  3. Naychan Member

Found a issue with our recepies. Normally we get 4 cloaks 2 priest and 2 melee I'm only finding 1 melee and it has hate gain on it. So we can't make that for the dips melee classes. Please add a melee dps cloak
    Cyliena and Britefire like this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

agreed with OP, armors should not be locked to classes.
  5. Naychan Member

Sorry I was off topic. I agree with the OP sombody might want to use this stuff as app armor and if its locked they cant so that narrows who we can really sell to.
  6. Britefire New Member

Glad I'm not the only one annoyed at this, hopefully SoE can get this fixed soon!
  7. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I'd like for there to be an appearance check-mark when making armor that creates an appearance-only item with no stats, wearable by all at level 1. Just cause I'm a Warden doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to make a leather or cloth Gi for myself just to wear around (which I've never been able to wear even in the tiers that I could wear the robes).

I have the power to slay mighty foes and cast powerful spells, yet this simple article of clothing which I've made with my own hands is, somehow, impossible to put on. LOL.. I get the whole lore behind the armor types.. but things both in game and the marketplace kind of shoot holes into that whole argument now.
    Finora likes this.
  8. Tylia Well-Known Member

The lack of a regular, full time tradeskill dev who actually knows a thing or two about tradeskill stuff in this game is drastically apparent.
  9. ZUES Well-Known Member

The actual blue stats on the new armor is just horribad! Experimenting is not justified because the armor has hardly any stats on it before the experiment. Makes mastercrafted armor pretty much useless.